Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that's a very good point I hadn't considered that. Definitely a possibility.
It's like when he told kids not to vote, when I bet he votes ( probably Tory because they'll save him some tax) because he knows that's the best way to get politicians to listen to you.

Reactions: 2
He has posted several videos saying that Trump has a point that there are dangerous chemicals in the Covid vaccine. He is anti the Covid vaccine, he's made quite clear on that.
You obviously haven't seen him agreeing with Trump regarding the dangers of vaccines.
Yes it’s annoying when people are against having the vaccine because it really does seem to me like the only way out of this mess. However I still don’t quite see why it matters that he is personally against taking the vaccine, or has questions about it, or thinks it has dangerous chemicals in it, or that he agrees with Trump on this issue. He’s not responsible for what people do to don’t do, and he’s not telling anyone that they should or shouldn’t get jabbed.

Maybe it’s just that he doesn’t particularly annoy me, and I like and support his emphasis on freedom and his argument that people have to make up their own minds about having a vaccination and should never be coerced into doing so. I say this as someone who is very pro-vaccine.

All that said I can only take so much of him. And I think he’d be incredibly challenging to be in a relationship with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It's like when he told kids not to vote, when I bet he votes ( probably Tory because they'll save him some tax) because he knows that's the best way to get politicians to listen to you.
He actually changed his mind just before the election. I bought his book Revolution (I have all his books, I'm an ex obsessive), and he had this whole idea about a non voting revolution. Just before the election he met with Ed Milliband, loved him, and started telling everyone to vote Labour 🤦‍♂️ 😂 making the book a load of old toot that even HE didn't believe in. At that point the shine started to wane a bit. I was glad he got behind Labour but wow is he fickle.

Reactions: 6
He actually changed his mind just before the election. I bought his book Revolution (I have all his books, I'm an ex obsessive), and he had this whole idea about a non voting revolution. Just before the election he met with Ed Milliband, loved him, and started telling everyone to vote Labour 🤦‍♂️ 😂 making the book a load of old toot that even HE didn't believe in. At that point the shine started to wane a bit. I was glad he got behind Labour but wow is he fickle.
but he changed his mind after he had told god knows how many young people not to register to vote and was by then to late to do so. He has 0 principles and will just do anything to get publicity

• Heart
Reactions: 12
but he changed his mind after he had told god knows how many young people not to register to vote and was by then to late to do so. He has 0 principles and will just do anything to get publicity
Yes absolutely, that's my point. To change his mind like a week before the election after spending 3 years and a book banging on about not voting and the Revolution was just bum clenchingly cringe.

Reactions: 4
Yes absolutely, that's my point. To change his mind like a week before the election after spending 3 years and a book banging on about not voting and the Revolution was just bum clenchingly cringe.
what was the book like? I hate his convoluted way of speaking so cannot imagine in written form :ROFLMAO:

It was more than cringe. It was poorly thought out and egotistical. I taught Politics A Level years ago and it was the one thing that needed to be drummed into them. Policies get made to appease voters, who are mostly older. Young people get shafted over and over because policies aren't made for them while pensioners are now the richest demographic in the country. Russell knows this, or he must know this, if he is as clever as he thinks he is.

what was the book like?
His 'booky-wook' you mean? It's a bit of a trademark how he linguistically combines verbosity and intellectualism with infantile or adolescent phrases to adopt a manner he sees as attractively quirky.

• Haha
what was the book like? I hate his convoluted way of speaking so cannot imagine in written form :ROFLMAO:
It's typical Russell really. I enjoy his books, but this one was always a reach. I kept waiting for him to explain HOW this revolution would come about after he hypothetically persuaded the world population not to vote. But he didn't really concern himself with the finer details. 🤦‍♂️

His 'booky-wook' you mean? It's a bit of a trademark how he linguistically combines verbosity and intellectualism with infantile or adolescent phrases to adopt a manner he sees as attractively quirky.
I think they mean the book where he tells folk not to vote; Revolution. . I quite like My Booky Wook, My Booky Wook 2 isn't as good.

