Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
This!

while she lived in that huge victorian mansion I was always waiting when they will finally finish the house and show all the rooms, but it never happend. Even I as a viewer felt stressful about this endless unfinished home, so how can they feel comfortable in there?

for example the living room, it never seemed to be finish and so „cold“, if anyone know what I mean?
She had no idea how to furnish the Georgian house, despite all the ‘partnerships’ with furniture, furnishings and electricals companies (she had a squashy sofa from Arlo & Jacob, £££’s worth of designer carpet which was a terrible design choice in that space, a Samsung Frame TV when they first came out and were extremely expensive). Even the furniture placement was wrong, it always looked temporary and empty, like they’d just moved in. No wonder most of her content downstairs was in the kitchen where the furniture is all fitted and she didn’t really have to do much in the way of adding to.

I’m no fan of the way Hirons runs her business or conducts herself on social media but I do think her interior design style (rich, bold colours and plush fabrics as per her red Fulham living room) is more suited to this house than Ruth’s.

Reactions: 9

PoleStar

Chatty Member
The thought of that gob on legs Hirons sullying the air in the beautiful Georgian house is unbearable. I hope the resident ghosts (there must be ghosts in that house) haunt her out of the place. 👻👻👻

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I used to love Ruth back in the day. She was a breath of fresh air and made no bones about who she was. Now I can't bear to read her rambly and unfunny posts.

She's still a lot nicer than other influencers (side note: her friendship with Hirons baffles me as Ruth is actually nice). It has been said here before but merging the Mum related content and blogging hasn't been a great success

• Heart

Queenie

VIP Member
How is this woman relatable in any way, shape or form? Jetset lifestyle, red carpet events, minted husband, nanny for her kids, housekeeper.....she pays for NOTHING herself so she, like the rest if them, should just automatically post #ad in every single post, blog or video because you can bet your bottom dollar that absolutely everything is given to them for free. ?

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Totally, I thought the same - of all the times to move house (again!!) the midst of a global pandemic is not it! I have to say that I did wonder if they've downsized, they're both self-employed in non-essential occupations and the pandemic must have had quite a financial impact on a celebrity photographer and a fashion and beauty blogger. Might be totally wrong but it did occur to me.
I think they have downsized hence her banging on about the location rather than the house. She also seems reluctant to share renovations this time round, probably because this house isn't as impressive as the last house. It would need to be pretty impressive to beat that Georgian beauty!

I wonder if she'll come to regret this decision in time. She strikes me as extremely impulsive when it comes to house moves. Maybe the location is worth it; I guess we'll see if/when she does a video.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I’ve nosed on Ava’s IG and there are pics of her fairly recently in the garden so yes CH shelled out £2 million .

Wow, a sales woman extraordinaire!

• Wow

martaS

VIP Member
She’s not alone though, loads of these instahuns whose ‘full time’ job is insta, are moaning about this. They really need to take a reality check!
Nic Chapman is another one. It's so upsetting they don't make the most of their time with their kids. Kiddos grow up so quick. Have fun with them and cherish these moments.

murphy

And here she is in yesterdays Mail Online, shilling her app. Didn't someone say it would take just one sponned article to get it up and running?
Funny that most of the comments obvs don't know who the heck she is and ask why she called her son Ted Crilly, after Father Ted.

• Haha
Why is she happy to film the cottage reno but not sure about the house?
Maybe she wants to keep more of her private life private - she shared such a lot with her other house it was easy to see where she lived etc. I’d be the same, don’t think I’d mind sharing a holiday let renovation as it’s seperate from your home life, but that’s just me 😊

Yel

Chatty Member
The problem is they're used to sly ways and being rewarded very well. They came to see that as the norm.

When it was never going to last. Rather than just admitting they lucked out and made a fortune while regulations were catching up they act like spoilt brats.

She's been posting several times this week about a lamp from John Lewis, asking them for advice. Obviously just a thirsty attempt to get a freebie. Then goes on so many have been asking about her lamp. Then posts links to the lamp and more droning on about. It's pathetic and transparent.

Xena693

It's funny how this thread has seen the most activity it has in ages. It goes to show that Ruth's website has become extremely stale and how she is the least offensive of all the influencers
Moving house is the most interesting thing Ruth’s done in years

• Haha

Xena693

I always got the feeling that she was never really comfortable with the extension- as if she was expecting it to completely change how she felt about the house, but then couldn’t really be bothered with it. They didn’t seem to really make it into a useable room once it was finished other than just putting a couple of chairs in there.

Wasn’t it only a couple of months ago she couldn’t decide what colour pink to paint the laundry room? I definitely live a very different life and couldn’t switch tracks so quickly from redecorating to moving!
Nor me but then Ruth strikes me as one of those eternally restless people, constantly in pursuit of something that doesn’t exist

BridgetJones

Can’t believe she moved house again.

it’s like she is playing the Sims in real life. As soon as you finished the house you get other ideas and start again...

• Haha
  • Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
She was one of the first youtubers i followed, way back in day pre kids and she just had Dexter and Mr Bear. I really enjoyed her but something changed when the children came along, only natural I guess.
Anyway the constant moving house made her less relatable for me, I really don't think she enjoys making content anymore but continues for the considerable perks it brings.

Schnitzel

Right, so on stories today RC got a 'press discount' for an item, whatever that means. According to Ruth that doesn't make it an ad, even though she would be unlikely to feature the product if she hadn't got a press discount, and the item was most probably sent to her in exchange for exposure. Still not an ad though, eh? As far as I know, the rules for declaring adverts do not include this wank about 'press discounts'. An advert is an advert, stop trying to get round the bloody advertising rules.

Attachments

• Angry

Influenzapandemic

D79FE3D5-397B-4A03-9B1A-D9917D279555.png

Ok so where is the email to the people who have got the kits to tell them the shipping date is delayed. This is why the set up will not ever work.

You are relying on people being followers not the general public purchasing off a site, imagine asos doing this. Oh you can’t because they are a legitimate retail business.

• Wow