Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole point of doing the 12 Step programme is to change and anyone who pulls themselves out the whole does deserve credit. I’ve just googled it and it says he stopped drinking in 2002. Since then he’s harassed Andrew Sachs and embarrassed him nationally, dumped Katy Perry by text and allegedly left a fellow AA-er stranded in the dark after they turned up late to go to a meeting (that’s all I know of and trust me, I don’t seek him out). But he still acts like he’s the only person who has ever stopped drinking, preaching at everyone else about addiction like he’s Bill Wilson. Progress not perfection but he should keep his own side of the street clean before preaching at others.

I don’t know if he’s raped anyone but he’s a misogynistic creep and I can’t believe he hasn’t been ‘cancelled’ yet

I was expecting something outrageous. I saw that video before. I've no qualms with it, he's just sharing his opinion, which isn't misogynistic from how I see it. It really does seem more that people who already dislike him because of his past will continue to draw on his past to find merit to keep disliking him, which is done a lot in that article. I mean, god forbid he argue that modern feminism is taking the piss a bit. If I said that to you, as a woman myself, would you listen to my point of view on it or straight away go for "she hates women". As for KP, I've met her and I'd dump her by text too. The woman is nuts.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I was expecting something outrageous. I saw that video before. I've no qualms with it, he's just sharing his opinion, which isn't misogynistic from how I see it. It really does seem more that people who already dislike him because of his past will continue to draw on his past to find merit to keep disliking him, which is done a lot in that article. I mean, god forbid he argue that modern feminism is taking the piss a bit. If I said that to you, as a woman myself, would you listen to my point of view on it or straight away go for "she hates women". As for KP, I've met her and I'd dump her by text too. The woman is nuts.
He chose to marry her nuts or not.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry I must have missed the memo saying it’s not ok to dislike someone, them not to be your cup of tea? This isn’t a rave thread so you shouldn’t really expect to change people’s minds about him imo.

But if your expectation is that people should change their views, you could maybe afford Katy Perry the same courtesy. Maybe you met her whilst she was in an unhappy marriage…rhetorical question, I’m not that bothered

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My OH’s profession means they often work with Teenage Cancer Trust, sometimes invited to high profile events and meeting celebs/the Royals. They’ve met Katy Perry twice: once when she sang at an event and secondly when she made good on a promise to visit low key some kids undergoing treatment. She was glorious. Both times. Nice girl, by all accounts. Okay, maybe she is ‘nuts’ in a relationship but I fail to see how you think it’s okay to say that KP’s mental state/health at the time of her marriage would make it acceptable to find out her marriage was over via SMS message. Or actually, to call anyone ‘nuts.’ I thought we we were all over using pejorative terms to refer to anyone’s mental health. Least alone a stranger.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I recently met a friend of a friend who knows Mr Brand and his wife. He showed me personal messages they’d exchanged including video messages to confirm he wasn’t bullshitting.

Anyway, I asked him what his thoughts were on RB and he said RB was incredibly intense and he felt uncomfortable being in a room with him (and wouldn’t want to be left alone with him for a long time).

Reactions: 9
Even if so, Hot N Cold and Firework are still awesome tracks,
Fair!

My OH’s profession means they often work with Teenage Cancer Trust, sometimes invited to high profile events and meeting celebs/the Royals. They’ve met Katy Perry twice: once when she sang at an event and secondly when she made good on a promise to visit low key some kids undergoing treatment. She was glorious. Both times. Nice girl, by all accounts. Okay, maybe she is ‘nuts’ in a relationship but I fail to see how you think it’s okay to say that KP’s mental state/health at the time of her marriage would make it acceptable to find out her marriage was over via SMS message. Or actually, to call anyone ‘nuts.’ I thought we we were all over using pejorative terms to refer to anyone’s mental health. Least alone a stranger.
I was waiting for that comment on her being "nuts". That's the kind of mentality/oversensitivity that makes people dislike RB. I didn't like her. I met her in Montana when she was with John Mayer (he was friendly with the guy I was seeing) and she had the biggest stick up her arse, not to mention the stories I heard about her. But if your OH liked her that's cool - if I was into women I'd probably be swayed by her too.

I recently met a friend of a friend who knows Mr Brand and his wife. He showed me personal messages they’d exchanged including video messages to confirm he wasn’t bullshitting.

