Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all! Long time lurker here. I often see you post about Ruby's private schooling and I was wondering if you would genuinely judge / hold it against someone if they went through private education? For example, if someone acted completely 'normal' (whatever that means) and was aware of their privilege, yet still went to private school, would you hold it against them?
I wouldn’t hold it against them, they can’t help going to that type of school. I’m assuming you’re referring to me saying my friend who went to a private boarding school is ‘normal’.What I meant is you’d have no idea she came from a lot of money and had such a privileged upbringing, she acted like the rest of us, wasn’t stuck up or anything. I met her friend who went to the same school and could not stand her, she was the type who expected everyone to like her and always spoke about her private school experience and life. Complete opposite.

I guess I’m a little jealous because like someone posted above, people who go to private school generally have it better in terms of getting into better schools and having the connections to get good jobs straight out of uni.

Reactions: 3
I don't judge anyone for going to private school. I'm from a relatively "nice and middle class area" my parents didn't send me to private school because they couldn't afford to send all of my siblings including myself.

They always said they would have if they could have afforded it, I would have gone.

I definitely would have liked to have gone to one though. I don't know why, just curious I guess.

My experience of my school was terrible but I know not all schools are like that. I just didn't like my school because they had favourites and didn't really give a tit about anyone else.

I never judge anyone based on their schooling.

As long as they are a good person and have good morals, treat me and others regardless of status, background, race, religion, etc. I don't really care where you've gone to school 😊

Reactions: 8
I went to a co-ed private school which charges similar amounts to the one Ruby went to and I have to say that people like Ruby are not the normal there. It was a grammar school as well (sort of, basically we just had to take the 11+ to get into Senior School and had to meet certain academic standards each year to progress) so everyone worked hard and tried to do well (with the exception of a few obviously!) but no one would do 15 hour study days or romanticise it like that. People often say that they wouldn't know I went to PS, though some claim they can tell by my accent which is a bit unusual for my area, which I think is completely because I don't make a big deal out of it / would never look down on anyone else.

There were certainly a handful of people from my school who were a bit out of touch with reality but I think most people mellowed once they went to Uni and realised that life was varied. Equally, I think PS has this weird effect of either you come out of it wanting that same life forever (see: the half of my year that studied finance / law etc. and now live in London with a certain lifestyle) and the other half are adamantly anti-Tory, super left wing, completely the opposite.

I think as long as you recognise your privilege and the opportunities your background may have afforded you, as well as being empathetic and kind towards everyone you meet, schooling shouldn't matter. It feels like it does when you're 18 and first go to Uni perhaps but I'm a bit older now and honestly, who cares?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what happened to the podcast Ruby was doing with Jack, Jade and Eve? Have any of them ever addressed the fact they don't seem to be doing it anymore? Ruby seems quite close with Jade but I'm not convinced Jack and Eve would have much to do with her if it wasn't for the fact they are all with the same management. As in, they would never have been friends if they had met at university outside of YouTube... just a vibe I get.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know what happened to the podcast Ruby was doing with Jack, Jade and Eve? Have any of them ever addressed the fact they don't seem to be doing it anymore? Ruby seems quite close with Jade but I'm not convinced Jack and Eve would have much to do with her if it wasn't for the fact they are all with the same management. As in, they would never have been friends if they had met at university outside of YouTube... just a vibe I get.
I'm not sure about the podcast, but in terms of friendships, that happens quite a lot in life. I have many friends I would never have been close with at school or uni due to our differing personalities but I met them that I met doing other activities and we're all really close. There are many friendships that form unexpectedly though situations like that and, though probably not the closet friends, they all do appear to have a good friendship with each other.

tbh I assumed they just did it because their management asked them to do that! I got the impression they were friends but that that wasn’t the reason they were doing it.

It's obviously not a regular thing, otherwise they would have brought out another season by now. I always found it quite hypocritical that they called it the Wooden Spoon (i.e. the prize for coming last) when all of them were Oxbridge hopefuls and almost all of them came from economically-privileged backgrounds (maybe with the exception of Eve).

Reactions: 7
Just watched her most recent video and went to refresh the page and now it's saying its private? I wonder why-

1605462876269.png

Haven't watched it yet but bit of a weird title? Final what?

Just watched her most recent video and went to refresh the page and now it's saying its private? I wonder why-
1605463181808.png

I'm gonna guess the video you watched wont be the same as the one up on her channel now?? If that was a first draft uploaded by accident

Ruby, you can’t pronounce dark academia correctly, you didn’t get into Oxford, you don’t read classic literature - you still read Harry Potter and The Little Princess. To me, these are her “Hermoine: How to be” series

how can you sit there and say you don’t recommend “working past your limit” YOU POST 13hour study with me days.

I can’t with this girl.

It’s toe thumbs, quite a few people have it, I also don’t think she cuts her nails properly either
I can’t stop staring at them, they kinda creep me out. I think it’s because I don’t like toes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ahhhh sorry for posting so much, I just watched the video and the outfit ideas...They were all kinda ugly or ill fitting - there's intentionally oversized and then there's just too big. Also those shorts :(
The last outfit with the polo neck was cute though

Attachments

Fair play to her for addressing the fact its a very Eurocentric and white dominated aesthetic though, she doesn’t often talk about stuff like that

Reactions: 12
Ahhhh sorry for posting so much, I just watched the video and the outfit ideas...They were all kinda ugly or ill fitting - there's intentionally oversized and then there's just too big. Also those shorts :(
Agreed... I like the kind of outfit she's going for but the execution isn't great

Oversized pieces can work, but only if they are paired with true sized pieces too. I also don't know if this bugs anyone else, but the way she puts her hands on her waist (with her wrists facing outwards and palms on her back) really riles me.
View attachment 311615
Guess that clears the pronunciation thing up
Is it really a dialectal thing though? She has tried desperately hard to eliminate the accent her sister and parents use, and yet decides to keep the regional pronunciation of some words? Doesn't really add up to me. Especially given that she also pronounces other words wrong which don't have a regional variant (such as the author Daphne De Maurier's surname).

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.