Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
The fist and last time that floor will be cleaned

View attachment 425972
It looks like some sort of mud room maybe? I see that the dog bowls are kept there. Maybe that's why it looks kinda dirty. Not that that excuses having a dirty floor lol.
I think it was just for show and she didn't actually mop the floor. She just did it a couple times for the camera and that was it. Which would explain why she doesn't have shoes on when that would be so unpleasant (dirty/wet/cold floor) and dangerous for slipping.

Reactions: 1

salmaaax

Chatty Member
Long time lurker here, but this was just comical!

anyone see this?

I actually responded to the story because she’s highlighted a part that says “I don’t read literature unless the author is dead 30 years”

Imagine admitting you live in the past which she’s done by highlighting that sectionView attachment 432156
I see she actually is trying to read the Murakami book then👀

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I think it's just for the purpose of assigning you a supervisor based on your early topic ideas. My actual final title was quite different to the one I submitted in second year
That makes sense, we are not assigned a supervisor, we choose one on our own based on our ideas for potential topics and then choose the topic and finalize the structure with them before submitting the title. I'll be graduating in July but I will only be able to officially sign up for that graduation session in March.

joonielovers

I am also reading Norwegian Wood right now (although I've had to put it on hold for like a week until I'm done with my exams) and I'll honestly be surprised if Ruby finishes it. The book deals with mainly adult topics, sexual relationships etc. and it's definitely pretty complex. It will be interesting to see what she thinks of it.

Imo after reading like 50 pages, the main character is also pretty unlikable (which doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the book). I feel like the books Ruby usually reads always have protagonists that you are meant to root for and identify with, so I wonder how she will react to this as well.
love Murakami ! i’ve read lots of his books and i find often that his characters are unlikeable which makes the books stand out.

i wonder what she will think of his portrayal of women?

• Heart

laynelo_

VIP Member
You can purchase a Lord/Lady title online by owning a plot of land, I’m surprised she’s not done it yet.

All Hail Lady Ruby!👑

MrsMarshmallow

Buds sprouting in the garden, can’t wait to see what they hold inside! I mean smart money is on leaves of some kind, but you do you, RooBee. You do you.
I wrote something similar to that, when I was 10. For God’s sake, Ruby, you’re not a child anymore.

pipol

I remember. Was this the same video where she cried over a book she couldn’t get?
What I don’t get is just...why? I can’t imagine asking for a meeting over that when work is marked anonymously in most instances. Imo Ruby would’ve really benefited from a smaller department/uni if she really wanted to emulate the school environment. But girl, seriously? I’m embarrassed for her
Does anyone remember which video it was in which she cried bc she couldn’t find the book/readings she needed?

LitNerd

Chatty Member
Just a quick OT note because I know someone asked earlier, a couple of old video of Ruby’s came up on my suggested (because I only subbed like a year ago when I found out about her) so I watched a couple, they’re from 2019, and she says her mum is an aromatherapist which fits with when she says in a later blog that her mum has a massage room to bring clients in their house, but she’s also said her mums been “at work” like out the house

• Haha

1234cghbv

she didn't volunteer to get patted down, it says that she's well prepared before security so the process goes smoothly ie. she has her liquids packed before leaving the house and takes her shoes/belt/etc off before being asked.

edit: this is the blog post where both of these (seperate) incidents are described
really pushing the boat out there ruby...

joonielovers

Hey, you won't automatically fail because of the turnitin score - your lecturer or marker will check through it to see if they think you actually plagarised (stole other peoples words) or if it's a reference thing.
People usually hit around 10-20% at my uni because of references and a few bits here and there, but if you have longer quotes that would explain the abnormaly high score. It also tends to flag slightly strange stuff, it once caught one of my sentences as something from a paper on owls from the 80s which is nowhere near my area of study!

You've only plagarised if you've copied something or just changed a few words to pass it off as your own. Turnitin should show you exactly where it thinks you've copied unless your lecturer turned that function off so you could go through yourself and see?
Yeah, I can see where it says I have copied stuff from. Most of it is beginning of sentences and also the references.

Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if Rubys eating problems have improved? It seemed as though she was on the verge of an ED a while back.

olavshoi

Wasn't Ruby like 9 at this point? I struggle to believe she volunteered to get patted down that young
she didn't volunteer to get patted down, it says that she's well prepared before security so the process goes smoothly ie. she has her liquids packed before leaving the house and takes her shoes/belt/etc off before being asked.

edit: this is the blog post where both of these (seperate) incidents are described

3calico3

VIP Member
I can’t get past how dirty her nail is!!!
Also, that white mark on her nail is a sign of a deficiency, although I can't recall which vitamin/mineral.

That's still like 4 grand a year though?! I hope she doesn't actually take it out..
Oh she definitely has, as I remember in one video she had to phone Student Finance because one of her instalments hadn't been paid in when it should have been.

moosesauna

Chatty Member

I watched Ruby's bookshelf tour for the first time and I was struck by how many children's books she had on there (she said this was a shelf of her 'favourite books') and how many books that she admitted she hadn't even read, they just look pretty.

I find it hilarious that The Austere Academy is her favourite A Series of Unfortunate Events book. Ruby just loves a boarding school book, even if the boarding school is third rate and sinister 😂
Pretty sure everybody has at least a few books on their bookshelves 'for show' lmao - at least she's honest about it??