Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
the only time i can remember ruby "saying" that they have financial worry or something is in erimentha parker's to do list (i mean erimentha is her sooo hahaha) like she mentioned in the book that if not because of the scholarship, she can't enter the private school and whatnot

Reactions: 1

sephylily

VIP Member

Does her mum normally call Martha Marfa? Is that like a thing in their family?

pipol

From the way she was mopping the floor (and the fact that she did it with no shoes on, sorry but I'm still not over it lmao 😭) and the state of the house I'd say she must not do it very often. What's the point in having a big ass house if you can't take care of it properly?
Tbh they probably have a cleaner or two

missmina

VIP Member
Like in this post from August 2020. Definitely not my style, but at least it is something that I would see some of my friends (17-21) wear. Unlike the toddler outfits we've seen the last couple of months... View attachment 427211
What is she promoting tho? Cause if the ad refers to the gifted clothes then no wonder she decided to change💸

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Yeah originality is important but they're not going to hold it against you if someone has a similar topic to you. I wonder what she will write her dissertation on? We had to submit our titles/topics in second year.
Interesting, in my country you choose the topic in your third year and submit the title a few months before the discussion.

Interesting, in my country you choose the topic in your third year and submit the title a few months before the discussion.
I think it's just for the purpose of assigning you a supervisor based on your early topic ideas. My actual final title was quite different to the one I submitted in second year

pipol

Is that even allowed? I've never even heard of private student loans? Sounds morally questionable either way
Idk tbh - most of the people at my independent school just took normal student loans for the uni fees and then their parents usually paid maintenance
Edit - a lot of people did pay upfront though as it was quite feasible considering uni fees were significantly less than the school fees

Welshgal

VIP Member
I’m clearly to old (or sensible? 😂) can some please explain what drug Martha/Marfa is using?

jjeett

Chatty Member
She wrote that book a few years ago, it’s just the person doing the reviews here took the bullet for all of us and bought it so we don’t have to :)
I seeee thank you! Is it a physical book?

And a final annoying question, where is her family home?

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member

Does her mum normally call Martha Marfa? Is that like a thing in their family?
I think you can spell it Martha or Marfa.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I keep seeing those huge white frilly collar shirts on clothes websites, so to be fair to Ruby there are other people out there fueling the demand for the stern religious acadayyyymia look right now 😬

Last edited:

GoinDowntown

If this is the instance I'm thinking of, they had discussed the same scene in a play that she was planning to write her essay about and didn't think she could now write an essay on the same topic that they had just discussed in the seminar. But I didn't interpret it as if she thought that somebody had "stolen" her idea. I interpreted it as if it was just an unfortunate occurrence for her and she thought she had just been unlucky that that specific scene ended up being the topic of the seminar.
Do you remember which video that was?

cookiesandcreeeeeem

It's so frustrating that she seems to have such a basic understanding of Jane Eyre. The whole point is that Jane's reunion with Rochester IS a radical act, because she now has financial independence and self respect and has found a family (the Rivers). He has been 'punished' for his crimes by being blinded and essentially losing everything. Now they can unite as equals. Obviously the novel can be seen as problematic in light of modern theories of postcolonialism etc, but it's not as if Jane Eyre is meant to be a 'girl power' 21st century feminist Cinderella story. The ending very clearly fits with the novel as a whole.
Where does she talk about Jane Eyre? I studied it years ago at A-Level and it’s one of my favourite novels so interested to hear her perspective 🤨

jjeett

Chatty Member
Sorry to be that annoying person but I go in and out of following Ruby. What's this book thing? I assumed she's writing a book but why's it not accessible to everyone?