Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grandmama mentions she hasn't always lived a morally perfect life - I wanted tea spilled on Grandmama's corrupt youth, but it goes as far as pinching her sister. They pick pinecones.
I wonder if grandmama has ever run through fields of wheat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Hermione also grows up to become more of a rebel? Like in the first book (as far as I remember) she follows the rules more strictly and being punished for breaking them is like the worst thing that could happen to her. But then in the following books out of the main trio she's the one constantly bending the rules and breaking them to do what she feels is right.

I feel like Ruby doesn't really get Hermione's character. Which is odd considering this is a children's book and it's pretty straightforward. Like Hermione literally spells out her character arc in the first book when she says that there are more important things than books.
She likes to stick to books 1 and 2 Hermione because she really doesn't like it when she grows up, matures, and eventually develops an attraction to Ron. Hermione in the first few books was an irritating little know it all teachers pet, it's too bad Ruby (having read the entire HP series) didn't see how she actually grows up and moves beyond correcting people and waving her hand in the air to bigger and better things. She's stuck the character in this idealised mold she's made in her own head where she never undergoes any character development, her old videos on Hermione were very strange like 'how to be like Hermione on a plane'. At least she has moved beyond Hermione and grown out of it, I still found it odd she would do 12 year old Hermione impressions as late as 17 or 18 years old.

Reactions: 17
Is it the norm in uk to keep photos in the bathroom?

I think Ruby need to shoot from better angles. Most of her photos are taken from a higher angle and that isn’t doing her any favours. I noticed her hair have gotten pretty long but it’s hard to notice when she looks like a hydrocephalus

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I would definitely find it disconcerting to have a bath with pictures of myself as a child watching on! I certainly have never had photos in my bathroom, but I don’t really know whether that’s representative of the uk more generally

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I would definitely find it disconcerting to have a bath with pictures of myself as a child watching on! I certainly have never had photos in my bathroom, but I don’t really know whether that’s representative of the uk more generally
I've never seen photos in the bathroom either.

Reactions: 8

I think Ruby need to shoot from better angles. Most of her photos are taken from a higher angle and that isn’t doing her any favours. I noticed her hair have gotten pretty long but it’s hard to notice when she looks like a hydrocephalus
It's so weird especially since bathroom is a really bad place for this kind of stuff because of the steam and possible mould :sick:

Reactions: 12
I’ve never seen photos in bathrooms but I have seen artwork like paintings or little signs. Surely the moisture would ruin a photograph anyway

I like the limescale around the tap

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

It’s not normal, most people don’t big bathrooms and don’t have the space on surfaces to put unnecessary items like pictures

Reactions: 2

nah man, this is weird. Photos belong on a dresser or a shelf somewhere, the bathroom’s for getting clean 🧽

Reactions: 8

I watched Ruby's bookshelf tour for the first time and I was struck by how many children's books she had on there (she said this was a shelf of her 'favourite books') and how many books that she admitted she hadn't even read, they just look pretty.

I find it hilarious that The Austere Academy is her favourite A Series of Unfortunate Events book. Ruby just loves a boarding school book, even if the boarding school is third rate and sinister 😂
bet she roots for Carmelita who got so horribly bullied by the baudelaires /s

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can we please talk about her wall with the collage of children's pictures? Does anyone else find it weird/concerning that she has a clear obsession with prepubescent children and young teens? I mentioned this before, but in her 10,000 words in a day video, she had this picture of a young Mackenzie Foy just sitting on her desk. Idk, as an adult, I wouldn't put pictures of children who I am not related to on my wall. I also mentioned this in another post, but this would be a huge red flag if an adult man were to have this for "aesthetic" purposes. Something about it rubs me the wrong way
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 12.01.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.56.31 AM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can we please talk about her wall with the collage of children's pictures? Does anyone else find it weird/concerning that she has a clear obsession with prepubescent children and young teens? I mentioned this before, but in her 10,000 words in a day video, she had this picture of a young Mackenzie Foy just sitting on her desk. Idk, as an adult, I wouldn't put pictures of children who I am not related to on my wall. I also mentioned this in another post, but this would be a huge red flag if an adult man were to have this for "aesthetic" purposes. Something about it rubs me the wrong way View attachment 414123View attachment 414108
To be fair older people used to do this. My (super ancient) grandma has several porcelains and artworks of children. I believe it was a weird fashion during late 50s.

Reactions: 7
Can we please talk about her wall with the collage of children's pictures? Does anyone else find it weird/concerning that she has a clear obsession with prepubescent children and young teens? I mentioned this before, but in her 10,000 words in a day video, she had this picture of a young Mackenzie Foy just sitting on her desk. Idk, as an adult, I wouldn't put pictures of children who I am not related to on my wall. I also mentioned this in another post, but this would be a huge red flag if an adult man were to have this for "aesthetic" purposes. Something about it rubs me the wrong way View attachment 414123View attachment 414108
I find it super weird too. It’s like she doesn’t identify as being an adult if her inspiration/aesthetic is images children from whatever style she’s interested in. I dunno about anyone else but as I’ve gotten older of I’ve wanted to look up outfit inspo for example I try to find images of people my age? I wouldn’t even consider looking at images of people significantly younger than me let alone children.

But that plays into what others have said about her wanting to embody a starving Victorian child. If I were her parents I’d have a word with her, all the signs are there that somethings not quite right idk

Reactions: 19
Can we please talk about her wall with the collage of children's pictures? Does anyone else find it weird/concerning that she has a clear obsession with prepubescent children and young teens? I mentioned this before, but in her 10,000 words in a day video, she had this picture of a young Mackenzie Foy just sitting on her desk. Idk, as an adult, I wouldn't put pictures of children who I am not related to on my wall. I also mentioned this in another post, but this would be a huge red flag if an adult man were to have this for "aesthetic" purposes. Something about it rubs me the wrong way
I think Ruby has an unhealthy obsession with childhood but I don’t believe in the slightest that there’s anything sinister about it. Ruby doesn’t want to grow up - she wants to be a child, not anything else.

Reactions: 37
I think Ruby has an unhealthy obsession with childhood but I don’t believe in the slightest that there’s anything sinister about it. Ruby doesn’t want to grow up - she wants to be a child, not anything else.
To be fair it’s still sort of worrying that she surrounds herself with so much child imagery, children’s books, acts like a child etc etc not sinister like you say but still concerning 😫

Reactions: 14
Yeah, you're right. It's not exactly sinister, but still odd.

Reactions: 6
It is strange, but then again my nans bedroom is full of angels, a lot of them babies/children, she thinks it’s super cute, I think it’s super tacky.
These pictures are weird though, they’re really not very sweet and the ginger kid in the bottom right looks angry af, not sure why you’d want it on your wall

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What on earth is the source of the bottom right photo of the miserable looking girl with red hair?

To be fair it’s still sort of worrying that she surrounds herself with so much child imagery, children’s books, acts like a child etc etc not sinister like you say but still concerning 😫
Lol! This is exactly what I was trying to say. I think it was because the imagery reminds me a lot of Vladimir Nabokov's nymphets in Lolita. Humbert Humbert also had an obsession with childhood, didn't he? Like he couldn't exactly grow up and continued his obsession with Annabel Leigh (reference to Edgar Allan Poe). Maybe that's why I felt weird about her collage. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.