Anyway, I asked him what his thoughts were on RB and he said RB was incredibly intense and he felt uncomfortable being in a room with him (and wouldn’t want to be left alone with him for a long time).
I've no doubt he's intense.

I’m sorry I must have missed the memo saying it’s not ok to dislike someone, them not to be your cup of tea? This isn’t a rave thread so you shouldn’t really expect to change people’s minds about him imo.

But if your expectation is that people should change their views, you could maybe afford Katy Perry the same courtesy. Maybe you met her whilst she was in an unhappy marriage…rhetorical question, I’m not that bothered
I never said it wasn't okay to dislike someone. But let's call a spade a spade in that it's a personal opinion - which is totally fine of course - rather than throw false claims around to back it up.

He chose to marry her nuts or not.
well I mean, have you seen her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
‘Stick up her arse?’ Or, maybe she just didn’t like you.

Why do you presume my OH is attracted to women?

When Russell Brand appeared on 4’s Big Fat Anniversary Quiz over Christmas (I think 2014), he responded to a section about Ed Balls’ use of Twitter by saying: “I shook his hand once. All clicky wrist. He was a snidey bleep.” Completely unsolicited. There was tumble weed in the studio. People don’t like Russell Brand because he’s creepy, narcissistic, charmless, bullying, cruel and unfunny.

Ed Balls’ response to Russell Brand? He called him ‘a pound shop Ben Elton.’ Now that’s funny!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Aw man here we go, I was waiting for that too.

Maybe she didn't. Which is just as okay as the fact that I disliked her.

There's a lot of sensitivity floating around here.
Hi Russell 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Aw man here we go, I was waiting for that too.
Maybe she didn't. Which is just as okay as the fact that I disliked her.

There's a lot of sensitivity floating around here.
You seem to be the one that’s weirdly sensitive with regard to Russell Brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

HiS Wife is dodgy as well sbe doing well as s Ince marrying him, his publisher has launched a book by her full of "creative ideas"children s crafts which are ideas she has copied from the internet not her creativity. She also.used to buy cheap dungarees for about £20 on the net dye them and personalise them and sell.them as her own designs for about £75. She waited.around for him for years while he shagged other women, totally besotted but she got him in the end and she is doing well through his connections.

Reactions: 7
I’m sure I’ve said this earlier in the thread: when he was first reborn, I think he was on Jonathan Ross’s show and I thought, wow! AmZing! Here is an incredibly intelligent guy who’s turned his life around, kicked drugs, is evidently intelligent and fascinating to listen to etc etc

However as time has gone on, and I don’t know him at all - something is off with him and doesn’t make me feel comfortable. Maybe it’s all this faux guru stuff, maybe it was the Andrew Sachs or the Katy Perry or the weird massage therapist/ jemima Khan stuff who knows. All I know is that often where there is smoke.. there is also fire

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m sure I’ve said this earlier in the thread: when he was first reborn, I think he was on Jonathan Ross’s show and I thought, wow! AmZing! Here is an incredibly intelligent guy who’s turned his life around, kicked drugs, is evidently intelligent and fascinating to listen to etc etc

However as time has gone on, and I don’t know him at all - something is off with him and doesn’t make me feel comfortable. Maybe it’s all this faux guru stuff, maybe it was the Andrew Sachs or the Katy Perry or the weird massage therapist/ jemima Khan stuff who knows. All I know is that often where there is smoke.. there is also fire
I completely agree, and I was the same when he turned things around. It’s clear from what I post that I’m in AA and whilst it’s an anonymous programme, I have a lot of respect for people in the spotlight who choose to speak about their experience, strength and hope because it gives others hope too. But I think he 100% believes his own hype and sees himself as a guru, saving the masses with his own brand of recovery - after saying how great AA was 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
What exactly has Katie Perry done to make her so unlikeable or to make people think she has mental health problems?. I certainly don't think she's in the same bracket as Russell Brand, she might be full of herself etc but she doesn't seem creepy and verging on the sinister like Brand.

Reactions: 6
I’ve read some of your posts @LennyBriscoe and whilst I don’t know you think you’re incredibly strong to face your demons daily and continue with your steps to sober living. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve read some of your posts @LennyBriscoe and whilst I don’t know you think you’re incredibly strong to face your demons daily and continue with your steps to sober living. ❤
Thanks Rose, that really means so much! When I first started going to meetings someone said to me “nobody said it would be easy but they promised it would be worth it” and they weren’t wrong ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.