Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's so arrogant even when she's disappointed in herself. 'I understood this material inside out.' The whole thing about 'taking a chance' and basically not doing what was asked of her. I think she thinks it makes herself look good that she's somehow working on a level above everyone else and doesn't follow the instructions.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She's so arrogant even when she's disappointed in herself. 'I understood this material inside out.' The whole thing about 'taking a chance' and basically not doing what was asked of her. I think she thinks it makes herself look good that she's somehow working on a level above everyone else and doesn't follow the instructions.
I think she thinks she's understanding the question on a deeper level or something but she's just being wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She's so arrogant even when she's disappointed in herself. 'I understood this material inside out.'
Yeah you probably didn't if you got a low grade lmao
I bet Ruby is one of those people that can't fathom doing anything less than perfect and always find a way to make it the professor's fault.

This grade was back when she was still studying philosophy right?
Maybe it had a part in her decision to switch to English?

Reactions: 7
A bit random but I wonder why her English degree at Exeter is listed from 2019-2023 on LinkedIn? Did she switch to a 4 year course with a year abroad/placement? Can’t imagine her leaving England for more than a week
She did one year of a Theology and Philosophy degree, and then switched to English Lit, starting in the first year.

Reactions: 2
She did one year of a Theology and Philosophy degree, and then switched to English Lit, starting in the first year.
I think they're saying since she started uni in 2018, right? So she should be in second year now, even with the degree change, and graduating next year in 2022. There's an extra year there or she's done some bad maths.

Reactions: 6
I think they're saying since she started uni in 2018, right? So she should be in second year now, even with the degree change, and graduating next year in 2022. There's an extra year there or she's done some bad maths.
If she's actually planning to do a year abroad she needs to grow up asap.
Also I guess she'd be going to the US since the UK is now out of the Erasmus program? Idk

Reactions: 8
Also I guess she'd be going to the US since the UK is now out of the Erasmus program? Idk
I mean she could be going anywhere since most unis have partnerships with places all around the world but I'd bet if she wants to do a year abroad she's going to somewhere like New England since she seems to love that aesthetic. I really don't think she's going though, or if she is she's kept it very quiet so it seems strange.

Reactions: 9
Omg I literally just came across this
Late to the party: I'm currently marking first year's first assignments. The majority of the marks I'm giving out are 2:2s. Why? Because they're still writing at A-Level standard- so they write well, but it takes a bit of practice to get your head around writing at University standard. This reaction is exactly what I don't want my students to be feeling, that's why my feedback is quite detailed and points out where they can make changes to get higher marks.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
yeah, her 18/19 theology course is listed separately. But I looked it up and she would also have the option to do a work placement year (either in the UK or abroad), so maybe she’s doing that?
Or maybe she just miscalculated.
I was getting excited, thought we’d see her backpacking in Australia soon😅

• Haha
I reread children's books from time to time, too. And I can certainly see the gratification you'd get from going through a WHOLE book in just a few hours!!! (/s) But it is basically impossible to read the same text in the same way twice as you grow and form different opinions (especially if you do literary studies or critical reading of any kind, come on). Many of my childhood favourites have become very different books looking back. She doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
yeah, her 18/19 theology course is listed separately. But I looked it up and she would also have the option to do a work placement year (either in the UK or abroad), so maybe she’s doing that?
I fully expect her to have calculated wrong - we know she misses attention to detail all the time.

Reactions: 19
That first grade video drives me insane. Literally everyone knows your first essay at university is going to be a rough one because writing for university is not the same as writing for A level. You just have to chat with your lecturers and act on feedback to get good grades.
Honestly, I think Ruby suffers from the same issues as Holly and wouldn't thrive on a PhD. She needs the validation from grades, without that she's going to have problems.
Sorry, still catching up everyone:

I agree, I think if you're really used to having someone go "this is perfect, this is an A/1st/100%!" then having a supervisor or team of supervisors look critically over your work and tell you how to make edits or give suggestions on lines of thinking or readings you might not have heard of/thought about is almost traumatic because you're so used to just handing a piece of work in and making little/no changes about the way you write. Master's level is hard, it was one of the hardest years of my life and I wrote almost 50,000 words in not even 12 months. I don't even know if Ruby will be able to cope with a dissertation project at undergrad considering that is a taste of PhD in that you have to work with someone who helps you with your ideas.

Her family strikes me as the type to vacation in Spain every year (British with tons of money to burn). But I wouldn't be suprised if they spent all their time in a resort.
Naaah they wouldn’t be slumming it in some spanish resort, if they were gonna visit Spain they’d go to one of the main cities and do expensive tit

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Omg for real I would be so pro this. Rubes needs to see some more of the world! Honestly imo all the issues boil down to ‘too sheltered, killed with kindness’
All the stuff about the grades and thinking she’s the tit I’m thinking she’s deep in middle class delusion really believing in meritocracy.

Everything in her education says if you work hard you get what you want and the harder you work the more you get. It’s sad that there’s a big brick wall coming that she’s going to slam into one day, so hoping a year abroad and meeting some people who aren’t also posh might mean she can do a more gentle learning curve of realising that life isn’t always fair and not everyone is destined for stardom.

that said it absolutely drives me MAD that this girl lacks any modesty whatsoever- she never looks up recipes or learns how to do things or improves at anything really (lumpy collar I’m looking at you honey)
Like how has this girl been raised to think she is innately capable of doing anything without even looking it up??? Come oooooon

Reactions: 14
Could the 4 year duration include a master? I know some places of a 2in1 course.

Reactions: 2
Could the 4 year duration include a master? I know some places of a 2in1 course.
I can’t find it on Exeter’s website, unless she is just assuming she’ll get in 😂 it looks like you have to apply separately

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's not really that common outside of the sciences, plus Ruby has mentioned applying for Masters elsewhere so I'd guess not.

Reactions: 5
I mean she could be going anywhere since most unis have partnerships with places all around the world but I'd bet if she wants to do a year abroad she's going to somewhere like New England since she seems to love that aesthetic. I really don't think she's going though, or if she is she's kept it very quiet so it seems strange.
I really cannot see Ruby in a non-English-speaking place. She does not strike me as very curious about other cultures and languages.

I just had this image of Ruby trying to learn Chinese like she approached Spanish to spend a year in China lmaooo

It's not really that common outside of the sciences, plus Ruby has mentioned applying for Masters elsewhere so I'd guess not.
Oxford? :LOL:
Not sure how the difficulty of the application process differs between BA and MA but I didn't see much change in Ruby since she started uni (or more lik eI see she's changed for worse). The Oxford rejection didn't teach her anything. All she does is rewriting notes and play pretend Anne with and e.

Didn’t know you could time travel and go back to the Victorian age as part of study abroad
Just kidding but that’s all I can see her doing, she’s too comfortable living her life, she won’t change

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.