Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her videos being so out of order really bugs me. I just don’t understand how she can be so behind schedule all the time?
Especially when she claims she’s so organised and productive.....

All signs point to no

Reactions: 9
Can someone link to her moms blog?

I don't enjoy her writing style at all

Reactions: 2

I think we know why Ruby loves the Raven so much, I think her mom is also a fan, based on the blog nickname? Clara Raven?

It’s as though she’s read a lot and thinks she can write. If I didn’t know I would’ve thought it was written by a 17 year old.

Reactions: 3
Why did Ruby feel the need to set up alarms every few hours during the US election night? I found that a bit odd. I'd maybe expect that from my American friends whose basic rights would be endangered by a possible win by Trump. I know Ruby follows the news regularly but she would find out the result with the rest of the world anyway; she's neither a journalist who needs to be updated immediately nor a statesperson whose job depends on the outcome. I think she's stressing herself out for the sake of appearing interested and busy sometimes, with no tangible results.

Reactions: 14
Why did Ruby feel the need to set up alarms every few hours during the US election night? I found that a bit odd. I'd maybe expect that from my American friends whose basic rights would be endangered by a possible win by Trump. I know Ruby follows the news regularly but she would find out the result with the rest of the world anyway; she's neither a journalist who needs to be updated immediately nor a statesperson whose job depends on the outcome. I think she's stressing herself out for the sake of appearing interested and busy sometimes, with no tangible results.
I didn't get that. Some of my friends studying politics stayed up all night to watch since it's their sort of thing, but other than doing a paid ad for the Tories when has Ruby ever shown any interest in politics to the extent she'd stay up like that?

Reactions: 10
she was bullied during her school years, maybe she acts so young because she's making up for the lost time and because she was too afraid to be herself?
For some reason you made me think of something. I notice that she would always say that was really bad at 9/10 years old and she was hard to control. Her parents would have obviously told her this. Something tells me that something must have happened at that time which now results in Ruby, being overly studious and having this toxic view of productivity. She's a good child now because she can control her, studying allows her to be in control (which is good) and I think that there's a possible fear that if she is not in control, she'll be a bad person, she'll be 'reckless.' So, now she wants to live those younger years because she can control them and be the 'good version' of herself. She can re-write that history, in her eyes. Bullying does come out of misunderstanding (I say that as someone who has also been bullied from primary school- secondary school) while, it could be seen that was bullied from studying too much, she wouldn't see as such, because she would question the type of person she is, her true nature. It's like when someone knows your family for something but you don't carry that trait of what they're known for, so they begin to question their identity. She was known by her family for being this 'bad child' and she was doing things that opposed that, but people picked out the bad things, so she questioned if she was a truly good person. But it kept her sane so she continued to do it anyway. Also, the pedestal of Oxford. Notice how Oxford is known for making elites and elites can be perceived to have ultimate control of their lives, in addition to the beauty and other things that oxford brings... It would somehow be to her that she is 'good' enough , she can be seen as 'good' in the eyes of those who she wants to be like and wants to impress, a bad child would never get oxford. She's not hung on this anymore (at least to what we know) but I'm using this as an example to express why she might have done some things.

Note: It's a theory so take it with a pinch.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m really interested in politics and even I didn’t stay up all night 🤣

Reactions: 4
Her interaction with Blakeney seems a little forced. Like "heyyy look how great our friendship is, we sing together and chop vegetables together YAY!"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Some things I picked up in her latest video:

- I find it weird that she's still uploading uni routines without updating the narration to mention she's at home? I'd guess this routine is about 3 weeks old by now.
- I'm quite sad for her that she did go home considering how well her and Blakeney seem to get along. I hope Blakeney is also okay.
- Journalling a coronavirus update every night? She says it will be interesting but imo seems to point to even more anxiety.
- This vlog was filmed after she had already decided to come home. Journal says she'd decided to remote learn that day and confirmed it with the uni. (I wonder if she'd told Blakeney)
- In the 'good things that happened today' section of her journal it says "found out that Martha is coming home too!" So Martha also seems to have come home from Sheffield. Perhaps at their parents' insistence? I honestly thought Martha would have preferred to stay.
- She writes in her journal how "London is already on tier two lockdown; I don't understand why Exeter isn't" - more covid anxiety, maybe contributing to her decision to come home

Reactions: 11
Thanks tsuyu for linking her mums blog. Her dad must work in the City to fund the lavish surroundings... how very neo-liberal!

Reactions: 1

- I find it weird that she's still uploading uni routines without updating the narration to mention she's at home? I'd guess this routine is about 3 weeks old by now.
- I'm quite sad for her that she did go home considering how well her and Blakeney seem to get along. I hope Blakeney is also okay.
- Journalling a coronavirus update every night? She says it will be interesting but imo seems to point to even more anxiety.
- This vlog was filmed after she had already decided to come home. Journal says she'd decided to remote learn that day and confirmed it with the uni. (I wonder if she'd told Blakeney)
- In the 'good things that happened today' section of her journal it says "found out that Martha is coming home too!" So Martha also seems to have come home from Sheffield. Perhaps at their parents' insistence? I honestly thought Martha would have preferred to stay.
- She writes in her journal how "London is already on tier two lockdown; I don't understand why Exeter isn't" - more covid anxiety, maybe contributing to her decision to come home
Seeing as it was teir 3 it was against the rules too travel in and out Sheffield 😡😡 I understand they’re students but the rules apply to everyone. It’s really frustrating too see influencers broad cast blatant rule breaking!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Ruby chopping up vegetables with Blakeney in the new video is the most natural I've ever seen her act.

• Haha

I don't know why she would write about Exeter needing to be in Tier 2 Lockdown, I also go there and the cases have been lower than average and I'm from London, so in reality I am much more safer here than there. It's not making sense, she's been going out to restaurants too...she just wanted to justify herself going back and I understand, some people at uni have had a lot going on mentally and it is affecting them but writing that doesn't give that implication at all.
Also, Martha shouldn't be coming home from a higher risk area.

• Heart
Most YouTubers would just scrap the footage/heavily re-edit it if their situation changed as hers did.

The only reason I can think of for journaling about coronavirus (apart from anxiety) is for posterity - perhaps she hopes her diaries will be published in some form one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is so interesting and such a good spot, thanks!

Her journal points read like a child's diary - and so repetitive (she wrote about banana bread at least 3 times). More busywork I guess?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m surprised as Marfa going home too. She seemed a bit more independent to me. But, each to their own, in these circumstances i can understand, but hope travel rules weren’t broken.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.