RVK_Loves #25 Ads have dried up, freebies no more so Ben blew his beans up me, now we are four

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On another note, yesterday when {M}'s profile was open, I noted he and his wife (appears to be Grabecas bezzie) work for an airline........or maybe it was fancy dress!

Reactions: 3
Pls tell me this caveat is on 'Stories' as this'll hold NO weight as and when someone sues the absolute bejeeeebus out of them!
It’s on stories for sure... and saved to highlights....

I’m not against anyone setting up a business. And would wish anyone well in doing so.

But when setting up a business involving children all aspects of safety must be fulfilled and fully tested. These safety measure have not been tested to British standards.

Edited to add IKEA evidence again for reference (source direct from IKEA website) ☺

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The @littlepartners account (suppliers of the version on the Binky Felstead account) has a myriad of those towers and steps which look far safer and more interesting than the Herts Massive offering.

Reactions: 8
I think the issue is that Montessori is a great way of learning abd development and has been around for yonks.But these bleeping instahuns adopt their pseudo hippy, barefoot whimsical versions of it, and then you have companies trying to make a quick buck slapping that label on it to appeal to these twee masses.
Yes this!! I (loosely) follow Montessori and I love these open shelves and wardrobes because they fit into Montessori (don’t hate me 🙈🤣) but Grabs has just hopped onto the fashionable bits of it with fancy toy shelves and beige stuff. True Montessori is about lots more than that. The biggest thing is allowing your child independence. Some of Maria Montessori’s most well known quotes include “never help your child at a task they believe they can achieve” as well as “let children be free... encourage them, let them run” And then you have Grabby. A woman who straps her child to her front in a baby carrier even though she’s nearly 18 months old and can walk 🙄 She’s just jumped on the band wagon and now Montessori has become associated as a bit of a pretentious/wanky parenting fad, when it’s actually spot on in how children develop and learn.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes this!! I (loosely) follow Montessori and I love these open shelves and wardrobes because they fit into Montessori (don’t hate me 🙈🤣) but Grabs has just hopped onto the fashionable bits of it with fancy toy shelves and beige stuff. True Montessori is about lots more than that. The biggest thing is allowing your child independence. Some of Maria Montessori’s most well known quotes include “never help your child at a task they believe they can achieve” as well as “let children be free... encourage them, let them run” And then you have Grabby. A woman who straps her child to her front in a baby carrier even though she’s nearly 18 months old and can walk 🙄 She’s just jumped on the band wagon and now Montessori has become associated as a bit of a pretentious/wanky parenting fad, when it’s actually spot on in how children develop and learn.
Exactly this! ❤

Freya is not raised in the Montessori way at all! Grabs is far too much of a control freak for that! What with the ridiculous toddler wearing, prison cot and constant use of apps for ‘leaps’, naps etc... 😂

Reactions: 20
It’s called toys.. and we are yet so see a toy so I think I know what’s coming next. Their own ripped off version of the climbing frame she was gifted but too cheap to buy herself. That they will charge extortionate prices for

• Angry
Reactions: 23
I reckon they will make a wooden play mat toy - you know one of those frames with three things dangling down from it that you put over a play mat. They want to be careful - anything for children, especially those under three years, has to be properly certified with British Safety Standards.

Reactions: 10
Running a business like this actually requires some customer service experience. We are certainly seeing that Grabby does not have any of the qualities for the job 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So, to recap:
- you not only have to sand it, but you also have to consider felt pads which you have to buy yourself
- he’s bought square head bolts to thrash the top handrail together rather an Alan key fixing or similar that every one has so is having to send a drill bit with each stool
- the timber is different between the handrail and the IKEA step. How tit. Why not acquire matching timber so it doesn’t look half arsed
- the edges of the handrail are not plane edged like the IKEA stool and look square edged and sharp. Nice touch
- he could’ve mortice and tenoned the handrail corners to avoid having ghastly “plug sockets” which again you yourself have to fill (or not if you want to take apart
- why not send it flatpack? Oh you might as well get it from IKEA then and thrash a few bits of firewood together for the handrail
- she describes the top section as “pine wood” which sounds so naive and you feel as if she finks it sounds dead smart, like mahogany in or burr oak
- satin / eggshell would be slippy as duck when wet, covered in sauce?
- the scallops as I said earlier are not uniform on the awful “Fweya” range 🤮 (someone also referring to the item of furniture with a female pronoun 🤮🤮)

