Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am done with his YT stuff, as of about 3 years ago really.. too much conspiracy level stuff but I did laugh a lot at his podcasts because his friends like Matt who have known him a long time mocking him relentlessly brought him down to earth always

I have sympathy for him long term cause that first TV series (where he was a clean shaven early 20s fella) was pure evil, his friends and docs have said the producers knew what he was on and got him hanging with real nazis, performing sex acts on men despite not being gay and just humiliating himself

I've also seen him consulting with Dr David Nutt and much of his behaviour, way of speaking (speed etc) was explained by genetic problems with dopamine.

I think he has a good heart but will probably go the rest of his life going on and off the rails and for the time being, im finding him intolerable
So in essence, as far as serial rapists go, he's not so bad?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry - asked a question then realised I can’t be bothered to find out the answer.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So in essence, as far as serial rapists go, he's not so bad?
Hi Pete, pleasure to make your acquaintance - I didn't mean to dovetail with your angle there at all, I leave it to stand on its own as so far I've just seen it as a verbal claim and not seen corroboration, fair play to you, I don't know, what you know, so you may be correct.
If he is indeed a predator, throw away the key ! but from my perspective here where I've seen his various shows, listened to his podcast and seen him chat with a variety of doctors about drugs and atypical neurochemistry I'm saying I have sympathy for his messed up life and attempts to wrangle with his addictions and impulse control.
I just offer the commentary on the early exploitation of the guy as some context in this thread where you are also offering some rumours that could be grounded in real life crimes.

as I said earlier, fair play Pete, if we hear of corroboration of S.A. claims about Brand then we will know who was ahead of the curve here :)

There are mainstream papers who have more than enough information on Brand's many sexual assaults.

There are mainstream papers who have more than enough information on Brand's many sexual assaults.
If this is true, I wish there was a way for it to come out, for the sake of the victims.

I’ve not always agreed with everything you say on this site Pete, but I see how consistent you are with this, and it really does seem like Brand is covering up a lot.
It‘s almost like his reputation as being a sleaze protects him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
If this is true, I wish there was a way for it to come out, for the sake of the victims.
I agree. But such is the might of Brand's lawyers that I don't think he'll ever be exposed.

Worth remembering that all the UK media knew about Savile...

Reactions: 8
I agree. But such is the might of Brand's lawyers that I don't think he'll ever be exposed.

Worth remembering that all the UK media knew about Savile...
What I don’t get is that he seems to have lawyers more powerful than those who are more rich, famous, or influential than him. I’m not doubting you, it’s just… is he really that big of a deal?

Reactions: 3
Quite easy to get stuff shut down if you have powerful enough legal representation. I imagine a lot of his revenue goes towards paying them - something which his YouTube followers and fans who see his live shows might want to consider.

What I don’t get is that he seems to have lawyers more powerful than those who are more rich, famous, or influential than him. I’m not doubting you, it’s just… is he really that big of a deal?
This is also what I am thinking, and he has drifted into obscurity more and more over the years he is never on TV but he has some kind of cult following on YT. He seems pretty settled with his wife and kids as well.

Quite easy to get stuff shut down if you have powerful enough legal representation. I imagine a lot of his revenue goes towards paying them - something which his YouTube followers and fans who see his live shows might want to consider.
He recently bought a very old pub near his home for millions so I don't know if he is spending that much on lawyers. You have mentioned him being a serial rapist several times how come you are so sure?Do you know anyone who was raped by him or have you some kind of insider information?

Do you think I'd be throwing around such a serious accusation without insider info?

Reactions: 7
Do you think I'd be throwing around such a serious accusation without insider info?
You do seem to keep having little digs at people who aren’t as sold on or knowledgeable about his apparent reputation as a serial rapist as you are. I’ve no idea if what you say is true or not but I think it’s reasonable for people to base their opinions on what they personally observe about him rather than taking as gospel the accusations of a random on the internet with “insider info”.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
My response was entirely reasonable. I'm not going to accuse someone of this without some proper info on it. And I'm not expecting people to believe me - they can make up their own minds about that.

Last edited:
My response was entirely reasonable.
No, you’re using what other people say to make sarcastic little digs that support your viewpoint eg “So in essence, as far as serial rapists go, he's not so bad?” which wrong-foots other posters who don’t share (or know about) the accusations you’re making and apparently makes them feel they have to explain themselves, and it’s not fair.

Reactions: 8
It's not my viewpoint.

He IS a serial rapist. I'm hardly going to divulge my sources.

It might be best to just ignore my posts, to be honest.

A little aside (until his poopy woopy hits the fan!)

His first kids book was called 'Russell Brand's Trickster Tales: The Pied Piper of Hamelin.'

And was reviewed thus

"The on-Brand need to be noticed is there on every page, his unwillingness to get out of the way of the story tripping the reader up at every turn" and adding that Chris Riddell's illustrations "give the book a beauty it does not deserve and a coherence the text does not deliver"

"wearingly offensive"

"Were it not for his celebrity, this book in manuscript would surely have been returned to its author by any publisher along perhaps with some kindly advice for seeking out an anger-management course. If they are all as bad as this one, British children’s books will have hit a new low."

Oi, Brand, leave them kids book shelves alone!

I can think of another comedian turned kids author I'd like to see face his own crappy witty too. These men should remember, kids grow up, responsibilities change, for everyone. And as a truly wise man once reminded me 'tit floats'.

26707665._SX318_.jpg
download.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It's not my viewpoint.

He IS a serial rapist. I'm hardly going to divulge my sources.

It might be best to just ignore my posts, to be honest.
absolutely do not divulge sources !

but something about the nature of it, like are we knowing this via his own circle, via some collective of women who have been shushed but know about each other i.e.was this happening to randoms on the street or people he knew.

there would hopefully be something of extra substance beyond the simple words that lawyers hide him being a rapist.

its something very hard to contain if true cause though media have to be careful to avoid defamation, there are ways to put distance in a story and there are ways for non media people to make assertions about him on social media platforms or even use ambiguity about the full nature of the crime but say its multiple women that he meets via X,Y & Z method

Over the years, certain papers have been doing stories on this, talking to some of his victims who end up reliving the whole thing. Then his lawyers shut it down.

Re very hard to contain - two words, Jimmy Savile.

Have a look on Twitter, there have been mentions of Russell there for years about this. And usually from people within the comedy industry. It's not a secret.

The main thing that Russell achieves through his lawyers is shutting down his victims' voices.

Last edited:
Re very hard to contain - two words, Jimmy Savile.
And in the aftermath of Jimmy Savile, multiple rich celebrities have been imprisoned. So why not Brand? They all had access to expensive lawyers. Not saying it's not true btw, just feel like we need some substance to understand what is different about him that he'd get away with it.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.