Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not even that she was only 17 when she wrote it. From what I remember it had spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, factual mistakes and I could go on and on. She didn't even bother to proofread it. I think she was so sure of herself and her amazing writing skills that she didn't care at all.
Also, my opinion might be wrong, but I've spent two years in a private school (it was a primary school and I hated it - I started misbehaving and my parents had it enough and kicked me out to public lol) and it was so f a k e. The teachers would praise everyone for every little thing. I had quite a wake up call when I eventually switched to a public school cause I had to work much harder to be seen by the teacher. I kind of suppose it was the same with Ruby - she was praised for every stupid little thing and believed she's some kind of a genius. Now I know not every private school is like that, it was just my personal experience and a possible reason why Ruby is so stuck up even tho not being very intelligent.
From having high-achieving friends go to private school and going to one (very briefly) myself, it really depends on the school environment. In some private schools it's all about those sweet, sweet funds (tm) and everyone is gifted & talented etc, but in other schools (especially all-girls) kids are pushed to their limits to win prizes and achieve high grades, hence the growing numbers of kids with mental health issues and burnout. If her parents praised and encouraged her for getting good marks at school, that probably made things even worse.

I saw a lot of people on the first year of my uni course trying to stand out and be original by "taking chances" on essays and they were all pretty privileged people who expected it to pay off by dint of them being special and naturally talented and I definitely see that in Ruby too.
Same here, and yet they were the ones who dropped out first and went off around the world instead!

Martha just reminds me of every girl I ever met at uni who pretended like they were working class and talks 'common' when in reality their parents paid their rent and they went home to their bleeping mini mansion for the Christmas break 😂
The kinda girl who bases her entire personality on Fila stompers, ket and rolling her own 'baccy' (yes i lived with posh Londoners in first year. yes, I hated it)

Mate it shocked me, I had people tell me they were jealous saying lucky you get free money from the government and I was like well you’re lucky you get free money off your parents? Dumb af. That money covers nothing either, it sounds like a lot but people have no idea how short of a way it actually goes
Exactly!! It was so frustrating to see richer kids in first and second year boast about spending their entire student loans in the first few months, or complaining about how little money they got. Meanwhile, at least 80% of my (maximum) loan was going on the rent for the crappy 5-person bedsit I shared, and barely went out because when my loan runs out, I'm basically unable to support myself longer than a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Theres so many websites offering this, this is one----
I saw someone do this on tiktok the other day, literally pay £25 for a tiny plot of protected land to become a Lord/Lady :ROFLMAO:

Edit - I didn't scroll down as see everyone else discussing it, agree it's tacky :ROFLMAO:
OT but if you go on the site and scroll down, there's a picture of Lorde (the singer) there and that's just so funny to me (apparently the bbc gifted her with a plot, so now she's Lady Lorde i guess)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Theres so many websites offering this, this is one----
I saw someone do this on tiktok the other day, literally pay £25 for a tiny plot of protected land to become a Lord/Lady :ROFLMAO:

Edit - I didn't scroll down as see everyone else discussing it, agree it's tacky :ROFLMAO:
😭 Me and my best friend did this for each other a couple of years ago as a joke, I wouldn’t take it seriously though.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I got my lady title as secret santa gift I got a free upgrade at Premier Inn once

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Martha will look back on this stage in her life 5-10 years from now and be so embarrassed.

not sure whether this is hilarious or just extremely cringe though
guarantee she will delete these in 2-3 years and cringe forever before falling asleep just thinking about it when she’s older

• Haha
Reactions: 6
guarantee she will delete these in 2-3 years and cringe forever before falling asleep just thinking about it when she’s older
I thought it was quite funny tbh 😂 their mum seems quite chill

Reactions: 5
Martha will look back on this stage in her life 5-10 years from now and be so embarrassed.

not sure whether this is hilarious or just extremely cringe though
Honestly every time a Martha video is posted here I feel like I become more of a fan. I know it's proper cringe to ask your mum what her favourite sex position is, but honestly good on Martha for feeling comfortable enough to ask! Also at the end of the video it's so jarring how fake posh Ruby's accent really is, compared to the rest of the family

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Honestly every time a Martha video is posted here I feel like I become more of a fan. I know it's proper cringe to ask your mum what her favourite sex position is, but honestly good on Martha for feeling comfortable enough to ask! Also at the end of the video it's so jarring how fake posh Ruby's accent really is, compared to the rest of the family
Idk, I can respect Martha's humour (it's really dumb and immature but her editing is funny, and she makes an effort) and her confidence, but she seems just as obnoxious as Ruby, albeit in the opposite direction personality-wise. Seems like she was compared too much to Ruby when she was younger so now she's trying to be a ~rebel~ by doing drugs etc? There are tons of people like this at every uni (mostly private school kids lmao) and I get that uni is a time to find yourself and develop a personality, but it's just cringeworthy to see upper-middle-class people acting like they've lived in a crack den? it's almost like a poverty cosplay with some people and it's just weird and uncomfortable?

