Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't even know what he thinks he has to say.

He sounds like he swallowed a dictionary, uses a lot of words that normal people don't use in conversations, and comes across as if he is reciting an essay he wrote to get into a posh college.... but what is his point? And why does he wear his bathrobe all the time? Smoke and mirrors.
I read somewhere that he had a team of volunteers working for him and that he was recruiting more volunteers from all ovr the world to manage his YouTube channel. Why would anyone volunteer to work for a millionaire like him? If anyone can afford to pay for staff it's him and his wife who swans around in her designer outfits promoting her rubbish crafts for grown ups book which is a bit immature for 12 year olds let alone adults.

Reactions: 12
He sounds like he swallowed a dictionary, uses a lot of words that normal people don't use in conversations, and comes across as if he is reciting an essay he wrote to get into a posh college....
It's over-compensation. He's not very bright. Tbf to him I heard him on a podcast years back and he admitted it himself. I remember my first year at Uni and I was filling my essays with esoteric words and my tutor told me to knock it off ... just speak/write simply and clearly.

Reactions: 10
It's over-compensation. He's not very bright. Tbf to him I heard him on a podcast years back and he admitted it himself. I remember my first year at Uni and I was filling my essays with esoteric words and my tutor told me to knock it off ... just speak/write simply and clearly.
I can understand that in a young person but he is around his mid forties by now and should have grown out of such verbosity.

Reactions: 3
Let's be fair, he is a bit odd (not to mention a raging misogynist).
Agreed, and I must say I am quite impressed that he has managed to stay married for about 5 years now, his wife must sedate him or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He’s an annoying bleep who waffles and spouts tosh. He must think he’s a master wordsmith. He also looks manky, like he needs to comb his hair and have a wash.

Reactions: 8
He’s an annoying bleep who waffles and spouts tosh. He must think he’s a master wordsmith. He also looks manky, like he needs to comb his hair and have a wash.
Just very very needy, hence all the performance and affect. It's all fake to mask deep insecurities. Be be thankful you have an 'off switch' so you can avoid him.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone here in recovery & if so, have you read his recovery book? The whole thing made me incredibly comfortable. There’s no right/wrong answer as I know people who think it’s a great acquisition/attraction tool but someone monetising the steps like this feels vom to me.

Reactions: 2
Is anyone here in recovery & if so, have you read his recovery book? The whole thing made me incredibly comfortable. There’s no right/wrong answer as I know people who think it’s a great acquisition/attraction tool but someone monetising the steps like this feels vom to me.
Comfortable or uncomfortable?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd expect nothing less from the manipulative fucker.

• Heart
Why is he manipulative / who does he manipulate / why a raging misogynist? I feel like I’ve missed out on a big horrible story about him. What’s he done?

I always used to find him funny long ago before he decided to start dressing like Jesus. I occasionally watch his YouTube soapbox and he’s ok, has an interesting way of seeing things sometimes and he’s serious about his sobriety from what I can see.

Reactions: 7
I watch his videos sometimes on YouTube, and I come away thinking I'm thick for not understanding what he says 😄 with that highfalutin style.

Reactions: 1
Why is he manipulative / who does he manipulate / why a raging misogynist? I feel like I’ve missed out on a big horrible story about him. What’s he done?
He pays his lawyers tit loads of money to shut down well researched exposes by certain papers of him being a serial rapist.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I am done with his YT stuff, as of about 3 years ago really.. too much conspiracy level stuff but I did laugh a lot at his podcasts because his friends like Matt who have known him a long time mocking him relentlessly brought him down to earth always

I have sympathy for him long term cause that first TV series (where he was a clean shaven early 20s fella) was pure evil, his friends and docs have said the producers knew what he was on and got him hanging with real nazis, performing sex acts on men despite not being gay and just humiliating himself

I've also seen him consulting with Dr David Nutt and much of his behaviour, way of speaking (speed etc) was explained by genetic problems with dopamine.

I think he has a good heart but will probably go the rest of his life going on and off the rails and for the time being, im finding him intolerable

Reactions: 7
I have sympathy for him long term cause that first TV series (where he was a clean shaven early 20s fella) was pure evil, his friends and docs have said the producers knew what he was on and got him hanging with real nazis, performing sex acts on men despite not being gay and just humiliating himself
What was that first tv series called? Please and thank you 😇

Reactions: 1
Russell is the same as Dr John Campbell. The YouTube revenue is hard to ignore after a person gets popular. Russell's channel has grown exponentially, as did Dr Campbell's channel during Covid.

Both of them have stepped over the line into conspiracy stuff. YouTube money is a thing, so why change what is working so well? Credit to those who haven't sold their soul for YouTube revenue.

My Ex loves Russell Brand's YouTube stuff, started watching him during lockdown.

This probably says a lot about my Ex, and why we are no longer together.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.