Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby is one of the best examples of why it is important to work smarter, not harder.

Reactions: 23
I’m definitely enjoying her videos more recently.

Further to what a previous poster said...If she’s writing a book I don’t think she’ll struggle to find a publisher. She’s got a sitting audience ready to lap it up and make some bigggg money for the publisher. I’m assuming her writing is good and of course if it’s not she might struggle but I bet the fact she has a fanbase, she’ll be fine. This sort of tit annoys me because it’s so hard to get your stuff published and who wants to sell their soul and put their life online (not bloody me).

Anyway hope she can continue to diversify her vids. Far prefer her to jade/eve/jack right now...

Reactions: 4
I’m definitely enjoying her videos more recently.

Further to what a previous poster said...If she’s writing a book I don’t think she’ll struggle to find a publisher. She’s got a sitting audience ready to lap it up and make some bigggg money for the publisher. I’m assuming her writing is good and of course if it’s not she might struggle but I bet the fact she has a fanbase, she’ll be fine. This sort of tit annoys me because it’s so hard to get your stuff published and who wants to sell their soul and put their life online (not bloody me).

Anyway hope she can continue to diversify her vids. Far prefer her to jade/eve/jack right now...
Same! I much prefer her to other studytubers especially as she seemed to have calmed down the constant study days. Now she actually shows going out with friends and stuff her content is a lot better

I was definitely the one in seminars who read the book then winged it rather than writing lots of notes of what I might say. It depends on the lecturer I guess. Mine tended to like spontaneous discussion.
Me too! I found I actually made better notes based on the class discussion and people making points based on my ideas than if I'd made pages worth of notes myself beforehand. Seems like a waste of time to me. And when Ruby and her flatmate set aside time to discuss the text together before the seminar it seems like a way to fill up time but maybe that's just me as I don't like group study.

Reactions: 3
Me too! I found I actually made better notes based on the class discussion and people making points based on my ideas than if I'd made pages worth of notes myself beforehand. Seems like a waste of time to me. And when Ruby and her flatmate set aside time to discuss the text together before the seminar it seems like a way to fill up time but maybe that's just me as I don't like group study.
I started out my first year making the kind of notes ruby probably does and quickly realised it was useless unless I was given questions to consider

She seems to be spending a lot of time discussing uni work with her flat mate, it’s like she can’t talk about anything else. But with the notes thing, I tend to make brief notes on the reading and points I might want to talk about and then ‘neat’ notes after the discussion with everything together. It seems like Ruby makes it harder for herself by making multiple sets of notes when really at the most you need messy class notes and neater notes written up later.

She seems to be spending a lot of time discussing uni work with her flat mate, it’s like she can’t talk about anything else. But with the notes thing, I tend to make brief notes on the reading and points I might want to talk about and then ‘neat’ notes after the discussion with everything together. It seems like Ruby makes it harder for herself by making multiple sets of notes when really at the most you need messy class notes and neater notes written up later.
Completely agree, surely your time with your flatmate is a chance to unwind from uni work but I guess it's good she's found someone like her to hang out with. Surely she's going to crumble with the pressure in her final year which will have a higher workload if it takes her this long to read each book and make notes?

I am convinced that Ruby just makes everything seem like „productive work“. If my flatmate and I sit together with a coffee and talk about current law issues I don‘t call it work but Ruby does. If I prep in the morning (reading a bit or writing to do lists) I don‘t call it work but Ruby does. Sorting through photos isn‘t work but something really fun to do imo but of course, Ruby calls it work.

Agree that her content has been the best lately but it‘s still somewhat problematic

Reactions: 9
I wonder what Ruby would be like in a 9-5 job - she'd probably constantly take her work home with her to fill the evenings. She never truly switches off as it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I wonder what Ruby would be like in a 9-5 job - she'd probably constantly take her work home with her to fill the evenings. She never truly switches off as it is.
I have colleagues like this. Overcomplicate everything and make out like they're so busy and productive. It seems to fill a gap in their lives.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
If shes writing a new book I’d be very curious to see how it compares to the one she wrote before, I know she was young when she wrote it but it was absolutely shockingly bad. It’d be interesting to see how her writing has changed and improved since being at uni

Jesus Christ she looks like a mourning Victorian widow.
I understand the look she’s often trying to achieve, but she really doesn’t pull it off successfully
Because she still can't part with her inner Peter Pan. Personal style can be a rocky road and she's still very young but I believe she would look really great in Edwardian inspired blouses, vintage jumpers and 40s day dresses/slacks. Her current combo seems a bit confused rather than eclectic.

I wonder about her book... She is clearly desperate to be a published author but I also feel like she would want to be a 'legitimate' one IE not piggybacking off her YT fame, which I suspect a) she would find extremely difficult (I don't know what her writing is like, but the publishing industry is vicious and her self-published book was very... strange) and b) would probably not go down well with her various agents/managers. I just wonder about how she feels about writing as Ruby Granger, an internet cypher with a very distinct brand, rather than as herself.

Reactions: 5
I think you’re fine to name the uni.
I wonder what she’s studying! Anyone know?
She goes to Sheffield Hallam , I think she's doing Film and Screenwriting (on her notebook, she got that imprinted and it said 'first year screenwriting')

• Heart
This may seem harsh but I wondered if I was alone in my thoughts.

Ruby spends so much time studying, I'm not saying she's not clever but I feel like it doesn't come to her naturally which is why she spends so much time doing it. Also, doing unnecessary work in the process?

I think she would have struggled at Oxford as they have so much work and tight deadlines.

Reactions: 7
This may seem harsh but I wondered if I was alone in my thoughts.

Ruby spends so much time studying, I'm not saying she's not clever but I feel like it doesn't come to her naturally which is why she spends so much time doing it. Also, doing unnecessary work in the process?

I think she would have struggled at Oxford as they have so much work and tight deadlines.
I honestly think the exact same, shes obviously not stupid but she just doesn’t come across as being particularly intelligent to me and also, for someone who reads so many books, I really don’t think shes great at writing tbh. Whenever I read her instagram captions, the way she uses language when she describes things is just really odd? Like for example here where she talks about autumn mornings being her dads favourite ‘temperament’, and then goes on to describe the sun as ironically seeming warmer in winter than summer. I don’t think its necessarily wrong but to me it just doesn’t flow particularly well as you read it and sounds a bit like shes been told to do a creative writing description of the weather at school or something. Idk its really hard to pin point but I personally have seen writing of much higher standards from people who are younger than her and far less educated. It doesn’t come naturally at all to her and she tends to over complicate things and use big words to try and sound clever
71FAFEAB-B09E-4DFF-9AC1-BDE98A2DFF13.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.