Ruby Granger #8 Government checks, body checks, and yet no privilege checks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
imo that outfit would be fine if she just wore black tights instead of white ones...
Dunno, its still extremely childish (and a slight off white winter jumper under a bright white summer pinafore is always gonna look a bit odd)

Reactions: 8
I want to burn those white tights lol. Some of her outfits might be a little better if she just chucked those things out the window.

Reactions: 3
a... guide?.... to... an aesthetic?... how shallow and performative can you be? and those outfits :sick::sick: see, I could totally get this "aesthetic" as a state of mind to follow, a thought bubble to ponder, a set of ideas to look at and meditate over regarding the pace of everyday life and how it affects our awareness of the immediate things that never lose their own beauty and value. BUT, when you turn it to an excuse to dramatize your weak poetic performative writing and then find the need to specify books, films and music that fits in that ideal, you're just turning this into a make-believe fantasy. what's music and films and books got to do with this? yes you could argue that they may portray elements of whatever this aesthetic strives for, but it can't possibly be that important to the point where you're choosing what you watch and listen to just for the sake of a pinterest hashtag. it just proves how much of a performative and feverish reverie you've gotten yourself into. watch whatever you want, listen to whatever you want, dress whatever you want, be whoever you want, but please, don't try to fit your sense of self inside the hashtag of a trend. roobee tries to get at this at the end of the video, but can you really take her seriously when she just made a 16 minute video over cottagecore, after once uploading a photo asking her followers what kind of aesthetic people relate her to?

and also. how nonsensical is it that ruby, an english literature student, takes so seriously such a fake concept as "online aesthetics"? comes as no surprise from someone that is preaching slow living and yet has the idea that productivity is built around ticking boxes off of the most mundane tasks

Reactions: 31
If she watched more films and TV, maybe she'd develop a more natural style of filming and editing.

Reactions: 17
I honestly associate these online aesthetics with teenagers, not uni students. Like, why would any adult even care about that?

Also I have to laugh at how tone deaf she is telling people to just shop at farmers markets. Okay Ruby

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I feel like this recent video really showcases what people were talking about a few pages back about how aesthetics like cottage core can become very alienating when presented in the way Ruby has - you have to be of enough privilege to have the time, money, luxury, space etc to be able to dedicate every aspect of your life to a certain aesthetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not to mention the voiceover crap where it just feels like she’s forcing herself to sound like an audiobook or something (and epically failing).
I thought the voice was more β€œput on” than usual, a bit fake posh.

Reactions: 5
I honestly associate these online aesthetics with teenagers, not uni students. Like, why would any adult even care about that?

Also I have to laugh at how tone deaf she is telling people to just shop at farmers markets. Okay Ruby
Isn't her house esentially across the road from a farm shop as well? Aside from the price, not everybody has easy access to nice food that is grown just down the road

Reactions: 13
How do we convince Ruby to include this on her next "How I read 100+ books" video. πŸ˜‚
Also, this has really good reviews. I might actually read this.

41kYtTC+l4L.jpg

Reactions: 12
Oh my god I just watched her new video and RUBY, IF YOU’RE READING THIS TAKE OFF THAT bleeping APRON DRESS YOU ARE NOT ANNE SHIRLEY YOU ARE 20-YEAR-OLD RUBY BONES AND THIS LITTLE GIRL COSPLAY ISN’T CUTE.

Reactions: 11
Thank you so much Ruby for that lovely 16 minute video about how rich you are and how lovely and slow life is in your giant farmhouse in the countryside. Special shout outs to the bit where she says to shop at a farmers market (cos we all have one of those locally), the recommendation to buy a book of pictures of otters just for the aesthetic and my favourite bit, where she just props a picture frame on her iPad as she shows us her music.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Hi all, I'm new to this thread but I've been lurking for a couple weeks and I can see what you all mean about her regressing since moving back home. I've always found her tendency to dress like a young child unsettling. Everyone's entitled to their own fashion sense but dressing like a young child paired with acting like a little girl as a grown woman goes beyond secondhand embarrassment for me and is actually pretty disturbing and hard to watch. This new video and those outfit pictures really make me cringe and worry for her mental state.

Reactions: 16
Thank you so much Ruby for that lovely 16 minute video about how rich you are and how lovely and slow life is in your giant farmhouse in the countryside. Special shout outs to the bit where she says to shop at a farmers market (cos we all have one of those locally), the recommendation to buy a book of pictures of otters just for the aesthetic and my favourite bit, where she just props a picture frame on her iPad as she shows us her music.
This!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.