It was more than cringe. It was poorly thought out and egotistical. I taught Politics A Level years ago and it was the one thing that needed to be drummed into them. Policies get made to appease voters, who are mostly older. Young people get shafted over and over because policies aren't made for them while pensioners are now the richest demographic in the country. Russell knows this, or he must know this, if he is as clever as he thinks he is.
He wants to be a leader / guru, it didn't work with the politics but he has quite a follwoing nowadays who listen to his spiritual stuff and rate his opinions about vaccines etc.

Reactions: 3
He wants to be a leader / guru, it didn't work with the politics but he has quite a follwoing nowadays who listen to his spiritual stuff and rate his opinions about vaccines etc.
I can imagine him losing it totally and setting up some kind of Qanon political party tbh

I can imagine him losing it totally and setting up some kind of Qanon political party tbh
Sounds like the kind of thing he would do. He's just the 'Self help guru' type who then tells everyone to set themselves on fire because the world's ending.

• Haha
Sounds like the kind of thing he would do. He's just the 'Self help guru' type who then tells everyone to set themselves on fire because the world's ending.
in 30 or so years he will end up in a netflix documentary about the disastrous cult he set up on a remote island somewhere :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
in 30 or so years he will end up in a netflix documentary about the disastrous cult he set up on a remote island somewhere :ROFLMAO:
It would be the kind of cult where naturism and free love would be encouraged. So he would be back to shagging around the universe again while his wife messes about with playdoh and cooks vegan meals.

• Haha
He did quite a good documentary about the BNP youth when he first started out. He could have done okay if he'd carried on that route. But seemed he wanted to try anything and everything. Him trying his hand at acting seemed to be when his career kind of nosedived. But he does seem to have a bit of a cult following - mainly those in the recovery community who see him as some sort of God. Dunno if that's waning now though, but when all else fails stick to youtube it seems

Yes it’s annoying when people are against having the vaccine because it really does seem to me like the only way out of this mess. However I still don’t quite see why it matters that he is personally against taking the vaccine, or has questions about it, or thinks it has dangerous chemicals in it, or that he agrees with Trump on this issue. He’s not responsible for what people do to don’t do, and he’s not telling anyone that they should or shouldn’t get jabbed.

Maybe it’s just that he doesn’t particularly annoy me, and I like and support his emphasis on freedom and his argument that people have to make up their own minds about having a vaccination and should never be coerced into doing so. I say this as someone who is very pro-vaccine.

All that said I can only take so much of him. And I think he’d be incredibly challenging to be in a relationship with.
I'd bet a pretty penny that, much like Trump, Russell is in fact vaccinated and using the anti-vaccine sentiment as a springboard to get a new boost in popularity and ride a wave into...whatever it is he wants to fashion himself into next. I could be wrong of course (about his vaccine status, and I don't particularly care either way, I don't plan on being within 6 feet of him :D)
It's the hipocrisy for me, and the mysogyny, that really turned me off him. And I'm not talking about his former womanising ways (all is fair between consenting adults in my book), but the absolute drivel he spouted about his partner simply being better at childcare and him being more attuned to 'more spiritual endeavours'. That's a hell of a long road to take to say you don't want to deal with diapers.

Reactions: 8
The problem is that much of what Russell got up to in the past wasn't consenting.

It's depressing how many people are sharing his "illuminating" videos that he's doing on his YouTube channel.

You're not exactly a truth teller when you suppress the truth about being a serial rapist by getting your expensive lawyers to step in and shut down any exposes of it in the press.

Reactions: 7
It's depressing how many people are sharing his "illuminating" videos that he's doing on his YouTube channel.

You're not exactly a truth teller when you suppress the truth about being a serial rapist by getting your expensive lawyers to step in and shut down any exposes of it in the press.
Its his wife ,and her like that's annoying me T the moment publishing a rubbish book and making a lot of money by just being associated with him. I can't stand itwhen talentless people make money by being celebs or being linked to them in some way.

I don't even know what he thinks he has to say.

He sounds like he swallowed a dictionary, uses a lot of words that normal people don't use in conversations, and comes across as if he is reciting an essay he wrote to get into a posh college.... but what is his point? And why does he wear his bathrobe all the time? Smoke and mirrors.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.