Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

treasuredintention

Can someone confirm whether or not there was an iPad in the background? because the comment got a lot of likes yet I can't see it/find proof for that claim

buflesse

Chatty Member
I agree, but I do bad for ruby though. She’s like this because her mum enables it and encourages it, her mum seems like she’s not really done much apart from raise kids, work part time and write blog posts. She’s been very involved with rubys videos recently as well (prob due to lockdown) and the way she acts with ruby, it’s like she doesn’t see a problem at all. I understand it to an extent, some parents struggle when they realise all their kids have left home to get jobs or go to uni, they want to hang on to them as if they’re still kids, but it’s just going to damage ruby in the long term
I agree. Has anyone seen this? It's so weird how she talks to her https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGx...tory_media_id=2374270047406525454_39247334895

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I’d love to see her parents and her do the great British class calculator, if you haven’t done it, it’s a great tool, I guess depending on where you come from and what you’ve studied etc will change your perceptions on class etc! The old money vs new money is a good discussion point but we largely don’t know what much about Ruby’s family because she’s quite cut off about them (I’m mot a long term follower so I could have missed some stuff)
Where is this?

pipol

To be totally clear, I've never said that I think she lies about her grades! But I do think she is possibly selective about them, and might not talk about her lower scoring essays. Now she's doing English I doubt she'd want to admit to 'failure' (she has a very weird view of failure, ie less than a first...)
Idk tbh - she’s been pretty clean about it in the past when there’s been grades she’s been upset over - like she’s been pretty open about the lower scores she’s got so I don’t even think she’s warping the truth there. I honestly believe she’s doing essays at a pretty high standard.

Gotta say, I think the reason she doesn't critique books on her channel or goodreads is because shes worried about what people will say/think. If she puts those arguments out there, shes inviting people to disagree with her opinion and also question her intelligence. This thread is full of us all commenting on it, but she's protected by the fact that we have never read any of her uni work. And while a lot of us have read snippets of her book, academic writing is different to creative writing. I really don't think Ruby is the kind of person who take criticism well at all (i.e. outright disagreeing with her lecturers marking/comments) so I don't see her risking it.
I agree - i think she doesn’t want to put out any controversial opinions as she has a relatively clean/safe reputation atm

lemonlime

VIP Member
Yeah it was disgusting and literally in no way funny at all, marfas rank. I’m so sick of her bragging about doing ket on tiktok as well, like congratulations you’ve become the stereotypical rebel posh kid at uni and you’re literally doing the dirtiest drug you could possibly find. Enjoy the damage it does to your bladder mate, god I cannot stand people who brag about doing ket, it is pure cringe
She brags about it? 😭 😂 Suits her trash act well I guess.

joonielovers

hi guys,
this has nothing to do with ruby, but its to do with uni and a lot of you here seem to know about the marking scheme etc. (for the record I go to a university in the UK). if i could have some advice on this it would be great.

so i submitted an essay for an assignment and it said my Turnitin percentage is 43% , I still havent had my grade back but a few others on my course have. i'm just really stressed because when i clicked on it it said some stuff were from a paper submitted to the university before.
my only issue is that it's a paper where we had to cite a lot of texts etc so i dont know if its just because a lot of people wrote on the same issue.

my friend mentioned plagiarism and im just wondering what this means? and is there a reason why my lecturer still has not given me back my feedback or is it because of the Turnitin percentage?

Sorry for asking here but I do not know anyone who knows stuff about this and i thought maybe one of you here would know about this.
thank u!!

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
I read Ruby’s mum’s blog and there was a post in there that mentioned the girls helping round the house and the way it was written seemed to suggest that it was a pretty recent thing. I don’t doubt that Ruby does help but I don’t think it’s something she’s ever done consistently. I noticed in some of her uni videos that Ruby seems to be lacking a bit in those kinds of basic life skills, like keeping stuff clean and even cooking - it always seemed a bit haphazard and messy - and that mop looked a bit alien to her! I’d guess she comes from the kind of background where she’s never really had to do it much, which blows my mind a bit as you’re at such a disadvantage in life if you can’t look after yourself and present yourself reasonably well.
What’s her mum’s blog please?

cloakroom

I swear in one of her earliest study with me videos she said she was allowed to use a computer for her exams due to her hands. Something about how she struggled with writing for a long time because it caused her pain.

On a side note, I find myself missing her earlier content. I feel like middle-class Ruby was just easier to watch and engage with, she wasn't afraid to do normal things outside of the Hermione videos.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I seeee thank you! Is it a physical book?

And a final annoying question, where is her family home?
Looks like there’s a physical version!

And they live in East Sussex I believe

Edit: someone else said it’s Buckinghamshire which makes more sense, I got confused with her dad’s companies house listing stuff

Last edited:

moosesauna

Chatty Member
There's a difference between informal wear and shabby clothes and appearence tho
Aye, I know, though unfortunately a lot of people seem to equate informal clothing with being lazy or shabby :/ There's even a poster in my town about it?? It's just so classist and could even be considered ableism tbf

LitNerd

Chatty Member
Do you not realise how ridiculous it is to build your career off somebody else's and then not give them any credit because they said it was dehumanising to refer to women as people who menstruate?
Just clarifying I was just sharing the example of another YouTube channel who handled the situation as it’s ingrained in their content as it is, all be it to a lesser extent, in Ruby’s original foundations of her channel. I’ve re-read my post and realised I worded it wrong I should have said “she could have looked to the example of other channels” rather than suggesting I think she should exactly follow exactly what they were doing. I simply noticed a comparison but I apologise for going about it the wrong way and I’m really sorry for my post.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I thought. I read a discussion once about the main characters being in the 'wrong' houses and someone pointed out that Hermione wouldn't be in Ravenclaw because she works hard rather than working smart, kind of applies to Ruby too 😂
Slightly ot but why would that fact not make Hermione a ravenclaw? Thought the houses were just about your priorities in life but then again I don’t really know too much about HP :ROFLMAO:

Maybe it was a seminar where you got graded for participation and therefore you had to use a different topic to things discussed in the seminar? Idk I've never had seminars where participation counts towards your grade but some courses do.