Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bigger problem is definitely that for all the awesome coaches who do care about the physical and mental wellbeing of their clients as much as their results there are plenty of coaches/coaching groups who only care about being able to say "look what results we get" and even if they're through runners dropping masses of weight and over training they don't care as long as that person doesn't get injured and they can keep using them.

Reactions: 2
I dunno - I'm not defending them when they put her PBs on their insta or whatever, but I do think they are a little bit stuck. If they drop her as a client, that doesn't help her either - she'd just go elsewhere probably to someone (even more) unscrupulous. And they can hardly say anything publicly or to a stranger that is in any way revealing of personal info. I don't know what the best thing for them to do would actually be?
Personally, I believe that the most ethical option would be anything other than what they're currently doing.

There's a difference between supporting a struggling athlete and endorsing the eating disorder of an individual who has been shown to have zero willingness to change, and absolutely no care for anyone other than herself. If they want to keep working with her, they should decrease the volume in her plans until she commits to fuelling properly and if she doesn't like it she can say goodbye.

That wouldn't be the preferential option though. She needs to realise that there are consequences to her actions, and if the physical ones don't come soon enough then it's up to her coaches to make the most ethical choice and stop promoting her toxic influence. What they're doing now is parading her as an example when she is clearly unhealthy physically and selfish/inconsiderate mentally. They should not associate with her in that way. If she goes to someone supposedly worse then that's her choice, but at least then Purdue Performance aren't responsible in any direct way for enabling her disorder.

As it is she will never change. She gets the headpats and publicity of working with them and they keep giving her more and more intense plans, while ignoring the extra she often does on top of an already gruelling regime. It's utterly negligent and they're the prime example of why there's more regulation needed when it comes to online trainers and coaches of all kinds; not just running, but nutrition and bodybuilding or powerlifting prep and comps too.

Reactions: 4
I'm sure you are right. Definitely shouldn't be giving her the headpats etc. I guess the right thing to do would be for them to get an expert in to advise them on what the right approach actually is...

095DFB7B-4204-46E4-B242-884E0D5A24CC.jpeg

Got reminded of this after looking at who someone else was following.
At least after doing Nothing for about two years he got booted from the ASICS happy clapper squad.

State of this beg. I would rather guide my dad into my mum than do any of the things your linktree asks people to do.
Haha. He is one of the biggest begs, reckon he’d shag the gym shark logo if he could. I stopped following ages ago because eyes dull af and constantly shares bullshit motivational crap, especially from that head Jay Alderton or whatever his name is

I've just been looking over YouTube and noticed that drip Amrit popped up as a video after one I watched. I thought I'd give it a go and my word he is the dullest little rat I've ever heard. I'm also pretty annoyed with him because he's on a GoPro recording and talking whilst driving to Battersea Park, which is surely a criminal offence alongside stupidity!! Now it might sound petty but as someone who lost their Mother to an RTC where the lady was on her phone that hit my parents car, this is a massive bug bear of mine!!

tit content, shitter common sense!!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I've just been looking over YouTube and noticed that drip Amrit popped up as a video after one I watched. I thought I'd give it a go and my word he is the dullest little rat I've ever heard. I'm also pretty annoyed with him because he's on a GoPro recording and talking whilst driving to Battersea Park, which is surely a criminal offence alongside stupidity!! Now it might sound petty but as someone who lost their Mother to an RTC where the lady was on her phone that hit my parents car, this is a massive bug bear of mine!!

tit content, shitter common sense!!
I used to follow her before, but I can't stand "his content" now. ANother one that believes he's an elite

I used to follow her before, but I can't stand "his content" now. ANother one that believes he's an elite
He's a fraud. Heard he's an awful coach and someone in my London work office went a couple of times to the Tracksmith run club and said he ignored her and another and was really arrogant. He's an awful bloke

Reactions: 3
. Good for runnerbeans for topping up her nhs mat pay by advertising fanny wash. And offering absolutely essential advice to wash your sweaty leggings after your fanny has sweat in them, particularly if you choose not to wear knick-nacks. 🤦🏼‍♀️ has she no shame?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
. Good for runnerbeans for topping up her nhs mat pay by advertising fanny wash. And offering absolutely essential advice to wash your sweaty leggings after your fanny has sweat in them, particularly if you choose not to wear knick-nacks. 🤦🏼‍♀️ has she no shame?
Dammit, I knew I was forgetting to do something….

• Haha
Reactions: 8
OMG! screen shot please ?

Wash after every use I assume, in this context, means immediately after use? Never mind the cost of living crisis where people are struggling with the cost of using such machines and who cares about the environment?! I forgot, these things don’t apply to the rich.

Reactions: 1
Wash after every use I assume, in this context, means immediately after use? Never mind the cost of living crisis where people are struggling with the cost of using such machines and who cares about the environment?! I forgot, these things don’t apply to the rich.
Indeed - the leggings AND the fanny 😂😂😂😂

thanks for the reminder to clean our beans runnerbeans

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We wash our running clothes after every use, both of us sweat like the proverbials! Might not do a load a day to do it but definitely wouldn't leave my sweaty wet leggings for long. Isn't that normal?!

(I do wear underwear...)

I have a pile of sweaty sports stuff (all my families) by the machine that I wash when there’s enough for a load. I’m a very sweaty exerciser. I also wear pants for running. But I do wash my fanny in the shower after my run - just in case you or runner beans were worried that I left that one sweaty 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.