Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An ex of his who he treated rather badly said he really wanted to control people and be some kind of world leader, his attempts at politics failed but he is getting there by reinventing himself as a guru/yogi. Why do so many people fall for this kind of thing?
There have always been a lot of lost, lonely, people looking for someone/something. Quite sad that people like him take advantage, but I'm a bleeding heart ... so maybe they all deserve each other.

Someone mentioned a press embargo ending, what's all that about?

Reactions: 2
There have always been a lot of lost, lonely, people looking for someone/something. Quite sad that people like him take advantage, but I'm a bleeding heart ... so maybe they all deserve each other.

Someone mentioned a press embargo ending, what's all that about?
Well I may of got confused with Coogan or Walliams tbh re press embargo. What an 'orrible trio. All of 'em probably. @PeteM you dont know per chance do you?

The Guardian really have a bee in their bonnet about him lately.

which is weird because as a not-sure-where-i-currently-stand fan who is still subbed to everything he's not been particularly prevalent recently. paid for prelude to a more mainstream comeback perhaps?

I think Russell is exactly where he wants to be right now. He's a raging narcissist addicted to fame and will say anything to get more of it, but also loves being seen as an edgy renegade operating outside the mainstream, despite YouTube being very much a mainstream platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When you look at it, all the Guardian stories are three separate things, an opinion column, a letter, and a news story, so they could have all happened separately, without the Guardian going “right, let’s do lots of Brand stories all at once!”

But yeah, he’ll be loving this. I hope the real truth about him eventually comes out.

Reactions: 7
But yeah, he’ll be loving this. I hope the real truth about him eventually comes out.
He's popped up on my radar recently ... he's my age I think. I was hoping he'd grown-up and settled down with a nice wife and was living a mellow life. He seems to be picking fights with everyone and talking bollocks again. If you ask me he's got a touch of the Jimmy Saville vibe about him. Not that he fiddles with kids or anything like that, but he seems to be a massive narcissist and likes to control people, but because of his limited intellect he has to be crafty and manipulative. The whole 'Russell Brand' persona is pretty troubling to me if I'm honest, just like Saville's was. Eventually the mask will slip I'm sure.

Reactions: 14

Which is strange, as he always used to be the Guardian's favourite revolutionary.

I have always thought he was a raging misogynist with his fake smile and beady psychopath eyes.

Reactions: 9
Which is strange, as he always used to be the Guardian's favourite revolutionary.

I have always thought he was a raging misogynist with his fake smile and beady psychopath eyes.
Worrying that so many people seem to follow him he is the modern day pied Piper.

Reactions: 6
Worrying that so many people seem to follow him he is the modern day pied Piper.
Yeah, I think that's probably an indictment of our under-funded comprehensive education system, under-appreciated teachers, coupled with the rise of social media. Grim indeed that people like Brand can influence others through his brand of toxic charisma. But don't get me started. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
Yeah, I think that's probably an indictment of our under-funded comprehensive education system, under-appreciated teachers, coupled with the rise of social media. Grim indeed that people like Brand can influence others through his brand of toxic charisma. But don't get me started. :rolleyes:
He has just toured the US and he appears to have a lot of followers there too.
---
Apparently someone I knew years ago has moved quite near to where Russell and his family live and that he's seen them in Waitrose a few times . The eldest daughter who's about 6 has a dreadful temper and slaps her mother in public who just tells her to "calm down sweetheart" bet he finds that hilarious.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
My ex partner would regularly watch his channel so i would often (annoyingly) hear it in the background. I could never understand how a seemingly smart man started to believe every bit of rubbish Russel Brand would spew.

I then began to notice how in between his ranting, he would throw in a semi-decent point most people would agree with.
So the more you watch his videos, the more his outlandish viewpoints would probably start to seem less insane.

Russel seems as though he would be familiar with every psychologically manipilative tactic in the book.
Very worriying indeed.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
My ex partner would regularly watch his channel so i would often (annoyingly) hear it in the background. I could never understand how a seemingly smart man started to believe every bit of rubbish Russel Brand would spew.

I then began to notice how in between his ranting, he would throw in a semi-decent point most people would agree with.
So the more you watch his videos, the more his outlandish viewpoints would probably start to seem less insane.

Russel seems as though he would be familiar with every psychologically manipilative tactic in the book.
Very worriying indeed.
You're right

Reactions: 1

Very worriying indeed.
It beggars belief how anyone with half a brain cell is taken in by him. He loves using long words to make points that aren't particularly clever or have any original insight.

Of course, my main issue with him is how for a "truth teller", he's very keen to shut down the truth about him being a serial rapist. He's a total hypocrite.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It beggars belief how anyone with half a brain cell is taken in by him. He loves using long words to make points that aren't particularly clever or have any original insight.
Like a lot of men of his ilk (and there are quite a few in broadcast media) they are (a) incredibly insecure, and (b) very thin-skinned.

Reactions: 5
I was listening to the Radio 4 wellness guru expose thing this morning that focusses on Russell Brand and came here to see if he had a thread. What I heard of his new stuff and his new followers sounded extremely culty. Does he really have upwards of 5m followers?! Agree that he is a raging misogynist with anger issues. He's a hangover of all the worst bits of the mid-late 00s isn't he. I'm really shocked that people are still that interested in him. In the 00s as an impressionable teen I admit I thought he was almost sexy mostly because of his sense of humour, the circles he ran in and and all the fuss he made about being a sex addict, but I think even then most people with the slightest bit of intelligence realised he was a massive faux intellectual.

I think sadly as @Ndrangheta says with issues in secondary and higher education and the internet encouraging the shocking rise in conspiracy thinking it's given his brand of narcissism a new arena to flourish in which is probably a lot more dangerous than his 00s persona

What's with his god complex too 😫 all the associations with Jesus. Surely he's not serious?

As I've said before, using long words doesn't make one intelligent. Wish he'd be exposed for being a serial rapist rather than a wellness guru...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.