Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
It is her pool, she’s mentioned not being too bothered about it before and I could have killed her! 😂 Been so desperate for a swim over seven months of lockdown, I would have jumped in that pool in February.
Yes she did that (smug? Humblebrag?) post about not listening to the pool guy's advice.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Valentina

Why buy the Georgian house at all then? I think she seemed to love the Georgian. She’s a bit scattered a lot of the time anyways but all the stuff she bought for it suggested to me that she loved it. The wisteria alone 😍
Maybe they thought they would love it but living in it proved, that the period of house just wasn't for them. We sold an Edwardian house which I loved and bought a 17th century stone farmhouse in an idyllic setting. It never felt quite right, even after we had done lots of renovations. We stayed for ten years but I now know that oak beams and creaking floors are not my cup of tea. I never really settled there. I do miss warming my bum on the Aga though.

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Sci-fi? Wow I never would have expected that!

No wonder I was confused! This will probably not be published, by the looks of it, but would be interesting to see if she ever does. (And as a testament to her great storytelling, I remember once reading an insta caption and choking on some water. I don't remember what story it was (maybe the chicken one?), but remember that I showed it to my parents, and they both actually laughed out loud.)

(Also sorry for being overly rave-y about Ruth, lol, but she is one of the few influencers I can actually stomach. Although she sometimes manages to provoke an eye roll, I do actually really, really like her.)
I do agree with you. I find her annoying at times and really wish she didn't merge the motherhood stuff into the normal blog but as far as influencers go she is the most harmless and least annoying/ self absorbed

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
🤮

They’d have much more integrity if they could say “I bought this...” rather than gifted or press samples.

I ended up unfollowing as too many “urgh I’m so sick woe is me” type of posts.
She’s always ill, must be the stress of life living in a ££££££ Georgian pile, creating content on make up , clothes , interiors and getting tons of free stuff as a result .

Pass me the sick bucket Ruth.

• Haha

Artheusa

I don't know why I feel disappointed that a complete stranger bought a house I'd never own but here it is 😆

• Haha

Libertine

VIP Member
Didn’t one of Ruth’s followers cheerily post that she loved driving past Ruth’s house that she recognised from the distinctive front door?!

• Wow
  • Haha

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Why buy the Georgian house at all then? I think she seemed to love the Georgian. She’s a bit scattered a lot of the time anyways but all the stuff she bought for it suggested to me that she loved it. The wisteria alone 😍

BigMavis

VIP Member
I think her husband is the "go to" photographer for a lot of bigger names for PR shots etc. He did the PR for the crown, he's not your run of the mill camera guy. I think they met on a shoot and I think he wasn't single at the time, iirc Ruth mentioned this.
Anyway I don't think money is the issue, its probably down to home comforts and itchy feet. She did complain a lot of some rooms being very cold, changing the babies room because of that and burning money with needing the aga on 24/7.
I'm telling you don't even consider buying something like this, they're a fecking nightmare :m

Schnitzel

not just about ruth by ant means, but ithink most influencers have becomd even morr grabby than beforr. i just cannot getwhy brands keep doing this at this point
I agree. The hotel is at fault for offering a food box for free in the first place, and RC is at fault for accepting. If the food is really so wonderful and such great quality, why doesn't she put her hand in her pocket and pay for it? That would actually support a local business during this time.

fallouou

Influencers in general seem to be inundated with free stuff this week. I don’t get why they think people want to watch them receive all this stuff
It’s so infuriating! In the frow did this recently - a vid of her using all the free shit she had just received. She had a big list of all of the affiliate links so lots of lovely little revenue streams off free things she had been sent. In turn brands will see she has mentioned them in videos so are more inclined to send her more - “free” PR! And she even makes a point in the video of saying “I haven’t been sent any Tom Ford in ages.” It grates on me so much that I watch these videos and can fund this lifestyle tbh.

Gulster

If she can actually afford to pay for all the free stuff, why would she exploit her children in order to not pay? What sane mother would do that to their own children?
Her husband refuses to be included in the big sell so it's not like they haven't discussed the effects of media exposure on his career. Just not prepared to afford her children the same respect.

• Wow
  • Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I hate it when people just throw in a few random words in foreign languages, just to show that they know a few words but you know that they couldn't actually write an entire piece in that language... I haven't been keeping with Ruth for a few years now, would sometimes watch a random vid when it pops in suggested. This exempt from her blog is just really bad. Do people here still watch and enjoy her videos?
Totally agree with this. I haven't gone near her site in a while, it seems more of a hobby to her anyway even though she sometimes complains about "work"