Running instagrammers #12 GRWM - it’s just waking up, dressing and eating, not content.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like Sally does most of her runs with Mollie williams who is part of team new balance in Manchester (same as Philly). Maybe they are slightly slower than the group, it does seem interesting mix, Holly is 1500 runner, Izzy Doyle seems to have joined the 'it' group now aswell

Reactions: 1
Gropebus off on another jolly, last week Detroit, this week Venice, at least he brought the wife this time, is there a more self centered tosser in running

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
I don't usually mind her but Sophie Power's recent post about her husband breaking his elbow and ankle has really wound me up the wrong way.
He gets a short ounce of sympathy from her but then paragraphs of ranting about the impact its all going to have on her and oh how difficult life is going to be solely for her and the stress in her life.
She has such a incredibly privileged lifestyle, probably lots of support for kids to run at distance/duration she does, they spend multiple holidays at Club La Santa with wrap around childcare so she can train, even other holidays are in expensive mountain resorts where kids are in activities so they can go off and run. Then there is many other trips, a few recent cycling holidays (probably gifted) where she is away from kids and having own time.
But no, minimal consideration for the husband, just complaining its damaged there well deserved time away (how much holidays does one person need) and how much more support SHE is going to need going forward. Its all me me me, for someone who markets themselves as family orientated it doesnt sit right with me how selfish she comes across at times

Reactions: 6
I didn’t read it like that at all, and I don’t think her frustration is misplaced, having to look after a whole ass adult on top of everything else would be hugely inconvenient for most people…

I don't usually mind her but Sophie Power's recent post about her husband breaking his elbow and ankle has really wound me up the wrong way.
He gets a short ounce of sympathy from her but then paragraphs of ranting about the impact its all going to have on her and oh how difficult life is going to be solely for her and the stress in her life.
She has such a incredibly privileged lifestyle, probably lots of support for kids to run at distance/duration she does, they spend multiple holidays at Club La Santa with wrap around childcare so she can train, even other holidays are in expensive mountain resorts where kids are in activities so they can go off and run. Then there is many other trips, a few recent cycling holidays (probably gifted) where she is away from kids and having own time.
But no, minimal consideration for the husband, just complaining its damaged there well deserved time away (how much holidays does one person need) and how much more support SHE is going to need going forward. Its all me me me, for someone who markets themselves as family orientated it doesnt sit right with me how selfish she comes across at times
same feeling.

I think she's very priviledge and doen't see it (even though she keeps repeating it).
Imaging someone with less support (and money, be honest), and accident like that, and having to take care of him, plus kids, plus work, I'm not sure I would be able to do it without taking off unpaid leave.

Reactions: 2
I read this earlier and totally agree with you!
---
I did a bit of a double take at the photo she posted with it too

The Ibiza trip (LeBlanq) was a cycling package type thing which starts at around £3.5k per person for the cycling part before any flights or optional extras, so from the offset it just screams massively privileged to choose to do that and be away from kids, especially when they seem to spend every school holiday away at some resort where kids are thrown in kids clubs so they can do hobbies.
I guess she tries to market herself as relatable, but given she went Oxbridge, straight into top London graduate role and she opted to run MDS as first marathon even with no experience, shows a complete different world.

Its more the fact how she talked about her concerns were 'How' she would run the World Champs race not an instant thought to put her husband and kids first. Then talking about how she would 'fight' for what is important for her kids, whilst making it sound like the race is her only priority.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Runnermcbee (or whatever) is really spirallying. All those stomach bugs could be warnings from the body, and what does she do? just go back to training with no hesitation.
When you don't eat enough to sustain your life plus training, your immune system gets weaker, but also your digestion gets worse. What a combo

I unfollowed her a little while back as it was uncomfortable but she came up on my like “search” tab algorithm recently, and it is shocking how much weight she has lost so quickly.

• Sad
She pissed me off ever since this post that I just scrolled miles to find. The entitlement of thinking she deserved an instant MRI scan IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PANDEMIC for a pulled muscle. She's just so self important.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Gropebus off on another jolly, last week Detroit, this week Venice, at least he brought the wife this time, is there a more self centered tosser in running
What’s the deal with Gropebus these days? Has he got another job yet following his naughty period?

What’s the deal with Gropebus these days? Has he got another job yet following his naughty period?
look slike it, travelling around the world again nearly every weekend, pacing like nothing ever happened

Runnerbeans and Carla ripping off other reels as per then!

I see Runnerbeans has just got a small back issue and already said she’s dropping out of Valencia marathon. Oh how convenient that is. How very convenient!

Runnerbeans and Carla ripping off other reels as per then!

I see Runnerbeans has just got a small back issue and already said she’s dropping out of Valencia marathon. Oh how convenient that is. How very convenient!
Beans review of Runna Coach is hilarious. I think we discussed this before. I tried it as well and I think it’s too much and probably an injury risk for many. She says she did the 5k improvement plan but then didn’t actually do a 5k. Well back when she admitted she didn’t actually finish the plan. With the marathon plan she says there was way too much speed work and too much intensity. But then concludes it might be useful for beginners (for real??). But the best piece after saying it might be useful for some but it’s not that amazing she goes “wanna try get 2 weeks free with my referral code” 🤣🤣🤣 absolutely priceless.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Beans review of Runna Coach is hilarious. I think we discussed this before. I tried it as well and I think it’s too much and probably an injury risk for many. She says she did the 5k improvement plan but then didn’t actually do a 5k. Well back when she admitted she didn’t actually finish the plan. With the marathon plan she says there was way too much speed work and too much intensity. But then concludes it might be useful for beginners (for real??). But the best piece after saying it might be useful for some but it’s not that amazing she goes “wanna try get 2 weeks free with my referral code” 🤣🤣🤣 absolutely priceless.

I quite like runna but I also rarely do all the runs in it (through work purposes and rota). I do thin that if I did them all every week I would be firing myself right into an injury 🤔 the fact it’s ALL OVER social media drives me nuts though

Reactions: 3
I have (now) a very conservative approach to running and all plans I see are normally too much for any begginer. Running with quality needs a very good base, and begginers lack that.
That malarky Tuesday-track (intervals), Thursday-Tempo, Sunday long run is madness. Those are 3 quality runs per week, you really need to have good genetics to be able to do that without a base (or taking everything like Kellogs and run everything at the same speed +/- seconds). If that Runna is based on that, it's too much.

I don't know who is Ben Felton

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have (now) a very conservative approach to running and all plans I see are normally too much for any begginer. Running with quality needs a very good base, and begginers lack that.
That malarky Tuesday-track (intervals), Thursday-Tempo, Sunday long run is madness. Those are 3 quality runs per week, you really need to have good genetics to be able to do that without a base (or taking everything like Kellogs and run everything at the same speed +/- seconds). If that Runna is based on that, it's too much.

I don't know who is Ben Felton
Thank you! Can you become an influencer please so I can follow you? I always thought I am the only one who cannot tolerate regular speed sessions very well. I am still trying to figure it out. I have been very conservative in half marathon training, almost all runs at easy pace. Only increase distance slowly every two weeks. Still had a niggle flare up. Seeing all these insta muppets with all their intense sessions is so upsetting! If found something more conservative definitely let me know. At the moment I am just making it up 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.