Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's a scum bag piece of tit who when the tide changed re invented himself so as not to be shown for what he is. His antics were no longer acceptable and women all over the world started to speak out against the like of Russell. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
He is pushing the family man/spiritual guru at the moment. I wonder what the next reinvention will be? Will he dump his Mrs once she has brought up his kids and they fly the nest?

Reactions: 3
Who is Jenny May?
She was (is?) his assistant, they met because she was a massive fan and ran a fansite for him.

ETA, she still does his creative stuff:

Reactions: 3
This is news to me. Never realised that Jenny got paid work off the back of the fan site.
I think another fan did some photography work for him too.

He's one hell of an intelligent man who has grown from his past duck ups. His ability to pull a good interview out of anyone is insane. His podcast with Jordan Peterson (whom he doesn't agree with on many points) is an amazing listen if you want to hear a debate between actual informed adults.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
He's one hell of an intelligent man who has grown from his past duck ups. His ability to pull a good interview out of anyone is insane. His podcast with Jordan Peterson (whom he doesn't agree with on many points) is an amazing listen if you want to hear a debate between actual informed adults.
I don’t think anyone would doubt his intelligence tbh. I’d be interested to hear in what way he’s “grown from his past duck ups” - from you I mean, I find him pretty repugnant so I wouldn’t want to listen to him (talking about himself?) or read anything he’d written (making himself out to be a messiah or the person responsible for all the sobriety in the world?) Genuinely interested in your views

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hes

He's s womaniser but he had plenty of willing women/groupies who were up for it. I don't think he raped anyone.
Hmm, I think I agree with you. I don’t like his attitude towards women but I think if he’d raped anyone, they would have come forward by now. I know it’s difficult but to get a conviction etc but surely there would have been a sniff of something or some rumours in the blinds?

Reactions: 1
It's very well known in the comedy industry.

He has the money and legal power to shut down any exposes of it. There have been more than a few...

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Hmm, I think I agree with you. I don’t like his attitude towards women but I think if he’d raped anyone, they would have come forward by now. I know it’s difficult but to get a conviction etc but surely there would have been a sniff of something or some rumours in the blinds?
There definitely have been rumours, plenty of them. I couldn’t comment on how true they are, but they’re out there.

Reactions: 7
Surely if there is enough evidence and a lot of women come forward to provide cast iron evidence then no amount of money can stop him being prosecuted, its not as if he is even in the media much nowadays I never see him on TV and his film career has gone down hill to rubbishy films. His Hollywood career came to nothing so its not as if he is some big talent in the entertainment industry any more. Has he some kind of Savillesque influence over important people like politicans and royalty, I would doubt it.

I don’t think anyone would doubt his intelligence tbh. I’d be interested to hear in what way he’s “grown from his past duck ups” - from you I mean, I find him pretty repugnant so I wouldn’t want to listen to him (talking about himself?) or read anything he’d written (making himself out to be a messiah or the person responsible for all the sobriety in the world?) Genuinely interested in your views
I find his podcast incredibly insightful. He's matured a lot and has a massive degree of self awareness. He's overcome his addictions and is a far cry from the man he was 10 years ago.

Are you Russell?

He's a serial rapist.
I see. Got proof of that? Links? Any tangible information on anyone who's come forward with a claim like that?

Reactions: 4
I find his podcast incredibly insightful. He's matured a lot and has a massive degree of self awareness. He's overcome his addictions and is a far cry from the man he was 10 years ago.
The whole point of doing the 12 Step programme is to change and anyone who pulls themselves out the whole does deserve credit. I’ve just googled it and it says he stopped drinking in 2002. Since then he’s harassed Andrew Sachs and embarrassed him nationally, dumped Katy Perry by text and allegedly left a fellow AA-er stranded in the dark after they turned up late to go to a meeting (that’s all I know of and trust me, I don’t seek him out). But he still acts like he’s the only person who has ever stopped drinking, preaching at everyone else about addiction like he’s Bill Wilson. Progress not perfection but he should keep his own side of the street clean before preaching at others.

I don’t know if he’s raped anyone but he’s a misogynistic creep and I can’t believe he hasn’t been ‘cancelled’ yet

Reactions: 14
But he still acts like he’s the only person who has ever stopped drinking, preaching at everyone else about addiction like he’s Bill Wilson. Progress not perfection but he should keep his own side of the street clean before preaching at others.
I have read a lot of questionable stuff about 12 steps and AA in general, so I'm under the impression that this sort of mindset is probably somewhat common to an extent

I have read a lot of questionable stuff about 12 steps and AA in general, so I'm under the impression that this sort of mindset is probably somewhat common to an extent
I wouldn’t call it common, well certainly not in my experience. Nobody’s perfect and it’s not a cure all but I know how much I changed when I actually did the work on myself. You get out what you put in ultimately

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.