Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bester if you're reading this, you touched Versus Socks and a group of us have vowed to not buy from them because you've tarnished what was a likeable brand until you touched it you slimy rotter.
Curious about this stand point. I - like a sheep - got some on the cheap deals when they exploded across Instagram sometime last year and regretted it. Thought the socks were horrible, thin and an awful material.

But that is why I won’t buy them again - not because of any influencer getting into them.

Would you now avoid a brand because a certain influencer has been offered and taken their freebies?

Reactions: 1
I got some way before everyone jumped on the bandwagon and they destroyed my feet. Give me my trusty bridgedale or injinji any day.
I don’t boycott a brand if it’s something I’ve been using for a long time and I’d found myself. But often I think twice before jumping to buy something just because it was promoted.
Eg. Brooks, I’ve been wearing them since I started running in the early 00s, they work for me. The happy cult annoy me as they’re so smug about their freebies, but I’ve tried other shoes and they don’t work for me so that’s that.
Say though, everyone and his wife seems to promote pretty athletic or premax at the moment. The skincare and sunscreen I use has a bigger reputation (bigger track record for working) and I’m very funny about these things. So I wouldn’t jump to buy that just because they send runners a bunch of products to promote. Especially as they often promote them out of the box and they’ve not used it long enough to actually have an opinion.

Reactions: 4
It’s a tough one. Salomon is a brand that do good items that last. I have a couple of things that I used in my ultra days. Will I buy from them again now WR are in their sights? Probably.

Same with inov8 and coffeewhoever.

Been running for years, done my research, not going to be influenced by a twit who doesn’t actually know what a hill or a 24 hour race is.

(I haven’t done MdS though so maybe if I did that I would have more knowledge)

Reactions: 3
It’s a tough one. Salomon is a brand that do good items that last. I have a couple of things that I used in my ultra days. Will I buy from them again now WR are in their sights? Probably.

Same with inov8 and coffeewhoever.

Been running for years, done my research, not going to be influenced by a twit who doesn’t actually know what a hill or a 24 hour race is.

(I haven’t done MdS though so maybe if I did that I would have more knowledge)
I love Inov8. I remember the good old days when they just made one shoe! As a British brand I’ve always felt happy to support. I can ignore the coffeeman quite easily in this case. Although their clothing is crazily priced these days - worth waiting for the sales to buy.

Reactions: 2
I think if you actually love running, don’t care what you look like and buy the kit for what it does and how it works then the influencers don’t matter.

I don’t like the s-lab salmon stuff, even though that looks great on Instagram. It feels funny on and for a long run you need it to feel right. It is the same with packs. Ultra direction ones are my go to, even though people rave about other brands. Maybe for the likes of Charlie (missing us yet hun?) who loves all the freebies, she wears the kit because it is free and she gets a good photo then the branding works but for those of us who are paying and the kit needs to do its job day in, day out, we actually have to put the research in.

Reactions: 5
I don’t like the s-lab salmon stuff, even though that looks great on Instagram. It feels funny on and for a long run you need it to feel right. It is the same with packs. Ultra direction ones are my go to, even though people rave about other brands.
UD are amazing. I also have an Inov8 pack (it’s a smaller one, my UD one is bigger for longer days/multi day) that’s pretty excellent, but UD 👌 But I went to a shop and tried vests on, didn’t just jump on what some person told me to use on insta. They’re expensive so why would I just blindly order?

Reactions: 3
People I trust I listen to. Might DM them and ask and clarify if it’s a genuine opinion or paid product. The ones who reply to me that seem genuine and give honest answers then I would respect their opinions in the future. I really like the pretty athletic products to be fair. And found them online. I think it’s ok to have recommendations as long as you ‘trust’ (loose sense of the word) the person or dig a bit deeper.

Reactions: 1
Back in 2018, Funbus was up for the blog awards, and wasn't doing very well. He launched a competition with a brand to be in with a chance of winning a pair of trainers if they voted for him. Complaints were made and think he was withdrawn. Personal blog but prizes for votes.

Didnt pull a gofundme page

Measure of the man and anyone who thinks he does the pacing to genuinely help people is deluded. Its all about the freebie trip for him

Reactions: 11
Back in 2018, Funbus was up for the blog awards, and wasn't doing very well. He launched a competition with a brand to be in with a chance of winning a pair of trainers if they voted for him. Complaints were made and think he was withdrawn. Personal blog but prizes for votes.

Didnt pull a gofundme page

Measure of the man and anyone who thinks he does the pacing to genuinely help people is deluded. Its all about the freebie trip for him
I'm sure that's true but freebie trip.... pacers don't get freebie trips do they!? I've paced before and now I'm feeling severely underappreciated 🤣🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.