Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
Not that seeing her post code makes any difference , when she moved we were virtually driving around the village looking for the 70’s chalet style new Gaff.

Non stalker -ish of course, it’s all about the house 😉.
Without that partial post code the first time we wouldn't have embarked on our lovely sunday drives 😂 Happy we finally found it!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I also wonder if she felt like she’d shared a bit much in terms of personal info and the location of that house, everything was very public ... pretty extreme reason to move house but just a theory! Oh and the fact it will have cost £££ to heat.

I’m sure she’ll still want to broadcast any renovations in this new house so she can get free stuff though 🙄
Yes, I wondered if she's suddenly woken up to the fact that she's shared way too much and people can easily (and legally) pinpoint where she lives. She's an idiot.

I’ve said this about other family vloggers but I bet there will be a huge number of lawsuits in the future with children suing their parents about this
Yeah it’s definitely a shame as I used to really like Ruth’s vlogs (not that I actively dislike her now particularly) but can’t agree with the amount of personal info she posts in relation to her children. It’s scary how easy someone could find out their location, routine, etc, how can this not be worrying? And imagine being in your early teens and your potty training videos are on the Internet 😳

Anyway I’ll be quiet on that now, it’s nothing that hasn’t been said before! On a separate note, I’ve previously mentioned that Ruth is another one of those influencers that always moans about how constantly busy they are but I’ve just come off the Zoella thread and god she makes Ruth seem much less lazy 🤣

• Haha

BelleFiFi

Thanks to all the sleuthing here I have found it. I am totally shocked that they moved from the Georgian pile to this. I like mid century but there is no comparison. Absolutely nothing special about the view either based on her pic today.
I completely agree.

If it’s the house that people have described - the one between Trevor the property developer’s and the popular Wheat pub/restaurant - it’s a horrible downgrade.

It looks like the house that Kath (from Kath and Kim) lives in. 😂

The village is apparently popular with second-home owners. I expect they’ll renovate and extend it (as is Ruth’s compulsion) and then sell it for a killing to a Londoner.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Yet I see she took the time to make sure all the items were individually listed in the description box with affiliate links. So thoughtful.

Also how can the Me+Em trousers she wears all time be a “PR sample”? Do influencers just love coming up with confusing terms for “free shit”?

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
It's fascinating how she keeps renovating and then selling afterwards. Why bother going to all that effort?

I wonder is she bored
I think she's the type of person who always needs a new project. Once something is finished, she can't just enjoy it, she has to move straight onto the next. At least that's how it seems to me. I think she's said they're staying put in this place, though. In any case, she has her holiday rental to distract her now!

pinkypurr

Chatty Member
the whole channel name winds me up. why is a model recommends any better than the lady at the no 7 counter recommends. its so superior.
I have very beautiful friends who are not models who are older than her and IMHO look better.

• Heart
  • Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Value is more than 1.5M. Such a shame to ruin a historic building with that extension? Oh to be loaded
For such a high price I don't think it's that nice, only meters away from the road, the house is quite near other houses, not that much land and near industrial units. They really overpaid for it. I expect if she realised how cold and yet still expensive to heat it would be in the winter she wouldn't have bought it :LOL: (I'm guessing they have to get oil delivered too?)

I can't see any totally finished photos from the extension, it didn't fit in at all from what she shared of it nearly finished. You can do modern extensions and get it right, but her's looked like a glass box tacked on.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I’m in no position to talk but is that the view to die for? Nothing wrong with it but when she said the view of dreams that isn’t what I pictured!

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I don't think Ruth cares all that much about clothes (probably all those years of being a clothes horse; she has no interest now) She usually lives in that oversize cardigan and leggings.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
We used to live in a Victorian house with old Sash windows , in a conservation area where PVC windows weren’t allowed and we couldn’t afford the expense of new wooden sash.

We stayed there for 18 months , our children were all under 5 and I’ve never lived in such a cold house , our heating bills were enormous.

I’m very keen to see Ruth’s new house , I like her style . Just to add I loved her glass extension on the Somerset house but the thought of keeping that glass clean 😂😂😂 , it would have finished me off.

• Haha

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Looking at the HB article, there's bits of her furniture/decor which are mid century modern (ercol, rattan chair etc), I'm guessing as they've lived in that design of house before, the move was decided due to the combination of location, view and type of property. Totally get that MCM doesn't appeal to everyone though, and there are not that many true MCM properties in the UK, and even less with a view and rural setting, I know many would disagree but I think the new house is a bit of a gem. Armchair sleuthing is always fun ;)
Having grown up in a house which resembled the new house surrounded by Georgian piles, I’ll take the Georgian pile anyday! It really was a thing of beauty.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Her husband is apparently super secretive and doesn't want to be displayed anywhere on her social channels. I find it hard to believe that he doesn't mind his kids being plastered all over social media?

Please delete if not allowed, but I think this is the brochure

On looking on street view (really should be working 😂) theres the very distinctive statue in the garden
I think that’s the old brochure from when they bought the house (sad how I know that!) - wonder what they sold it for this time?

I can’t believe she’s moved again...! I get the impression she’s never that happy and a bit restless 🤔

BigMavis

VIP Member
My thoughts exactly. They can’t stay put more than five minutes before they’re on the move again. Never put down roots or make friends anywhere. I find it a bit sad really.
Can't be too far away she said they are keeping the same nursery but the move would require a school change. Its quite odd, I like Ruth, she's not as annoying as most influencers, just stale and dull in my opinion but this constant moving has me puzzled. That house was the last word, probably a bitch to heat and run. Maybe she just really enjoys decorating and renos, at least she's self aware enough to know what peoples response will be.