Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought he had loads of women traipsing after him to his dressing room anyway and all very willing participants. He seemed to have his pick of women of all backgrounds and ages, would he bother with rape? Surely if he was a rapist he would have pounced on you back in his dressing room straightaway?
"lack of options" isn't generally why people (men) rape, it is about power and control, this sounds like a bizarre defence a lawyer might make to explain why his good looking client couldn't be guilty

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I haven't seen him in TV for about six years he had his own shows and used to appear on a lot of quizzes. He seems to draw large crowds to his gigs and he has his cult following on YouTube. Maybe the TV work has dried up because of the assault allegations? And like you say his massive ego would not let him turn TV work down.
he was in the last Branagh Poirot film. Substantial role.

Reactions: 2
I think I have posted on this thread before, but I have met Russell on numerous occasions in his womanising days. The first time I met him, he invited me back to his dressing room and I said fine, but I don’t think I want to have sex with you. He didn’t push or try to convince me in any way. He was totally respectful. We actually sat and ate strawberries.

The second time I did do the deed. (Before you ask, It was “average”) But again, he was not forceful about it at all.

If lots of people came forward and said differently then of course, I would take that seriously. But, I just wanted to tell my tale because I had a very positive experience of how he treated me.

this was all in 2006/07 by the way.
I too, had a similar experience with him. I worked with him on a couple of TV projects. Yes there was no doubt he liked the ladies and he was a MASSIVE flirt. I also slept with him but it was completely consensual and in no way was I co-erced.
I can't dispute another person's experience and I don't want to invalidate what they might have been through. But in my experience in working alongside Russell, he was one of the politest, well mannered people I have worked with. I didnt see or hear of any reports whilst working with him that his behaviour, sexually was untoward. Not unlike another presenter or two I could mention but won't.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Russell’s BB Big Mouth was part of my sexual awakening in the early 00’s and I’ve had a soft spot for him ever since, but this whole guru persona he’s going for is really starting to creep me out. He seems to be attracting a cult like following, and while I’m sure it could be totally harmless, it does seem very “drink the kool-aid” at times.

I know women who met him a very long time ago now, who said he was a charming flirt but they felt in no way threatened or unsafe - one slept with him, the other didn’t. Obviously two peoples experience isn’t everyones and that isn’t meant to invalidate anyone else who may have had an unsafe experience.

Reactions: 5
I always wonder about his relationship with Katy Perry.
Katey (I like me an english man) Perry said after their first meeting “My scene called for me to make out with him. And on the way down the stairs after the scene, I was hopping like a bunny. I hop like a bunny when I'm happy — I get a bit childlike.” 🤷‍♀️ 🐇🐰

• Haha
Reactions: 1
His wife spent 2 days at a five star hotel with her hippy dippy mates in a retreat costing nrsly £500. The comments started well but things went downhill with people pointing out the cost of living crisis and how rich kids live in a bubble. She had deleted all the comments. You would think she had a little bit of sensitivity and common sense but then again look who she married.

Reactions: 1
I was at a wedding last year at an estate in Yorkshire, and the staff said Russell had stayed there a few weeks previous. It was a beautiful country estate / farm with a lovely restaurant and courtyard for drinks/food etc. Lovely place.

Apparently Russell let his giant dog Bear maraud around the place, no lead at all, and the dog isn't very well behaved. He did the usual 'he's just saying hello' lines, when the dog was jumping up at diners and guests, and only grabbed it once it had knocked a load of tables over and ruined a lot of peoples meals. No apology at all, apparently.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I was at a wedding last year at an estate in Yorkshire, and the staff said Russell had stayed there a few weeks previous. It was a beautiful country estate / farm with a lovely restaurant and courtyard for drinks/food etc. Lovely place.

Apparently Russell let his giant dog Bear maraud around the place, no lead at all, and the dog isn't very well behaved. He did the usual 'he's just saying hello' lines, when the dog was jumping up at diners and guests, and only grabbed it once it had knocked a load of tables over and ruined a lot of peoples meals. No apology at all, apparently.
OMG what entitled and appalling behaviour. His wife is just as much of a Pratt as he is.

Reactions: 2
RB's tour starts on monday.

Lucky ticket holders can enjoy his take on politics, socioeconomics, and watch him meditate.

I would go but, unlike russel, I will be washing my hair that night.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Lucky ticket holders can enjoy his take on politics, socioeconomics, and watch him meditate.

Oh, tit ... my shed needs a new coat of creosote. Damn .... I think I'll have to pass too. :(

• Haha

I was one of the fools who was going to pay the extra money for a meet and greet, before covid. Everything was cancelled and I had a refund, and now you couldn’t pay me to go. I learned.

Reactions: 5
People paid a fortune for a community event he organised in Hay on Wye featuring medidation, his bullsh*t and that Wim Hoff bloke. The day seemed to revolve around listening to Brand's rants, yoga and people sitting in baths of icy water, and they paid a lot of money for it.

• Wow
  • Haha

Christ, I feel nauseous. He really does think he's the new Messiah. But hey folks, if you missed the event, you can pay £6.99 for a feature length "experience" of it that's being put together.

What a bleep.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've always hated this prick. If we had mega churches in the UK you know this bleep would be running one.
'come in sinners. Leave all your money in the buckets near the door. You don't need that. I'll make sure it goes to good use.'

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've always hated this prick. If we had mega churches in the UK you know this bleep would be running one.
'come in sinners. Leave all your money in the buckets near the door. You don't need that. I'll make sure it goes to good use.'
Yes!! I get exactly the same vibe from what he’s “about“ these days, as I do with mega churches.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.