Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looooool wtf, I live in Spain and it’s not ‘chavvy’! Smh nice classism and generalisation of an entire country. Yes there are some resorts which are the typical brits abroad type places, but it’s a whole country with an incredibly diverse culture, in fact ruby actually did a travel vlog of her family going to Madrid smh.
Thisssss the only chavvy areas are places full of brits

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thisssss the only chavvy areas are places full of brits
Exactly, I find it proper ignorant and bizarre to generalise an entire country like that. It’s like stereotyping the whole of the UK based on what its like at a Butlins resort.

Reactions: 13
Looooool wtf, I live in Spain and it’s not ‘chavvy’! Nice classism and generalisation of an entire country. Yes there are some resorts which are the typical brits abroad type places, but it’s a whole country with an incredibly diverse culture, in fact ruby actually did a travel vlog of her family going to Madrid smh.
I don't personally think Spain is chavvy, I'm just repeating the stereotype from snobby upper middle class families like Ruby's. Spain is definitely not 'exclusive' enough for them

Reactions: 8
I don't personally think Spain is chavvy, I'm just repeating the stereotype from snobby upper middle class families like Ruby's. Spain is definitely not 'exclusive' enough for them
From your comment it sounded like it was your personal opinion, I’m glad it’s not though. Unfortunately a lot of people do have this ignorant view of Spain.
I’m not sure Ruby’s family do think Spains chavvy, though as they went on holiday to Madrid and I’m sure she mentioned going to Barcelona as well

Reactions: 2
Ruby and her family strike me as kind of the stereotypical snobbish and rude British tourists. Like the kind that get super annoyed if the locals don't speak perfect English and they have difficulty communicating. I might be totally wrong, they may be delightful and considerate people when travelling abroad, but that's my impression. It might be interesting in that sense to know what they voted regarding Brexit lmao

Reactions: 19
Ruby and her family strike me as kind of the stereotypical snobbish and rude British tourists. Like the kind that get super annoyed if the locals don't speak perfect English. I might be totally wrong, they may be delightful and considerate people when travelling abroad, but that's my impression. It might be interesting in that sense to know what they voted regarding Brexit lmao
Her dad’s a tax avoider.... you can safely assume who and what he votes for 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Her dad’s a tax avoider.... you can safely assume who and what he votes for 😂
Yeah that's what I meant, I feel like one of the reasons why people voted for Brexit was not wanting us Southern and Eastern Europeans into their country and that often translates to being awful guests when visiting those countries.
But of course this is all just guessing based on the impression I have of them. Ruby and her family may well be super considerate when it comes to other cultures.

Ruby and her family would 100% think the Spanish resorts are chavvy lol. The big cities no probably not. But I can hardly see them going to Magaluf for a holiday

Reactions: 7
Ruby and her family would 100% think the Spanish resorts are chavvy lol. The big cities no probably not. But I can hardly see them going to Magaluf for a holiday
I couldn't even imagine Martha going to magaluf.

Bless her she tried to act cool and qUiRkY.

Reactions: 5
From Ruby's map in her most recent room tour it looks like she's been to USA, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Greece, Denmark and Iceland. So it looks like she's only been to Western Europe and former British Colonies.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I couldn't even imagine Martha going to magaluf.

Bless her she tried to act cool and qUiRkY.
Martha just reminds me of every girl I ever met at uni who pretended like they were working class and talks 'common' when in reality their parents paid their rent and they went home to their bleeping mini mansion for the Christmas break 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
From Ruby's map in her most recent room tour it looks like she's been to USA, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Greece, Denmark and Iceland. So it looks like she's only been to Western Europe and former British Colonies.
That’s pretty well travelled for her age imo

Reactions: 23
Yeah that’s not really true any more - it’s somewhere between 30-40%, some of which is obviously dependent on what college you’re at. That’s pretty similar to most other top unis in the UK, and actually higher than some. You also don’t have to be exceptionally intelligent to get firsts there, so much as you have to be hard working and efficient (admittedly not Ruby’s strong suit...). I think she would have struggled with the volume of work massively - having to write an essay every week, for it to be picked apart by your tutor, would have utterly destroyed her confidence - though maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad thing, given she’s currently unbearably arrogant. Plus you can’t spend your time writing and rewriting notes, and making 10 different to do lists, because there’s so much compulsory work every week. No way she could have coped with that.
I stand corrected - under 30% of students got firsts when I graduated from there, so it definitely seems to have increased year on year.....it's still tough to get a first there, Oxford takes some of the top students in the country and over half don't get a first. I agree definitely would've found the whole thing hard.

I mean that's way more places than I've been 😂 idk must be nice to have the ability to go on all those holidays
That’s pretty well travelled for her age imo
I'm 5 years older than her and I've been to 2 countries lol that's very well travelled. Idk if that's what the comment is implying necessarily but I find it really classist when people judge you for not being well travelled

Reactions: 12
I mean the sole fact that you go by a plane to some fancy hotel and all you do is basically chill at the beach and eat hotel food doesn't mean you're well travelled at all. Actually it's like you've never travelled at all, more like wasted money. And knowing Ruby's lack in basic knowledge I bet she didn't get much out of that travelling either way. Not to mention Marfa.

Reactions: 14
I mean that's way more places than I've been 😂 idk must be nice to have the ability to go on all those holidays

I'm 5 years older than her and I've been to 2 countries lol that's very well travelled. Idk if that's what the comment is implying necessarily but I find it really classist when people judge you for not being well travelled
Not what I meant at all, I love travel but I know not everyone has the money to and we all have different priorities with our money. It was more of a comment of how with all the money and resources she and her family seem to have it seems quite telling that they don't appear to have gone anywhere except the most western influenced countries especially since she seems to idolise the Bucket List Family who travel all over the world. If I had all the money they seem to have I feel like I would have gone more places. I really think it would do Ruby some good to go somewhere in Asia or Africa which is a bit more out of her comfort zone.

From your comment it sounded like it was your personal opinion, I’m glad it’s not though. Unfortunately a lot of people do have this ignorant view of Spain.
I’m not sure Ruby’s family do think Spains chavvy, though as they went on holiday to Madrid and I’m sure she mentioned going to Barcelona as well
So I know Martha is so annoying but that video was actually pretty fun to watch. Also it's funny how different the mum is in Martha's videos compared to Ruby's

• Haha
So I know Martha is so annoying but that video was actually pretty fun to watch. Also it's funny how different the mum is in Martha's videos compared to Ruby's
I get the feeling that their mum was a bit similar to Martha when she was that she! Ruby definitely seems the most uptight member of the family, for whatever reason.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.