Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I had a look at her latest "what's in my makeup bag" video last week, just out of curiosity. God it was awful, just a makeup bag she'd found in her glove box and full of stuff she'd forgotten she had. I switched off after the first minute, I want to see new stuff, not grubby old stuff she's forgotten about. Her blog feels really stale - and she is still wearing that horrible pseudo-leopard print cardigan she's been wearing for about 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

IndigoViolet

Right, so on stories today RC got a 'press discount' for an item, whatever that means. According to Ruth that doesn't make it an ad, even though she would be unlikely to feature the product if she hadn't got a press discount, and the item was most probably sent to her in exchange for exposure. Still not an ad though, eh? As far as I know, the rules for declaring adverts do not include this wank about 'press discounts'. An advert is an advert, stop trying to get round the bloody advertising rules.
I know she fancies herself as a writer but since when has she been “press”?

• Haha

Influenzapandemic

this reminds me so much of Grace Beverly and her shitty workout clothes, how can you ever hope to really be a success if you are just relying on fans? especially if you rely on them to basically accept shitty service. Imagine getting an email from a normal business ending with the initial of the owner and x?!
All the talk of Caroline I posted that one by mistake on Ruth’s thread. 😂

• Haha

Gulster

Her degree is English or creative writing or something. She gave up law to become a model.
I didn't know her hair cuts were free. So lovely of her not mind that others have to pay more to cover the deficit. No wonder she is pissed off at having to declare ads.
A few years ago she had a ytube video banned for not declaring it an #AD which hit the papers. She is clearly as dishonest as all the others throwing their toys out of the pram.
Two camps emerging now. The ones who aren't ranting and the ones that are. The louder the ranters complain the more obvious it is how worried they are that their years of dishonesty will be exposed.

• Wow

Ciaragh

Does anyone else feel like Ruth is losing the plot? First of all there was that utterly bizarre post sexualising a Disney character, which is just disturbing on so many levels. And the fact that she’s always bemoaning how exhausted she is when she barely has to scratch herself
for a living and has a nanny to look after her two kids.

It also creeps me out that her children have been shoved into the public eye since their conception yet her husband has never appeared on screen once. How can he allow his children’s privacy to be completely exploited whilst simultaneously be so protective about his own?

I’d love to know the story behind their move to the country because nobody goes to the enormous effort of renovating their entire house, to a very personal spec only to move out very shortly afterwards. And with two very young children into rented accommodation. Always felt there was more to this than was said

Xena693

I cannot believe she has moved again!! Though the sad thing is, actually, I can. Ruth never really seemed happy or settled at that house and there were often times I wondered if she was suffering an illness or poor mental health, such was the extent of her misery.

It just seems/is so wasteful of all the time and money she invested, not just into the Georgian house but the previous house that she renovated from top to bottom only to promptly move out a short time later. It’s just bizarre, really. Especially when you factor two small children into the equation, one of whom will have had to change schools as a result of her mother’s whimsy. I feel really sorry for the kids. A child’s home is their haven and it won’t be easy for them having their world turned upside down yet again because of Ruth’s nomadic discontent

• Heart

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I couldn’t see any brochure or pics or this one or the previous one. I really like Ruth I am just really intrigued !!

Is MCM just a spin on something 70s ?
It’s not my area of expertise but I just immediately think 70s with houses on stilts, basket chairs abd dark wood panelling 😂
No, mid-century modern refers to design in architecture, furniture etc from 1945 to the end of the 1960s. Designers to think of are Eames, Arne Jacobsen, Ercol, Robert Welch, Gordon Russell and Robert Heritage. It wasn't just furniture, it was cutlery, lighting, soft furnishings etc too.

The 1970s are a whole other story ..... they are not known as the decade that style forgot for nothing!! 😂 Trust me, I was there!

• Haha

Author123

Chatty Member
I’m shocked! I LOVED the Georgian house, the hallway 😍 and the new extension which I think was only 2019?! I don’t mind Ruth and I adore Mr Bear, she’s one of the only ones that genuinely makes me chuckle but is totally bonkers.
I always got the feeling that she was never really comfortable with the extension- as if she was expecting it to completely change how she felt about the house, but then couldn’t really be bothered with it. They didn’t seem to really make it into a useable room once it was finished other than just putting a couple of chairs in there.

Wasn’t it only a couple of months ago she couldn’t decide what colour pink to paint the laundry room? I definitely live a very different life and couldn’t switch tracks so quickly from redecorating to moving!

emm

VIP Member
I don't think she's always been so bad - I started watching her when she still lived in the London flat and filmed in front of the wallpapered wall and think she used to give good recommendations and was genuinely quite funny in a non try hard way. Now she rambles on and on trying to make jokes/innuendos, 'forgetting' what she's trying to say etc it's just boring
I agree, although when I started watching her it was before the change in #ad laws and I thoguht she was a lot more genuine than she turned out to be

Jaeme

It’s sad how many people are willing to basically sell their children’s childhoods for the sake of some free tat and an easy life.

I don’t agree with it to any extent really but I guess it could be a lot worse than it is (like the poor Saccone-Joly kids treated as performing seals).