Reactions: 25
Idk, I can respect Martha's humour (it's really dumb and immature but her editing is funny, and she makes an effort) and her confidence, but she seems just as obnoxious as Ruby, albeit in the opposite direction personality-wise. Seems like she was compared too much to Ruby when she was younger so now she's trying to be a ~rebel~ by doing drugs etc? There are tons of people like this at every uni (mostly private school kids lmao) and I get that uni is a time to find yourself and develop a personality, but it's just cringeworthy to see upper-middle-class people acting like they've lived in a crack den? it's almost like a poverty cosplay with some people and it's just weird and uncomfortable?
I much prefer Martha to Ruby. Evon though she's cringe as f (who wasn't at her age lol), at least she's more fun and open, contrary to goody two-shoes Ruby. And more importantly, she's better at editing and has more creative ideas than Ruby.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I’ve met too many irl marthas to be able to find her funny or likeable. Plus after that joke her and her mates were making about ‘taking ruby’s virginity’, I just think she’s a freak

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Martha will be that "I was crazy back then" vine in a few years lol. Try hard people make me cringe, spot on for saying that it's like poverty cosplay.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat
Yeah at the end of one of uni vlogs, she and her friends are hanging out and making crass af comments about Ruby and how they'd take her virginity but be gentle with her etc. It was gross. If my sibling's friends passed comments like that about me on camera and my sibling merrily put that on the internet for all to see, they'd all be enjoying a newly ripped set of arseholes.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Martha will be that "I was crazy back then" vine in a few years lol. Try hard people make me cringe, spot on for saying that it's like poverty cosplay.

Yeah at the end of one of uni vlogs, she and her friends are hanging out and making crass af comments about Ruby and how they'd take her virginity but be gentle with her etc. It was gross. If my sibling's frends passed comments like that about me on camera and my sibling merrily put that on the internet for all to see, they'd all be enjoying a newly ripped set of arseholes.
Yeah it was disgusting and literally in no way funny at all, marfas rank. I’m so sick of her bragging about doing ket on tiktok as well, like congratulations you’ve become the stereotypical rebel posh kid at uni and you’re literally doing the dirtiest drug you could possibly find. Enjoy the damage it does to your bladder mate, god I cannot stand people who brag about doing ket, it is pure cringe

Reactions: 23
Yeah it was disgusting and literally in no way funny at all, marfas rank. I’m so sick of her bragging about doing ket on tiktok as well, like congratulations you’ve become the stereotypical rebel posh kid at uni and you’re literally doing the dirtiest drug you could possibly find. Enjoy the damage it does to your bladder mate, god I cannot stand people who brag about doing ket, it is pure cringe
She brags about it? 😭 😂 Suits her trash act well I guess.

This is stupid and a little ot, but I feel the need to share as you guys are the only ones who could possibly understand 😂 I had a dream last night where one of the things that happened was Ruby borrowing my somewhat-new iPad. When she was finished, she carelessly tossed it on a nearby bed and it slid to the floor. It was unharmed, but I was furious with her and yelled at her, ”I GUESS IT’S FINE FOR YOU TO DESTROY MY STUFF, YOU NEVER PAID FOR ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE!!!” Then I literally woke up from the sheer rage I was feeling 😂 Poor Ruby, I’m a little stressed irl with work, but I guess my subconscious knew just which strings to pull 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m so glad when I was a cringey, edgy teenager smartphones weren’t a thing, and the proof of my embarrassing years are hidden in my hard drive for only my eyes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah at the end of one of uni vlogs, she and her friends are hanging out and making crass af comments about Ruby and how they'd take her virginity but be gentle with her etc. It was gross. If my sibling's friends passed comments like that about me on camera and my sibling merrily put that on the internet for all to see, they'd all be enjoying a newly ripped set of arseholes.
Okay I take back what I said up thread about liking Martha, that's fucked up

I’m so glad when I was a cringey, edgy teenager smartphones weren’t a thing, and the proof of my embarrassing years are hidden in my hard drive for only my eyes 🤣
Tell me about it! the most cringe thing was myspace which I had the sense of mind to delete

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.