Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m clearly to old (or sensible? 😂) can some please explain what drug Martha/Marfa is using?

Reactions: 1
Martha will look back on this stage in her life 5-10 years from now and be so embarrassed.

not sure whether this is hilarious or just extremely cringe though
Jesus, does their mum have literally nothing better to do?

Reactions: 3
I much prefer Martha to Ruby. Evon though she's cringe as f (who wasn't at her age lol), at least she's more fun and open, contrary to goody two-shoes Ruby. And more importantly, she's better at editing and has more creative ideas than Ruby.
They're two shades of the same type imo, I've met a lot of people like them both (more so Martha than Ruby, from going to a decent uni with a lot of edgy posh students)... Martha's better at editing but her humour and ideas in general are pretty standard for people of her age and background on TikTok/Twitter etc

I’m so glad when I was a cringey, edgy teenager smartphones weren’t a thing, and the proof of my embarrassing years are hidden in my hard drive for only my eyes 🤣
Yes!! I definitely would've made awful TikTok videos and tried my hand at Youtube - and I have more than enough dumb tit from my first year of uni to haunt me without my childhood antics coming into it 😬

Reactions: 8
Ew, who brags about taking drugs online? Especially seeing as their mum probably watches Ruby and Martha's content? Like she might seem 'chill' but surely most parents aren't chill with their kids openly talking about taking ket? It's not like smoking a joint at a party or something. Also sorry but I actually can't bring myself to ever type marfa instead of Martha like it bleeping sets my teeth on edge 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ew, who brags about taking drugs online? Especially seeing as their mum probably watches Ruby and Martha's content? Like she might seem 'chill' but surely most parents aren't chill with their kids openly talking about taking ket? It's not like smoking a joint at a party or something. Also sorry but I actually can't bring myself to ever type marfa instead of Martha like it bleeping sets my teeth on edge 😂
A lot of people on TikTok do - can only assume that they're so stuck in the bubble of privilege that they think it's cool and dangerous? It's the whole appeal of the 'gangster lifestyle' with the difference of having a support system and ready money to fund the habit...

An account called alan bones follows her, so does ruby. Not sure why anyone is ok with that behaviour. I noticed she also deleted a lot of the videos of her and her flatmates trashing their flat smh

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
A lot of people on TikTok do - can only assume that they're so stuck in the bubble of privilege that they think it's cool and dangerous? It's the whole appeal of the 'gangster lifestyle' with the difference of having a support system and ready money to fund the habit...
Out of all of the people at uni I knew who took drugs, the only ones I knew who were very public about it were privileged Martha types. I think there also has to be an element of privilege there to assume that you can post about it publicly and not have to worry about the image of yourself that you're putting online. We know that the family is very wealthy and that Ruby and Martha have never had to go out and get a standard job, I don't know if it would even occur to Martha that this might effect her job prospects in the future as employment isn't really a thing she's ever had to worry about.

Reactions: 21
An account called alan bones follows her, so does ruby. Not sure why anyone is ok with that behaviour. I noticed she also deleted a lot of the videos of her and her flatmates trashing their flat smh
I think Martha's behaviour derives from the fact that she has never been disciplined by her parents for any of her antics. Hence why she posts this stuff without fearing the repercussions.

Stuff like flat-trashing really annoys me for some reason. Student flats are overpriced and crap but they're still someone else's' property, and you share a space with multiple people, so why would you want it to constantly look like a dump? I had flatmates who would break furniture when drunk and I was always worried that the staff who 'controlled' the halls would fine us - it was fine for them as they could afford it, but I (and another working-class girl) really couldn't spare the cash. It's super disrespectful, makes the place look worse, and shows a fair bit of entitlement tbqh. Just ruins the atmosphere for anyone who's not 'in on the joke', so to speak. :(

Thanks!

Why is she openly admitting to taking it?! Isn’t she afraid of law enforcement?! 😅
I don't think cops tend to patrol TikTok, judging by the sheer amount of people bragging about doing dodgy/illegal things on there (!!)

Reactions: 12
Thanks!

Why is she openly admitting to taking it?! Isn’t she afraid of law enforcement?! 😅
You’re never gonna get done for filming yourself admitting to taking ket, it’s just cringe and as other people have said, could be damaging to future job prospects

Stuff like flat-trashing really annoys me for some reason. Student flats are overpriced and crap but they're still someone else's' property, and you share a space with multiple people, so why would you want it to constantly look like a dump? I had flatmates who would break furniture when drunk and I was always worried that the staff who 'controlled' the halls would fine us - it was fine for them as they could afford it, but I (and another working-class girl) really couldn't spare the cash. It's super disrespectful, makes the place look worse, and shows a fair bit of entitlement tbqh. Just ruins the atmosphere for anyone who's not 'in on the joke', so to speak. :(

I don't think cops tend to patrol TikTok, judging by the sheer amount of people bragging about doing dodgy/illegal things on there (!!)
It’s just embarrassing, why would you wanna waste your money and ruin the place you have to live??? I wonder what ruby thought of that one

Reactions: 4
Wtf. Who trashes their own flat?? 😂 Honestly idk how anyone prefers Martha to Ruby. Ruby has her own issues sure but I find her middle class victorian fantasies far more tolerable than Martha's e girl bullshit. Her and her friends talking about Ruby's virginity was especially disgusting 🤮🤮

Reactions: 16
Wtf. Who trashes their own flat?? 😂 Honestly idk how anyone prefers Martha to Ruby. Ruby has her own issues sure but I find her middle class victorian fantasies far more tolerable than Martha's e girl bullshit. Her and her friends talking about Ruby's virginity was especially disgusting 🤮🤮
I wayyyy prefer Ruby, she may also be completely clueless of how privileged she is but at least she doesn’t act like a brat on social media

Reactions: 15
Yeah, at least Ruby seems to respect the place she's in! I find it hilarious that each girl fits a specific extreme (Ruby's prim, squeaky-clean Victoriana and Martha's super-edgy rebel act) - can only hope that they get less intense as they grow up.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for replying everyone! I didn’t know British law enforcement were so ... easy going?
I know a few people who definitely got on the radar for similar things here in Germany, but of course there could be more to it.

Still extremely stupid of her, tho.

Reactions: 3
This is Martha’s friends talking about taking Ruby’s virginity (4.20). Why would you leave that in the video?

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.