It’ll be interesting to see how things go further down the line for all of these people sharing their kids lives on Instagram. I know a few say if their kids don’t want to be on camera they won’t film / post them but if it’s all they’ve ever known how are they going to know the intricacies of it.
If it was me I’d be concerned about the possibility of long term effects on my child rather than making some money on ads.

albion

I’m pretty sure that the move maybe due to the development of the neighbouring field.
It seems that shortly after they moved in the neighbour up a big ugly barn, followed by another. This is directly behind the glass room, they planted a large evergreen bush and always take the photos from the same angle to conceal it.

95DF6535-4EA4-45FC-A9AE-67150EEB0E43.jpeg
The neighbours then applied for an agricultural workers dwelling, which they aren’t too happy
about:

As the closest neighbours to the proposed development, we must strongly object.

1) This is a green field site with nearby protected dwellings (our own is Grade II listed) and the proposed workers dwelling appears to be excessive in size, both for its intended function and for the location, which is both outside of the village's development zone and on a sensitive site. No consideration seems to have been taken for impact on either the character of the area or the setting of the listed building. We would add that the proposed land for development is far, far higher than Whatley Combe House and so any buildings would dominate no matter what the height of the roofline.

2) It is difficult to see the need for a workers dwelling when the main farm, at which most of the applicant's land is held, is so close by - at the top of the village - and there are properties for sale that are more financially attainable than the cost of the proposed build.

3) We are deeply concerned that with each approved development on this site there is progressive harm, both to nearby dwellings and in particular the setting of Whatley Combe House. I would argue that the setting of and view from this house is part of its character and importance as a Grade II listed country house and already there has been a barn erected under permitted development that is less than 70 metres from the curtilage as well as a livestock building that is approximately 100 m from the curtilage. Further development poses a serious issue as it will push farm workings and associated machinery/debris further to the boundary, and we ask that you give consideration to paragraph 193 of the National Planning Policy Framework.

4) Overall, we feel that outline planning is highly inappropriate for a proposal that involves such a sensitive and previously undeveloped site. On a further note, no objections were made by neighbours to the original barn because it was assured to be simply for the overwintering of cattle, as laid out in the original application. However it now appears that this was the first stage in a wider strategy to build a (large) residential property at Lower Whatley, one for which there does not seem to be sufficient financial viability or sufficient need, considering the scale and proximity of Manor Farm.

• Wow

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
The underwear is not the most flattering but I think she looks fine. Sure, she is not model thin anymore, but she probably had to restrict what she ate throughout her 20's to retain that model figure.

I used to love Ruth back in the day. She was a breath of fresh air and made no bones about who she was. Now I can't bear to read her rambly and unfunny posts.

She's still a lot nicer than other influencers (side note: her friendship with Hirons baffles me as Ruth is actually nice). It has been said here before but merging the Mum related content and blogging hasn't been a great success
See I felt this as well but it was before thr times of Rules and regulations I was a bit of a fan girl of a Lot of beauty bloggers then I started to really wise up and realise it was all one big advert no different to a magazine so I started to feel a bit duped and stupid . Ruth was not a happy bunny with when the regs on adverts and affiliates came out which said a lot to me. I do think I would get on with her based on her one line persona, she does make me laugh but I will always have that duped feeling . One thing I do admire is her business sense (if we put the aforementioned to one side ) , she isn’t daft .. moving into blogging when modelling was moving away.. the hair care stuff .. property.. not sure if the mothering stuff brings much in I guess cos once you are Past those new mum early years you aren’t in the loop anymore to see the ads etc but I guess there’s a constant churn of new mums so ... she isn’t daft.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I understand now why she started talking about her love of interiors ; that Georgian like pile she moved into will be hugely expensive to fill with furniture unless you can wangle a few freebies here and there.

• Haha

Misty bananas

Looking at all these houses I’m like mid what century? 🤷🏼‍♀️😂
Me too, I wonder is it to throw people off. Or by mid century...could she mean ANY century????? Like mid 1800s 😂😂😂 I'm also wondering might they be staying in a rental during renovations as the fireplace was a wall of brick in her stories and none of the sold houses in that postcode have one like it.
Ps I'm looking forward to the end of lockdown when I can actually have a life again instead of pondering Ruth's house move.

• Haha
  • Heart

Wifo1976

VIP Member
The first is in renovation but not in refurb
The second is in tiles but not in Brinton Carpets
The third is in ten tons of lavender bulbs but not in Barry the giant

The next is in beg but not in #ad
The second is in recommends and also in hirons
The third is in aga and also in bear (best tucking cat ever including my own)
The fourth is in mid century and also in Georgian
The fifth is not in extension but is in glass
The sixth is in both Ruth and Crilly
And the last is in why and also in cry and also in how the hell am I still in lockdowny mclockdown
Mr Bear should have his own thread in the Rave Section of TL😻

• Heart

Whiskers

If you read the Harpers article she must pay for some of it - I can’t see antiques dealers or flea markets giving a f*** about influencers. I suppose though she can afford that by getting so much else free.

I don’t really get the thought process there - ‘this is the perfect house but at the same time we will have to move soon’. And in the meantime spend tens of thousands on renovating a house we won’t live in for very long? 🤔

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Yeah you'd forget she was a model because it was part of her branding and image back when she started. Now she has retired the AMR name and I'm not quite sure what she is. A mummy blogger? Beauty blogger? Seller of TVs?

• Haha