Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole point of doing the 12 Step programme is to change and anyone who pulls themselves out the whole does deserve credit. I’ve just googled it and it says he stopped drinking in 2002. Since then he’s harassed Andrew Sachs and embarrassed him nationally, dumped Katy Perry by text and allegedly left a fellow AA-er stranded in the dark after they turned up late to go to a meeting (that’s all I know of and trust me, I don’t seek him out). But he still acts like he’s the only person who has ever stopped drinking, preaching at everyone else about addiction like he’s Bill Wilson. Progress not perfection but he should keep his own side of the street clean before preaching at others.

I don’t know if he’s raped anyone but he’s a misogynistic creep and I can’t believe he hasn’t been ‘cancelled’ yet

I've always thought that RB hates women. Especially women that won't do as they are told.

Also I remember seeing photos of him turning up at those anti capitalist demos some years ago. He was wearing a stupid beanie hat and had an entourage. So add twit to misogynist.

Reactions: 11
I've always thought that RB hates women. Especially women that won't do as they are told.

Also I remember seeing photos of him turning up at those anti capitalist demos some years ago. He was wearing a stupid beanie hat and had an entourage. So add twit to misogynist.
I think he wants to be some kind of cult leader, one of his exes said he was desperate for this kind of thing. His aspirations to be a politician fell down flat and now he seems to have gone from politics to "spirituality" and he does seem to have quite a lot of followers.

Reactions: 10
I think he wants to be some kind of cult leader, one of his exes said he was desperate for this kind of thing. His aspirations to be a politician fell down flat and now he seems to have gone from politics to "spirituality" and he does seem to have quite a lot of followers.
I had bought a ticket to his show pre-covid and was going to a meet and greet. I am glad it got cancelled and I was refunded. I wouldn’t pay to go now…

Reactions: 4
What made you change your mind about him?
It’s all just too much. The hours every day meditating and the swami guru thing. I liked him when he was funny and interesting. I feel like he was at his peak when he was on “big fat quiz of the year” with Noel as his teammate.

Reactions: 10
I had bought a ticket to his show pre-covid and was going to a meet and greet. I am glad it got cancelled and I was refunded. I wouldn’t pay to go now…
I know someone who did one of those meet and greets and now wheels that photo out every few months as if they’re mates with him 🤣🤣🤣🤣 like as if it’s a picture from a night out together

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Used to love him, in fact seen him live several times and would have again until I saw his latest podcast saying Trump has a point about this, that and the other and spouting anti vaxx crap. Done with him. Gutted, got all his books, spent a bloody fortune idolising him but that did it for me.

Reactions: 8
T ROble
Used to love him, in fact seen him live several times and would have again until I saw his latest podcast saying Trump has a point about this, that and the other and spouting anti vaxx crap. Done with him. Gutted, got all his books, spent a bloody fortune idolising him but that did it for me.
l
HE pontificates as if he is an expert but in reality he has a very shallow and superficial knowledge about a lot of things but no expertise whatsoever. Unfortunately his so called followers digest his pearls of wisdom with gusto. I remember he was on the radio years ago with Matt Morgan, who I thought had a cleverer wit than Brand, and he was bragging that he had thousands of books in his "library" Matt asked him how many of them he had actually read cover to cover and Russell laughed and said very few he dipped into most of them and only read what he found interesting. I think that just about sums him up and I would certainly never take any of his views seriously especially his opinion on medical matters like vaccines.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Regarding the beanie, don't so be mean.

It was probably just because he couldn't find his beret in time.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If he had ever worked in the real world, or in a blue-collar environment, trust me he would have got his head kicked-in everyday. That's why quite a few of these attention-seeking gobshites go into 'comedy' because frankly, they can't do duck all else apart from talk shite and they certainly can't work as a 'team' ... it's all me, me, me. Saddest thing to me is, they get so well paid for being pricks. Still, I believe in Karma. Deep down these people never find peace and happiness because they are just empty inside ... the 'act' is to cover that deep self-loathing and insecurity. Some of the most interesting, intelligent, kindest people have also been the quietest.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Che was so handsome and charismatic
This was the period when he seemed to be drawing heavily on Che with a little dash of Jeremy C.

Now entering his New Age, Spiritual period he appears to have taken on a new persona, blending a mixture of Maharishi Mahesh and Rasputin. Both of whom were really neat guys and, a quick wiki search will inform the casual reader, were selfless in all their endeavours resulting in them being highly regarded in both life and death.

At the beginning of his climb to reach fame he emerged as the human embodiment of The Pick Up Artists' manual. All crazy hair, flamboyant clothes and eyeliner, hiding any shyness and insecurity behind alcohol, narcotics and empty sexual encounters, like he couldn't sit with his own thoughts for half an hour without a distraction.

I have no idea who the real Russell Brand is, and I wonder if he does either. Normally this wouldn't be an issue I'd care about, but he seems to leave a huge trail of destruction in his wake, and damages a lot of vulnerable people. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing imo.

Reactions: 9
I have no idea who the real Russell Brand is, and I wonder if he does either. Normally this wouldn't be an issue I'd care about, but he seems to leave a huge trail of destruction in his wake, and damages a lot of vulnerable people. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing imo.
People like Russell have a certain psychopathy, a need to 'act out'. It can be very attractive at first. But that doesn't last long. I 've been around people like this and watching it, watching other people with similar psychopathy, they FEED off each other, then they FEED off the weak-minded, all to bolster one thing: self-confidence, ego. Because I'm such a soft tw@t I feel a bit sorry for them in a way because when nobody wants to listen to them again, or they can't perform, what have they got left? Not much I'm afraid.

Reactions: 7
People like Russell have a certain psychopathy, a need to 'act out'. It can be very attractive at first. But that doesn't last long. I 've been around people like this and watching it, watching other people with similar psychopathy, they FEED off each other, then they FEED off the weak-minded, all to bolster one thing: self-confidence, ego. Because I'm such a soft tw@t I feel a bit sorry for them in a way because when nobody wants to listen to them again, or they can't perform, what have they got left? Not much I'm afraid.
I used to love him but I can certainly see some traits of his that give me red flags.

Reactions: 7
I’ve been listening to some of his earlier podcasts (under the skin) where he speaks about going to the course or studies at the uni in London. Did he ever address that he left the course ??

I’ve been listening to some of his earlier podcasts (under the skin) where he speaks about going to the course or studies at the uni in London. Did he ever address that he left the course ??
I think it was just another thing he dipped into and got bored with he was probably cheesed off by the more intelligent people in his class as well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.