Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
That's awful, I hope people are calling her out on it! How can she be so utterly tone deaf!?

Just been to her Instagram stories to have a look - why couldn't she have asked the company to gift the food box to someone in need and just agree to show photos of it to get the story out there? Used to like Ruth but with every year that passes she's become more and more smug and less and less likeable.
I always think this, it’s not like she needs the food is it... :rolleyes:

Also agree on the smugness! Such a contrast for how she was a few years ago. For me It all comes down to the fact that ads/gifts now have to be disclosed and you notice just how much she gets for free, it’s actually everything and quite hard to take the ‘model recommends’ brand seriously. I used to be such a big fan of hers but now I’m not sure why I even follow her!

Oh and RC is another one who constantly tells us how busy she is all the time... she’s got a nanny and a cleaner ffs :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Yel

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if the Night Feed app is still going?
It's had less than 250 downloads on Android otherwise it would say 250+ downloads. Despite all the free promo from influencers that would have cost real companies tens of thousands. I doubt it's made back even the low amount to develop such a basic app.

Screenshot_2020-09-04-18-18-30-533_com.android.vending.jpg

• Wow

libelle80

I thought it was hysterical 😂😂 she’s not prude that’s for sure 🙈
Agreed! Haven’t even been interested to watch bridgerton until now. 😁

and yes she mentioned she’d share renovation content on both the new house and the holiday cottage. Can’t wait! I live in a rental apartment so I live my “dream home” dreams through other people’s accounts and I prefer Ruth’s interior style over many others

• Heart

rosemarina

VIP Member
I visited her site for the first time in ages a couple of days ago. It's so boring. I do like that she still writes blog posts (not enough people do in my opinion), but I couldn't give a fuck about hearing about her children, sorry.

emm

VIP Member
Things must be desperate as she’s advertising Ferrero Rocher chocolates on Instagram today.
A model advertising a(cheap) chocolate is not at all on brand, it’s ridiculous how most influencers will just shill whatever

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
That Balsam Hill fake Xmas tree she’s gone for on stories is almost £1200 😲. Fuck me

(assuming she’s gone for the 9ft as she said she’d chosen 9ft in the other styles).
She went for the 10ft I think! I like mid century stuff but her sitting room reminds me of when you go to view a house & the owner has died/is in a nursing home.

• Haha

IndigoViolet

I just think she’s a bit lost with regards to her content now. Originally she was a working model with jobs/trips and interesting beauty stuff. Now she’s a mum but not fully embraced the mummy f/blogger role. Although I was surprised to see her doing an ad for something mundane like cat food (Or was it washing powder?) recently. I did think “how the mighty have fallen.”
She also tries too hard to be funny and quirky. It’s irritating!
At least she is trying with her content- I saw she was doing some chats with other social media types about moving to the country- more so than Lily Pebbles who just whinges.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I can't believe she got her husband to move the washing machine outside for some lame advert. They are seriously heavy and awkward to shift! Makes you wonder how much these ads pay - but still not enough to risk putting your back out.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
The downside of sharing your life on social media is that everyone has an opinion on it and isn’t shy about giving it, however polite one chooses to be.

I think she will share any renovations; she’s a nice person but she’s not above chasing a freebie when it suits.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Not that seeing her post code makes any difference , when she moved we were virtually driving around the village looking for the 70’s chalet style new Gaff.

Non stalker -ish of course, it’s all about the house 😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

PoleStar

Chatty Member
especially at the moment, I wouldn't want to be going to house viewings, dealing with removal people etc. you never know if the people who lived in the house before were infected etc etc (I am paranoid, but a house move, when you don't really have to, doesn't seem essential IMO)
Totally, I thought the same - of all the times to move house (again!!) the midst of a global pandemic is not it! I have to say that I did wonder if they've downsized, they're both self-employed in non-essential occupations and the pandemic must have had quite a financial impact on a celebrity photographer and a fashion and beauty blogger. Might be totally wrong but it did occur to me.

Author123

Chatty Member
I’m back with house watch based purely on her video about hoovers! The room she’s in doesn’t look like any of the properties previously mentioned in this thread from property sites.

Admittedly I only watched the video to see if a nose around her new house was on the cards.

Xena693

I can't believe Ruth has moved again. I adore the Georgian house (Georgian houses are my dream homes).

I agree with some of the comments, I think Ruth liked the idea of being lady of the Manor but the reality was different, running costs, it was a listed building so you need permission to change things.

I wonder if she is looking to fill a gap in her life with the constant moving and renovation of houses. It was weird she was pregnant and living all over the place whilst the old house was being renovated and they barely moved back in before they moved.

Bizarre.
I still think there must have been more to her moving out of London than she lets on. It doesn’t stack up that someone would renovate a house to a highly personal spec and then just sell up and move out on a whim.

martaS

VIP Member
And I know this sounds bitchy, I swear it's not meant to be, but she is more of a personality/ influencer than a model now so the name change makes sense from that point of view
You do make a good point.

Also, "A Retired Model Recommends" is a bit of a mouthful (hee hee)

• Haha

Ellie2008

Why would the target market pay £3.99 when they can go to Mumsnet for free

Noticed a post on her site about her son's potty training and how potty training her daughter was a breeze in comparison. Crazy

Another thought. Imagine being wealthy with a successful celebrity photographer husband and a modelling career, earning money on affiliate links, never having to buy beauty products and being sent clothes & household things as well as lucrative sponsored deals and deciding that's not enough. Trying to cash in on the digital era by creating a chargeable and mostly redundant app & using your children's private moments and photos as content. The greed of influencers is staggering and knows no bounds. Capitalism at its worst
Maybe they have a msssive mortgage, who knows? As I dread another Monday morning, I’d love to be able to arse around her mansion & dabble in writing posts etc. when I feel like it.