Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

under the ivy

VIP Member
Please delete if not allowed, but I think this is the brochure

On looking on street view (really should be working 😂) theres the very distinctive statue in the garden

Reactions: 6

Justlooking19

Her husband is a celebrity photographer, (Richard Grassie) and he, quite wisely refuses to be on her channels because I think he knows it would ruin his reputation within his industry . She created this air of mystery around him, but he shot the campaign for her dry shampoo (which isn’t all that) and she put a video of the shoot day on her YouTube and he’s there for everyone to see. She posts ads every single day, she has become a complete sell out.
The dry shampoo is rubbish in my opinion

BigMavis

VIP Member
Yes shes definitely there a lot. The last live was in that room with the wardrobes. Shes coining it off the freaks I'm afraid Lyra, absolutely coining it. But why she's keeping it such a secret is the big question.

Influenzapandemic

You see this is my confusion the building at this angle makes it look like it was facing the outbuilding because the wall to the original house is the back wall to the extension.

62F876D0-23BD-4BB3-9E9E-04A842C32393.jpeg

I personally wouldn’t mind this view when I was doing the washing up! I love modern architecture paired with older buildings though but I do get why people don’t.
3B66F72D-593A-4D18-8131-B65D2BF69A9F.jpeg

• Heart

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
It is her pool, she’s mentioned not being too bothered about it before and I could have killed her! 😂 Been so desperate for a swim over seven months of lockdown, I would have jumped in that pool in February.

• Haha
  • Heart

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Ruth is advertising a 'press sample' food box from a local hotel in her IG stories today. This seems really crass when she can well afford to pay for the food, and considering the difficulty so many people have had getting hold of food during this quarantine. Shame on the hotel for sending out free food, and shame on RC for accepting it. She is so incredibly privileged. It is in such poor taste for her to accept this press sample. It's on stories so it will disappear, but I am really rethinking following her account.
That's awful, I hope people are calling her out on it! How can she be so utterly tone deaf!?

Just been to her Instagram stories to have a look - why couldn't she have asked the company to gift the food box to someone in need and just agree to show photos of it to get the story out there? Used to like Ruth but with every year that passes she's become more and more smug and less and less likeable.

Last edited:
  • Angry

snarksnark

Chatty Member
Moving house is the most interesting thing Ruth’s done in years
Yes, I can't actually remember why I unfollowed her as I actually really like her as a person. I think her feed just really bored me, and she did go on a bit.

• Haha

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I've never understood that about her. She takes on far too much with the remodeling. Now there's the new house and a seaside cottage. Her houses never look quite like a home, or comfortable.
Some people just love it though, the renovation life. I’ve done it a few times and quite enjoy it, you get to design and execute exactly what you want rather than live in someone else’s ideal. Obviously it’s a dusty pain the arse in the interim and not ideal with small children. It can be lucrative if you decide to sell on afterwards but most of the time it isn’t unless you’ve gone into it knowing you’ll be moving on because if you do it with the view to staying, you tend to overspend on fixtures and fittings. If they aren’t doing it as a development/climb the ladder thing people sell their fully renovated family homes because they get itchy feet again, they can’t afford to run them once they’ve done them up (classic Grand Designs-itis) or they have to move for work or schooling reasons. They generally lose money or break even on them once the money spent on them and the normal market forces have been taken into account (yes the house has gone up in value but it would’ve done anyway and the % gained isn’t enough to cover the reno costs).

• Heart

Lilas

Interesting that Ruth said there was a big demand for that type of house during lockdown and it was a good time to sell - but then she sold it to Caroline in what I think was a private sale? Don't think the house was ever listed on property sites etc was it? You'd think if demand was high and it was a good time to sell, then she'd want to encourage multiple bids to get the best price possible. Maybe Caroline made her an offer she couldn't refuse. She did say she only saw herself staying in that house for another 5 years anyway, as the location wasn't ideal, which makes you wonder why she bought it in the first place!

