RVK Loves #9 Who cares that the baby is freezing, so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty rubbish looking cake to me. Must have been the low cal option!
In my expert opinion, it was a piece of toasted banana bread and it had butter on the side. I love banana bread and make it often.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I bloody love Ocado so i am going to be hacked off as hell if they start gifting her...she’s only getting on their bandwagon because they have an M&S partnership incoming this spring. Her greed is ridiculous.
I noticed that they are only offering 3 months free delivery for new customers.

Reactions: 1
Obviously I can’t read all of the weaning post because it’s so overly long and I have a 7 month old to “parent” like someone said above I’m surprised by some of the stuff she said in the post including that she weaned early.

It must have been lovely for her to have that day off. My husband is taking our daughter swimming in the morning, I’ve done an online shop today so when I get 90 minutes to myself tomorrow I can clean the house and maybe have time for a full cup of hot coffee with my feet up! (We are still very much in the “only wants to nap in the sling” phase).

Obviously I can’t read all of the weaning post because it’s so overly long and I have a 7 month old to “parent” like someone said above I’m surprised by some of the stuff she said in the post including that she weaned early.

It must have been lovely for her to have that day off. My husband is taking our daughter swimming in the morning, I’ve done an online shop today so when I get 90 minutes to myself tomorrow I can clean the house and maybe have time for a full cup of hot coffee with my feet up! (We are still very much in the “only wants to nap in the sling” phase).
They’re all at the early weaning! Some of the statements she makes, followed by ‘obviously I am no expert’.. don’t bloody write about it then!

Also I can’t see what her and Ben are eating that wouldn’t be suitable for Freya, they hardly strike me as the Chinese takeaway or dominoes types!

Small nugget of advice to our Rebs: There are no days off in motherhood love, you’re in it for the long haul (bit like your flights!)

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Was duller than a dull thing. On and on, ad nauseum like most of her blog posts.

Reactions: 4
She says the health visitor said Baby Led Weaning was what they recommended but RVK goes on about purees and avocado too much to forget about 🤣

How many times do we need to see her photos of syringes full of her harvested colostrum....we get it....you produced a glut of colostrum....it’s “liquid gold” sure....but I really did not need to see a photo of Freya with the fluorescent yellow stuff all round her mouth 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
That weaning blog post has me like 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s like a compilation of every sanctimummy comment I’ve ever seen on babycentre/ mumsnet in regards to weaning. Should have made a bingo card!

* we are doing a mix of baby led and purées 🤦🏻‍♀️ Traditional then?
* I was advised to not give purées coz then she won’t learn how to eat 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Yes coz there are millions of grown children and adults who don’t know how to eat
* purées aren’t “real” food 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ are they fake then?
* “food before one is only for fun” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Sigh- don’t start me on this.
* “ I was adamant that I wasn't going to spend hours in the kitchen steaming things, pureering and freezing them” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ A smug perception from BLW sanctimummys that you spend hoursssss preparing purées- It’s actually faster and
Easier to just blend what you’re having for dinner than worry about cutting the finger foods to the correct sizes so baby doesn’t choke etc 🙄

sorry guys, I just get very pissed off when people spout utter nonsense in regards to weaning.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That weaning blog post has me like 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s like a compilation of every sanctimummy comment I’ve ever seen on babycentre/ mumsnet in regards to weaning. Should have made a bingo card!

* I was advised to not give purées coz then she won’t learn how to eat 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Yes coz there are millions of grown children and adults who don’t know how to eat
* “food before one is only for fun” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Sigh- don’t start me on this.
* “ I was adamant that I wasn't going to spend hours in the kitchen steaming things, pureering and freezing them” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ A smug perception from BLW sanctimummys that you spend hoursssss preparing purées- It’s actually faster and
Easier to just blend what you’re having for dinner than worry about cutting the finger foods to the correct sizes so baby doesn’t choke etc 🙄

sorry guys, I just get very pissed off when people spout utter nonsense in regards to weaning.
Wouldn’t expect anything less than utter nonsense from the Queen of Patronising Drivel.

Reactions: 9
Wouldn’t expect anything less than utter nonsense from the Queen of Patronising Drivel.
Don't forget though, she has been weaning for whole month so she is now a qualified expert. 😒

It doesn't matter how much bloody 'avo' and salmon she eats. Almost every child goes through stages of being utterly defiant and fussy and refuses everything they once loved just because they can. I wonder how she will cope then.

It's quite easy to shovel almost anything into a baby's mouth. The really test is how quickly you cave when they're a toddler chucking everything you make at the wall and refusing to eat in a power struggle even though you know damn well they used to love it 🤣

And then they start primary school and the never ending cake sales and class birthdays ruin all your hard work anyway 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m pleased you read it all for me. I couldn’t bring myself to wade through that drivel. I need to check that my adult children can eat since they had puréed food at Freya’s age. She’s so sanctimonious. An authority after one month 🙄 she has a long road ahead with many hiccups. I’m keen to see how this all pans out.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Surely only sociopaths organise breakfast dates at their house with friends Saturday mornings?? Do normal people do this? Why aren’t they vegging on the sofa in pjs eating crunchy nut cornflakes 😫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Surely only sociopaths organise breakfast dates at their house with friends Saturday mornings?? Do normal people do this? Why aren’t they vegging on the sofa in pjs eating crunchy nut cornflakes 😫
She does sweet eff all from monday to friday, it’s only natural that she’s well rested on a saturday morning to cook brunch for her mates.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I havent read the post as i dont have kids and weaning doesnt interest me. However i can imagine as with everything she writes she is making all you mothers feel completely inferior. Lets not forget she herself has had some serious issues with food so for all her patronising and preaching...she aint perfect. Keep it in perspective.

AND then cook croissants from dough...lets stick to the coco pops without friends and feeling happy doing so !! 😂 she needs to learn its ok to spend time in the house ALONE. God forbid!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.