Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People like Russell have a certain psychopathy, a need to 'act out'. It can be very attractive at first. But that doesn't last long. I 've been around people like this and watching it, watching other people with similar psychopathy, they FEED off each other, then they FEED off the weak-minded, all to bolster one thing: self-confidence, ego. Because I'm such a soft tw@t I feel a bit sorry for them in a way because when nobody wants to listen to them again, or they can't perform, what have they got left? Not much I'm afraid.
Do you know him? Because this is quite the leap to make about someone you know off the telly if not. If you're anyone other than his therapist, in fact.

Reactions: 2
Yeah because Russell Brand has done most of his posts on Tattle on the Jack Monroe thread. He also likes ASMR and secret celeb gossip. Caught me out!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
He's one hell of an intelligent man who has grown from his past duck ups. His ability to pull a good interview out of anyone is insane. His podcast with Jordan Peterson (whom he doesn't agree with on many points) is an amazing listen if you want to hear a debate between actual informed adults.
I can't think of two people I'd rather listen to less than those two.

Surely if there is enough evidence and a lot of women come forward to provide cast iron evidence then no amount of money can stop him being prosecuted, its not as if he is even in the media much nowadays I never see him on TV and his film career has gone down hill to rubbishy films. His Hollywood career came to nothing so its not as if he is some big talent in the entertainment industry any more. Has he some kind of Savillesque influence over important people like politicans and royalty, I would doubt it.
Well there probably wouldn't be any evidence, just he said she said. And rape prosecutions are at a record low. Some men who admitted what they did haven't been prosecuted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Reading this thread with interest. My MIL thinks the sun shines out of Russell's backside, she lives near him and goes to all of his small warm up shows. Apparently he always hangs out at the bar afterwards with his massive dog and is very friendly. He's very popular with the middle aged middle class community around Henley, which I find interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Reading this thread with interest. My MIL thinks the sun shines out of Russell's backside, she lives near him and goes to all of his small warm up shows. Apparently he always hangs out at the bar afterwards with his massive dog and is very friendly. He's very popular with the middle aged middle class community around Henley, which I find interesting.
Must be a lot of gullible simpering types in Henley.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Him and his wife have bought a lovely 15th century pub near Henley. It's currently used a lot for wedding but it wouldn't surprise me if the turn it into s spiritual retreat, yoga, meditation centre with the star turn being him doing his guru waffling. I am surprised that the middle classes in ,Henley have warmed to him so much but then he knows the right thing s to say to people to please them, manipulative but insincere.

Reactions: 6
Him and his wife have bought a lovely 15th century pub near Henley. It's currently used a lot for wedding but it wouldn't surprise me if the turn it into s spiritual retreat, yoga, meditation centre with the star turn being him doing his guru waffling. I am surprised that the middle classes in ,Henley have warmed to him so much but then he knows the right thing s to say to people to please them, manipulative but insincere.
FFS THATS WHERE I GOT MARRIED

• Haha
Reactions: 9
His BOOKY WOOK, was something my mum got in OXFAM, in the mistaken believe l might like it.
It was a memoir of him shagging around the world and awfully written.

I honestly would prefer a "Look In" or "Blue Peter" Annual - available in OXFAM for less than 50p - than his dross.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He’s doing a lot of anti vax videos etc on YouTube now. I liked his book on recovery and when he spoke about things like this. He seemed sincere when he dabbled in British politics and wanted change but he’s seem to have gone full blown international now

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I am surprised that the middle classes in ,Henley have warmed to him so much but then he knows the right thing s to say to people to please them, manipulative but insincere
The middle class in Henley are probably all Russell's age now so they think loving him makes them still cool or young. I agree he knows what to say and who to smarm to to reinvent his ' guru family man image. Is he anti vax?

He’s doing a lot of anti vax videos etc on YouTube now. I liked his book on recovery and when he spoke about things like this. He seemed sincere when he dabbled in British politics and wanted change but he’s seem to have gone full blown international now
One of his exes said that he had always wanted to be some kind of leader and have people following him. It didn't work with the politics but he seems to have cracked it now. And it wouldn't surprise me if this pub will be some kind of spiritual retreat.

The middle class in Henley are probably all Russell's age now so they think loving him makes them still cool or young. I agree he knows what to say and who to smarm to to reinvent his ' guru family man image. Is he anti vax?
Yes I think he is anti vax

Hate Woss and Brand for what they did and I mean Hate ! I am a mum and granny and if anyone did what they did to me I’d want to kill em ggrr !
They will get their Karma I’m sure as they both have daughters and although I’d hate for anyone to say anything derogatory about girls or boys they have both invited tit in by opening the conversation x

Reactions: 3
Yes I think he is anti vax
What exactly have people seen that indicate he is against vaccinations? I would like to see what you’re talking about because I watch him from time to time and have not seen him take that line. My impression was that he is in favour of freedom of choice and expression, believes that everyone should make up their own mind about having a medical procedure. and is very much opposed to mandating vaccines. I get the impression that he is sort of a traditional liberal who really doesn’t like it when governments over-reach. That is not the same as being “anti-vax” although it looks as if we are moving in a direction where being in favour of individual freedom around vaccinations earns you that label (which is rather chilling in my opinion). But I would really like to see any evidence to the contrary!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
What exactly have people seen that indicate he is against vaccinations? I would like to see what you’re talking about because I watch him from time to time and have not seen him take that line. My impression was that he is in favour of freedom of choice and expression, believes that everyone should make up their own mind about having a medical procedure. and is very much opposed to mandating vaccines. I get the impression that he is sort of a traditional liberal who really doesn’t like it when governments over-reach. That is not the same as being “anti-vax” although it looks as if we are moving in a direction where being in favour of individual freedom around vaccinations earns you that label (which is rather chilling in my opinion). But I would really like to see any evidence to the contrary!
He has posted several videos saying that Trump has a point that there are dangerous chemicals in the Covid vaccine. He is anti the Covid vaccine, he's made quite clear on that.

Reactions: 7
He has posted several videos saying that Trump has a point that there are dangerous chemicals in the Covid vaccine. He is anti the Covid vaccine, he's made quite clear on that.
I wonder if he's really anti vax or if it's just another way to tell people how radical he is?

Reactions: 2
You obviously haven't seen him agreeing with Trump regarding the dangers of vaccines.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.