I've never understood that about her. She takes on far too much with the remodeling. Now there's the new house and a seaside cottage. Her houses never look quite like a home, or comfortable.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Morning , I had a moment last night where I couldn’t remember where Ruth had said about her free hair, it’s on her AMR blog, here are her words : The website for the Josh Wood Atelier is here – the team there very kindly maintain my hair cut and colour for free and I will be eternally grateful. They are all very good eggs.

• Angry
  • Sick

PoleStar

Chatty Member
😳 if that isn’t a wake up call I’m not sure what is...?!
I'd be terrified quite frankly. She is inadvertently opening herself up to stalkers and God knows what/who else. If someone really wants to, it's pretty easy to find out where someone lives through perfectly legal channels when they give away as much information as Ruth does. I wonder if she ever stops to think about that? If she's not concerned then she should be, this world is full of weirdos and she's leading them straight to her front door and her childrens' home. I truly wonder why her husband doesn't put his foot down - too lucrative maybe. Personally, as I've said before, I think there need to be laws to protect children from having their lives plastered over social media, especially when the idiot parents are clueless about protecting where they live.

happyforest

Chatty Member
I'm so surprised by this move. Followed her for ages, and have always quite liked how irreverent she is. Showed my husband and he thinks the new place is in a much nicer spot. I feel the Georgian house was "the dream". It's such a drastic change. Their new garden looks minuscule. So the kids have to play in the front garden, which doesn't exactly look safe or that private/secure? On the one hand being steps away from the pub/shop is great, but wouldn't that imply there will be a lot of traffic?

I don't know, it doesn't feel like this decision was made based solely on a view. Either the Georgian house became too expensive to maintain, or too cold, or something is up. If it was for financial reasons, it would be a nice thing to acknowledge particularly right now with everything going on in the world. That's a pool, right? Maybe they just wanted a pool?

I notice they were in Harper's Bazaar recently. I guess the adage is holding true that when people show their houses in spreads like that, or AD, it's because they're looking to sell.

Bazaar's link:

I think she'd be a fool not to film and monetize the reno. It's interesting content, far more than what she usually puts out.

I'm always pining for the options people have in the UK and Europe. In the US we have nothing as far as truly ancient rustic housing, with beams, stone and history. To purposely choose a "ski lodge" style feels very weird to me. But then I didn't care for her other previous house at all. At least the fireplace she's shown looks nice and rustic.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Its hard to tell if Avas stories are current but she certainly looks at home and with Caroline filming the live from the property yesterday it does look like they've "moved" How odd they she hasn't mentioned it, she was becoming a little strange about filming at home recently.

emm

VIP Member
Why would the target market pay £3.99 when they can go to Mumsnet for free

Noticed a post on her site about her son's potty training and how potty training her daughter was a breeze in comparison. Crazy

Another thought. Imagine being wealthy with a successful celebrity photographer husband and a modelling career, earning money on affiliate links, never having to buy beauty products and being sent clothes & household things as well as lucrative sponsored deals and deciding that's not enough. Trying to cash in on the digital era by creating a chargeable and mostly redundant app & using your children's private moments and photos as content. The greed of influencers is staggering and knows no bounds. Capitalism at its worst
she will be one of the most interesting to watxh when her children finally realise what she is doing imo

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I remember her getting the carpets, she name dropped the company and said they'd used her home for promotional shots in a brochure or something, so probably gifted. The carpets were exquisite and I'm not a fan of carpet.
I'm pretty sure most of the furniture was acquired the same way. None of these influencers pay for anything and at the very least get huge discounts.
I'd say the extension was super pricey because of the size of glass used but again probably heavily discounted for a plug.
She really loves mid century modern, I think it worked in the last property, quite edgy but I can't imagine buying a mid century modern property and kitting it out in the same style, it'll be like living in a set from Mad Men.
Brinton carpets iirc without checking her IG. I looked at them when we were looking at new carpet . As you say, really really beautiful but ££££ per square metre ( £80 I think).

I don’t think she mentioned who fitted the glass because it was about a 4 month wait to get it in and she was getting very very irate, correct me if I’m wrong .