Rvk Loves #42 You Got this Oil Change Mama

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ice on the inside of their windows just confirms what we've all said so often...their house is freezing. Poor Waffy in his frigid corridor bedroom 😢 Now I realise this is reality for many families but you'd think their million pound, best house in the village 😉 would/could/should be warmer!!!

So glad you have good support, luckily my daughter does too. NHS at it's best 👌 💕
Ice completely coating the INSIDE of her windows and she makes her poor baby sleep under those things???

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I am genuinely shocked by the ice inside the windows.

Why on earth have they not done something about the windows.

Reactions: 15
Ice inside their windows and Waffy sleeps under one of those, in a corridor. No wonder he’s always ill. How as a parent can you prioritise holidays over the health of your kids?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
They put infrared heaters next to their beds and an electric blanket for Freya on top of it. How that can be safe I do not know.

• Wow
Waffy looks like he needs his nose wiped in every single picture. And it was baltic, sub zero - I'm not sure I would take my children to what appeared to be an exclusively outside activity given how poorly they have been. This isn't me being a snowflake but really extreme cold conditions force your body to work harder to keep warm, if you are already fighting off a virus etc (as they ALWAYS are), then just a short time outside is recommended - not an entire afternoon.
It’s a completely outdoor event. I had tickets booked for Monday and cancelled them last week when I saw how cold it was due to be. And my ‘kiddos’ haven’t even been poorly like hers have.

Reactions: 7
The ice on the windows is shocking. Is their house listed and that's why they haven't updated their windows to double glazing? That should be a priority, not a manky caravan, grubby tiles in the hall, badly planned kitchen diner extension and loft bathroom!!!

Reactions: 20
I used to live in a Victorian house with single glazing - in the 13 years we lived there we never had ice on the inside. Her windows must have been running with condensation to form that much ice. She needs a dehumidifier and some secondary glazing!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
The ice on the windows is shocking. Is their house listed and that's why they haven't updated their windows to double glazing? That should be a priority, not a manky caravan, grubby tiles in the hall, badly planned kitchen diner extension and loft bathroom!!!
Their house is listed but I’m shocked at the ice on the insides of the windows. Growing up we had a house with single glazing (some rooms had secondary double glazing), but we never had ice like this on the windows and we had some cold winters. I suspect her aesthetically pleasing radiators either aren’t up to the job or she doesn’t have enough radiators of a sufficient size to heat the spaces.

I also think that knowing the kitchen / diner faces north, why would you make it so large with such large amounts of glazing?

If I was her I’d have put a log burner into that playroom/ junk fest room and had the children playing in there. Given it’s modest size, That room would be toasty with a log burner.

Reactions: 15
We have single glazing. We use a window vacuum and dehumidifier and have never had ice inside even during the beast from the east. I really feel for those kids.

• Sad
It baffles me how she thinks actual ICE on the INSIDE of her windows is instagrammable.

How long before Waffy is in A&E with bronchiolitis again?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Christ almighty, no wonder the kids are always sick.

How much have they pissed away on that house when they could have bought a less instagrammable, but more modern (warm!!) family home?

Reactions: 12
Having a listed house doesn't mean you can't have double glazing. She would have to have windows in keeping with the current style though. Im guessing custom made wooden windows for a house that size would be £££££. Im guessing around £20k probably more with the current price of materials.

Reactions: 8
Raffy told you that himself did he while waking up from beneath the icy window?
It’s bad enough she thinks living like this is acceptable (and putting her child immediately underneath a window) but to then think it’s ok to bleat on about it to all her followers she really is more stupid than I thought before 🤦🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Angry
Christ almighty, no wonder the kids are always sick.

How much have they pissed away on that house when they could have bought a less instagrammable, but more modern (warm!!) family home?
It’s the nicest house in the village though. Mumma said so and Grabby just had to have it(!) (with help from the Kedgefund). 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Double glazing would have been a priority for me over the fold up caravan reno, the bifolds in the kitchen and the endless holidays/trips

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Seriously she can duck right off. Her kids aren't even at school yet!!!!
I know this has actually made me so angry. Imagine trying to do all of that and work full time. She is literally the most clueless, classless human. Is she actually serious?!?

Reactions: 8
Having a listed house doesn't mean you can't have double glazing. She would have to have windows in keeping with the current style though. Im guessing custom made wooden windows for a house that size would be £££££. Im guessing around £20k probably more with the current price of materials.
It doesn’t but I work as a planner and different authorities have different ideas as to the appropriateness of double glazing. Some heritage officers really hate it!

She had so many problems with the heritage officer when they wanted to extend, it would t surprise me if it was a ‘no’ for double glazing.

There’s still no excuse for not painting her front door!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know this has actually made me so angry. Imagine trying to do all of that and work full time. She is literally the most clueless, classless human. Is she actually serious?!?
And Ben seems to be home at least several days a week if not all

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.