To me the whole business concept/advertising and informational material smacks of a 6th form art or design tech project where you have to imagine you’re setting up your own business and you make the product and market it. Scary that grown adults appear to be sycophantically gushing all over the posts for what looks to me like pine and ply thrashed together with cheap fixings with no skill or care whatsoever, and little consideration given to any BS EN standards. It beggars belief.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I maybe skimmed past it, but this toy company was incorporated on Jan 4th at Companies House by {M} and {B} so they're wasting no time in getting up and running and hustling for sales. Grabby and the other wife are not registered as directors. They're obviously taking this seriously as a new business venture, going straight to forming a limited company.

If they do have the carpentry skills to make proper hand made kids toys and furniture (not IKEA hacks), there's definitely a market for it. Would go down very well on somewhere like Not On The High Street especially if they could get into the personalized side of things. Imaging something like a really solid well made, painted, personalized bookshelf. If they'd thought about this more and planned it all a bit better there might have been something in pairing his carpentry skills with her flogging to her fellow mama audience.

But as with anything she's connected to, it's all just so half arsed, rushed, not properly researched or thought through and when the tit hits the fan, she doubles down and digs herself into a deeper hole and her true colours always shine through. She's just not cut out for work like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
WOW - they are recommending you prime or oil the stool yourself because of splinters? So they are essentially flogging something for £75 that's unfinished. I've never bought another piece of furniture with a disclaimer that it might not have been bloody sanded properly and to treat it myself!!
She must be reading on tattle re splinters 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

And it’s colourful! Montessori doesn’t have to be beige 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Part of me wants to order something to see whether it arrives in one piece, only then to return it saying i don't think the quality is good enough, in the hope they improve their design....but that would be wrong and petty of me, for various reasons 😂😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't like Instagram selling much, if I'm going to be completely honest, but I get why this (misad)venture is getting loads of stick. It's obviously about money and only money. But it's completely bonkers to trust them to check their crappy plywood stuff is safe. Grabby and Benpecked both think (and endlessly bragged) that they didn't need a fire guard on their toxic wood burning stove and I'm pretty sure I read that they don't think stairgates on stairs are necessary either. People are buying overpriced rubbish that will splinter really easily and haven't given a second thought to the safety aspect. Fools and their money.

I'll be honest I don't hate the Fweya range, they are quite cool but I don't think they look well finished and are definitely not worth the price. Also I don't buy from paedos.

The Stanley stool on the other hand they should just give up with. It's a well known hack, they're already running into all sorts of problems with it and it's a rip off!

They are trying to cover their arses by telling the customer the amount of extra work you'd have to do, to make it safe. If something goes wrong they'll accuse the customer of not following advice. Scumbags.

OMG there's another product popped up... the Freya toy shelf :eek: where you can display bland matching #gifted toys.
Its so bland and depressing, I love a bit of natural wood and light colours but you have to embrace some colour for kids toys! It’s like there’s a sepia filter on everything!

Also £125 for plywood furniture; please support my sMaLl BuSiNeSs... piss off, I hope they sell nothing. It would be karma for all the free stuff she’s accepted in the past from small businesses herself but not had the decency to actually buy.

Reactions: 12
The bath post - exactly! What a prize winning twonk. Talking about 'cooking the baby' then in the next breath saying she doesn't want to add to anyone's anxieties. Tool.

*pregnant lady very much enjoying a bubble bath thank you very much*
Omg i’m exactly the same i am only 10 weeks and already had numerous baths! I would never have ever thought i was cooking the baby what a stupid inappropriate thing to say! And she even says that the midwife says it’s fine so wtf is she waffling on about..whilst she has a pic of her own bath running?! So did she have one after all that? Not that i give a flying duck! So many first time pregnant Mummies might be petrified after her saying that! I hope they know not to listen 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.