Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has it listed under "publications" on her LinkedIn šŸ˜¬
This is the cringiest thing I've ever heard in my life. The publications section is usually used by academics for published papers and books etc. I guess a cringy self-insert fanfic is basically the same thing.
Can you imagine if a potential employer decided to look into that and found out what this is about? Oh my god.

I swear to God when Ruby finally gets the common sense and self-awareness a 20-year-old should have she's gonna have to change her identity and move to New Zealand to escape her cringy past

• Haha
Reactions: 42
This is the cringiest thing I've ever heard in my life. The publications section is usually used by academics for published papers and books etc. I guess a cringy self-insert fanfic is basically the same thing.
Can you imagine if a potential employer decided to look into that and found out what this is about? Oh my god.

I swear to God when Ruby finally gets the common sense and self-awareness a 20-year-old should have she's gonna have to change her identity and move to New Zealand to escape her cringy past
Not the New Zealand please šŸ˜«

• Haha
Reactions: 7
what on earth is "woodland floor"
To be fair, that is a real term. It is what it says - the floor of a woodland. Iā€™m more concerned with ā€˜swipe for photosā€™ that are videos. Also buds donā€™t sprout, buds and sprouts are pretty much the same thing. Branches can bud, or sprout. Misusing language again, I wonder if Ruby has ever read about Mrs Malaprop?

Reactions: 9
I think you'd normally say 'forest floor' but woodland floor technically isn't incorrect.

Reactions: 5
Buds sprouting in the garden, canā€™t wait to see what they hold inside! I mean smart money is on leaves of some kind, but you do you, RooBee. You do you.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Omg I literally just came across this
This video annoys me so much, she says that it ā€œdoesnā€™t matterā€ but gets herself in such a state.
It was the first ever essay she wrote in university, so the chances of it being amazing were slim and sheā€™s obviously realised that she canā€™t always be perfect and have perfect grades despite being that ā€œperfect studentā€ in high school, which has gotten under her skin.

Although, I hope sheā€™s reaslised now that majority of university lecturers do not have time to pick favourite students and prissy prance around giving criticism. A lot of feedback is hard and blunt from lecturers for all courses, but thatā€™s the only way youā€™ll ever improve.

Reactions: 10
Am I making this up or didn't it come out later than this was a formative essay and therefore didn't matter anyway? Either way most (all?) degrees don't take your first year grades into account for your final degree classification...

Reactions: 7
This must have been the moment when she realised she was not the big fish anymore.

To be honest, I understand how horrible it must have felt to get a 2.2 for your first assessment; but that reaction is a tad out of proportion. Moreover, she mentioned using a unique approach to the question? Idk I didnā€™t want the whole thing, but it seems she was very well aware she could have flopped - I guess she thought her marker would be blown away by her unique amazing-ness šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 23
Am I making this up or didn't it come out later than this was a formative essay and therefore didn't matter anyway? Either way most (all?) degrees don't take your first year grades into account for your final degree classification...
I know literally jack tit about how the UK university system works but this is so embarrassing all around. I get being upset over grades. I often obsess over grades as well (although I don't think I've ever cried about it, and all my grades count towards my final score, and I have a nearly perfect GPA which I would absolutely hate to ruin with a lower grade).
But it's not a healthy attitude to have, I am aware of that, and choosing to cry over your grades in a Youtube video when most of your audience is made up of young people who look up to you as a model is incredibly irresponsible and immature. Especially if the grade doesn't even matter in the end! Oh my God. I hope this girl never has to face some real failure or misfortune if this is how she reacts to a lower grade that won't even matter.

Reactions: 18
Have to be honest here, I was a little upset too when I got my first essay mark back. It was a 55% or something. It didn't count towards anything but I still felt very discouraged.

It was a pretty terrible essay of course and I think the lecturer was quite lenient with me!

I don't remember if I cried, but I did have a little mini panic attack, because I thought I had done my best and clearly my best wasn't good enough. I felt that maybe I had made a terrible mistake and wasn't cut out for university. I felt very discouraged and thought I would fail my course.

So while I do have a little bit of empathy with Ruby here, I have always hated those students who cried because they didn't get A***** on a test right next to someone who barely scaped by. There's something quite insensitive about it. Like, "oh it's alright for you, you're used to gettig bad grades!"

Reactions: 14
long time lurker here šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø
that first essay video annoyed me so much, i'm in my last year of university doing a stem subject so literally answers are either right or wrong, i have got so many low grades, even this year i have already got two 45% grades and yeah, it bums me out but last year i still got a high 2.1? you just learn to sometimes laugh about it, learn from your mistakes and get on with the next assignment. i'd have been absolutely over the moon with a 2.2 in my first ever assignment at uni!!! i guess everyone's different, but to me personally, it seemed like another sign of how out of touch she is with going out into the real world of university instead of her small private school.

Reactions: 16
I'd be disappointed with a 2:2, but I also wouldn't go online and say 'oh my god, I did so badly'. I wouldnt say it to my coursemates either. Imagine how tit you'd feel if you got a lower grade than her and she says 'I did so badly' šŸ˜

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.