Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

libelle80

I think it can be a “the grass looks always greener on the other side” kind of situation.
Where - maybe influenced by social media or popular books/shows about English history (didn’t she write her master thesis on Wolf Hall?) - she thought she wanted to live in an older home.
And then it turned out to not be what you imagined it to be in day to day life.

plus I think she loves renovating/building extensions/... which I would love too, if I had the means and money and time

Reactions: 9

Wifo1976

VIP Member
It’s so very jarring that already very well off people get cheaper or even free items just for photography and mentioning the company on sm.
Abso-fucking-lutely! It really does my nut. I get it - it’s advertising but wtf. Especially when it’s high end stuff that normal folk aspire to and save for. Then some insta-idiot gets it given to them for nowt but 24 hours on a story. I saw someone today receive 3 beautiful hats for an ad - do they have 3 heads??? Honestly. Pisses me right off.

• Haha

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
I find her posts pretty unreadable these days. I used to find her funny and entertaining, but it seems like she’s made this rambly, waffling, slightly out of her mind persona (because she’s soo busy) out of herself because people probably related to that in the beginning, but now it’s just an act and, at least to me, quite annoying.

(I can’t remember if I’ve ever posted on this thread; if not: hello!)

Influenzapandemic

Ruth said they have moved already but the house hasn’t been on the market and also Caroline Hirons daughter is at the house at the minute it seems from her Instagram. I wonder if Caroline bought the house.

• Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's fascinating how she keeps renovating and then selling afterwards. Why bother going to all that effort?

I wonder is she bored

Reactions: 8

SarahHxx

It was always disappointing to not see it look good whilst Ruth lived there, she seemed lost in that house, all we ever wanted was a full tour and it never got there! Hopefully Hirons will actually do something with it not that we will see it now as she’s not about that. All the old tat Ruth owns (and thinks looks good) is far better suited to the weird house that she now has. That salmon pink bathroom with dark cabinets and chrome fittings makes me want to vom, it’s such a mess! It doesn’t even look good styled in photos! The panelled waxed sapele looks ridiculous, it’s like a really bad spa locker room, god knows what they’re thinking when they make those choices! I saw Lily Pebbles pondering the same salmon tile for her loft the other day, Jesus! 🤢

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I tend to agree. It does annoy the hell out of me when influencers who are extremely wealthy get stuff for free (and often even make money on said things with affiliate links etc)

• Angry

Author123

Chatty Member
I don’t really get the thought process there - ‘this is the perfect house but at the same time we will have to move soon’. And in the meantime spend tens of thousands on renovating a house we won’t live in for very long? 🤔
Don’t forget to factor in the stamp duty payable on houses this value- it’s pretty substantial!

• Wow

It'sAllFlannel

Anybody catch her reel where she shows the wallpaper done behind the radiators, one wall done in each room because they've chosen retro radiators to be installed in each room and wanted to get wallpaper behind each one before installation 🙄. Also her telling of her 'accidental' wearing of a thong swimsuit while gardening at the same time as the tree surgeon trimming a tree in the garden. Sure Ruth it was the only thing you could wear while gardening 👍😉.

• Haha
  • Wow

PinkandTwinkly

I've never even considered wearing pants to bed. I imagine it'd be uncomfortable, as they move and you did.
Didn't realise it was so popular 😂

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I wonder if this new property will be her forever home, if not, she might have a wee problem 🤔
She mentioned this was her 'forever location' but I don't think she said anything about it being her forever home 😄 I wouldn't be surprised if, when she's done renovating this house, she moves again...to the house next door.

• Haha

Artheusa

What is it with Ruth and glass extensions? This is going to be her third one. Will she move again after this one's finished? Maybe she has this secret plan of moving from house to house and giving each one an architectural update as part of her plans of world domination or something. Seriously though, I would hate it if my house was in constant reconstruction.

Last edited:
  • Haha

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
She’s sniffing around for a new bathroom shelf .

She and her Husband are both clearly very very well off, just buy your own shelf and show it afterwards .

The Instagram greed is abhorrent🙄

No she didn’t need the extra room. I’d have lived in there if it was mine. Big squashy sofas and armchairs , massive rug and lamps for low level lighting.

Yes they do splash the cash , clearly money is no object. I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve done to the 70’s ski chalet.
They splash the cash but have dreadful taste, I remember the entirely brown first renovation 🤢

• Haha
Her husband is a celebrity photographer, (Richard Grassie) and he, quite wisely refuses to be on her channels because I think he knows it would ruin his reputation within his industry . She created this air of mystery around him, but he shot the campaign for her dry shampoo (which isn’t all that) and she put a video of the shoot day on her YouTube and he’s there for everyone to see. She posts ads every single day, she has become a complete sell out.

• Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
I've finally managed to hit the balloons and 'win' a Lancome mascara sample from the swipe up link in Ruth's Stories. So it's not too late for anyone who wants a random 'cheering' little package in the mail.

Never mind that I haven't worn mascara since before the start of lockdown- 'free' is my favourite word.
I won! I won!
I will receive my free 2 ml sample in 4 weeks.
I love free things too, I wonder if there are any more offers like this. My alexa used to send me random stuff, last item was disappointing, black incontinence underwear.

• Haha
  • Wow