Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve bought his audiobook about recovering from addictions. Seen some mixed reviews on it, some saying it’s awful and some saying it’s changed their lives. I’ll see how it goes!

Reactions: 3
I'd like to see him shave his beard and moustache off, cut his hair short and neatly comb it and wear a smart suit, shirt and tie, just for the sheer novelty value.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'd like to see him shave his beard and moustache off, cut his hair short and neatly comb it and wear a smart suit, shirt and tie, just for the sheer novelty value.
Doesn't go with his vegan spiritual guru image (for now). His wife has been building dens with Ed Stafford I bet they will end up renting them as holiday accommodation to gullible idiots as the ultimate off grid experience whilst foraging for your own food. And I bet some morons would pay to starve and freeze in a hole in the ground for the spiritual experience.

Reactions: 7
I’ve bought his audiobook about recovering from addictions. Seen some mixed reviews on it, some saying it’s awful and some saying it’s changed their lives. I’ll see how it goes!
He always seems interesting and a very educated man to me, but appearances on tv, social media does not show the true people always.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My friend bought this book, and it has really helped her with her battle against alcoholism

Reactions: 1
Andrea McLean is now also going to go into business, charging £300 people per annum to help with mental health. With zero professional qualifications. Seriously, how is this allowed???
It’s so wrong for unqualified people to work in mental health, it’s like a bricklayer performing surgery on you. Also it’s insulting to people like my sister who worked so hard for her professional qualifications. Drives me mad that it’s so unregulated. I know a woman who’s a trauma counsellor working with abused clients, and she has zero qualifications or training. Always look to see they’re part of a professional body and qualified before shelling out £££. Such frauds.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My friend bought this book, and it has really helped her with her battle against alcoholism
I have to say I’m about 1-2 hours in and he is making total sense. So far I think it’s quite good

He always seems interesting and a very educated man to me, but appearances on tv, social media does not show the true people always.
exactly. I would say he probably is educated well on recovery from addictions considering his life and he’s made a career off of it.

I have to say I’m about 1-2 hours in and he is making total sense. So far I think it’s quite good

exactly. I would say he probably is educated well on recovery from addictions considering his life and he’s made a career off of it.
I haven’t read his book but one book that has got many people sober, including him I presume because he has spoken before about being in AA, is the Big Book. I am in AA and if I was famous and had decided to break my own anonymity for awareness or altogether different reasons, I would tell people how I did it as a way of letting them know they could do it too.

The program is what they call “a simple program for complicated people” so I can’t help think he’s got slightly nefarious means for reinventing the wheel. I would be interested in reading it but I don’t want to line his pockets tbh. Just my view.

I haven’t read his book but one book that has got many people sober, including him I presume because he has spoken before about being in AA, is the Big Book. I am in AA and if I was famous and had decided to break my own anonymity for awareness or altogether different reasons, I would tell people how I did it as a way of letting them know they could do it too.

The program is what they call “a simple program for complicated people” so I can’t help think he’s got slightly nefarious means for reinventing the wheel. I would be interested in reading it but I don’t want to line his pockets tbh. Just my view.
According to a colleague he has re written AAs 12 steps in his own style eg "How to unfuck yourself" rather than for example howl to stop your addiction.

I don’t know if this is the case but it’s not a bad thing for the younger generations to have someone more mainstream but also slightly ‘out there’ helping with overcoming addictions, I can’t really think of anyone else doing it... and perhaps to some in 20’s and 30’s, going to AA seems quite daunting and scary. Him presenting it in a different way is shrewd to capitalise on that factor

See if you can borrow copy and let us know what you think.🙂

According to a colleague he has re written AAs 12 steps in his own style eg "How to unfuck yourself" rather than for example howl to stop your addiction.
But that’s pretty much what the Big Book does - the only requirement for membership in AA is the desire to stop drinking. Once you do that, the Steps help you deal with a spiritual malady, deflate ego, address ways you have been wronged you and wrongs you’ve done and - what some may say is the most important bit - carry the message of AA to others. The Big Book has been unchanged for about 70 years so why does he feel the need to do his own version I wonder....

As I say, I haven’t read any of his stuff so I’m maybe doing him a disservice. But if even a fraction of the rumours about him are true then he needs to look at himself and other people recovering do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
But that’s pretty much what the Big Book does - the only requirement for membership in AA is the desire to stop drinking. Once you do that, the Steps help you deal with a spiritual malady, deflate ego, address ways you have been wronged you and wrongs you’ve done and - what some may say is the most important bit - carry the message of AA to others. The Big Book has been unchanged for about 70 years so why does he feel the need to do his own version I wonder....

As I say, I haven’t read any of his stuff so I’m maybe doing him a disservice. But if even a fraction of the rumours about him are true then he needs to look at himself and other people recovering do the same.
Being 70 years old it’s not going to appeal to a younger generation I would think. He’s bringing it into the mainstream in a different way which I bet does appeal to the 20-30 age group

See if you can borrow copy and let us know what you think.🙂
No thanks, I’ll stick to what I know. It’s kept me on the straight and narrow for a number of years. If you wanted to borrow your colleague’s RB book snd give me a synopsis, I would be interested in reading that though.

Reactions: 4

Well he has probably brought his own version out to make money, he does seem to have a following who think his psychobabble is wonderful and it was probably an ego trip as well. If I thought that alcohol was taking over my life I would trust AAs writings rather than his.

No thanks, I’ll stick to what I know. It’s kept me on the straight and narrow for a number of years. If you wanted to borrow your colleague’s RB book snd give me a synopsis, I would be interested in reading that though.
I think a lot of it is about himself and his experiences using swear words.

Reactions: 3
Being 70 years old it’s not going to appeal to a younger generation I would think. He’s bringing it into the mainstream in a different way which I bet does appeal to the 20-30 age group
It’s a book containing the 12 Steps and 12 Principles - they don’t need updated because billions of people apply them to their lives during different times and stay sober. People of all ages - I was 28 when I stopped drinking and there were people younger than me at meetings even then.

Imo he’s putting himself out as some sort of guru and it’s all wrong. As someone who has said before he goes to AA, he would be the perfect person to signpost it. I’m suspicious as to why he doesn’t. Maybe it’s because he’s making money from what he’s doing or maybe it’s more sinister? Who knows but either way, as a person in AA I personally think it’s wrong. Just my view.

Reactions: 10
It’s a book containing the 12 Steps and 12 Principles - they don’t need updated because billions of people apply them to their lives during different times and stay sober. People of all ages - I was 28 when I stopped drinking and there were people younger than me at meetings even then.

Imo he’s putting himself out as some sort of guru and it’s all wrong. As someone who has said before he goes to AA, he would be the perfect person to signpost it. I’m suspicious as to why he doesn’t. Maybe it’s because he’s making money from what he’s doing or maybe it’s more sinister? Who knows but either way, as a person in AA I personally think it’s wrong. Just my view.
Yes he has reinvented himself as a guru and he is making money from it. Next thing him and his wife will be offering expensive vegan retreats to the gullible for the ultimate off grid experience or even a vegan alternative AA retreat.

He's a scum bag piece of tit who when the tide changed re invented himself so as not to be shown for what he is. His antics were no longer acceptable and women all over the world started to speak out against the like of Russell. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.