Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was interesting that she was wearing 'normal' clothes when she filmed her outro - on a day that she wasn't expecting to film. This makes me suspect more & more that all her vintage/random collars/etc stuff is just for her Ruby Granger character.
And the hair in a bun! Like, what was that?

Reactions: 12
Really wish she would stop romanticising being tired, she's on about her eye bags again in her newest video, does she not realise that having eye bags is a bad sign? Rather than being a sign of hard work (I presume this is what she thinks) I think it just highlights that despite the fact she doesn't have any real responsibilities in her life, she's not capable of managing to meet her own basic needs. Not a good example to her younger viewers imo. Or maybe she thinks they're "aesthetic" and go well with her dark-acadaymia-victorian-waif vibe....
I don't get why she thinks it's "aesthetic". They are a novelty with which she'll push the "exhausted bookworm" look but as the proud owner of constant dark circles, I can confirm that nobody ever assumes I've just been busy with works of literature that are beyond their understanding lmao. They just ask why I look tired all the damn time. She had a great complexion, I wish she would stop praying for things that lose their charm (if they ever had any) after like 15 minutes.

Reactions: 13
She looked really pretty in the bun though! I think shorter hair and put up would suit her a lot better, but obviously that's her choice how she chooses to style it
yep, i always find at the start of her routine videos when shes still in her pyjamas and her hair is just down she looks so much put together and happier. i dont know if thats weird but what im trying to say is that when she gets 'dressed' in that aesthetic she has, and with the hairstyle etc i feel like it just takes everything away from her.

Reactions: 5
yep, i always find at the start of her routine videos when shes still in her pyjamas and her hair is just down she looks so much put together and happier. i dont know if thats weird but what im trying to say is that when she gets 'dressed' in that aesthetic she has, and with the hairstyle etc i feel like it just takes everything away from her.
Same. During the summer she often wore a simple zipped up sports top/jumper thing, and I personally thought she always looked better and more relaxed in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She gave a book a one star rating in goodreads! And said it felt too young for her!
Say, Roobee, how busy are you if you have time to keep up with everything that's said on here?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I thought it was interesting that she was wearing 'normal' clothes when she filmed her outro - on a day that she wasn't expecting to film. This makes me suspect more & more that all her vintage/random collars/etc stuff is just for her Ruby Granger character.
I now have a vision in my head of Ruby and Martha swapping personalities completely when they’re not filming ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I feel like her obsession with her clothing is just so exhausting (for her and for us). It's not unusual for people to dress up for videos (i.e. wear more makeup, do their hair etc.), but it just feels so... awkward (for want of a better word) when she does it. Also her frequent 'costume' changes per video suggests to me that her outfits aren't necessarily comfortable for sitting in for long periods when she's studying.

Reactions: 11
I think she suited her hair up, It made her look a bit more mature. Her long hair is pretty but without styling it, it can look a bit messy and I also think that she believes younger hair makes her look a bit younger.

Reactions: 10
She gave a book a one star rating in goodreads! And said it felt too young for her!
Say, Roobee, how busy are you if you have time to keep up with everything that's said on here?
It's strange that the one she's saying is too young for her (Looking For Celia) is actually a teen book (Amazon gives the reading age as 12-17) when she quite often reads things aimed at pre-teens (David Walliams / Jacqueline Wilson etc.)? Hopefully it means her tastes are finally maturing.

Reactions: 4
She also gave Anne of the Island 5 stars and made sure to mention it was her favorite Anne book, which ”captured the wistful sorrows of growing up.” Which is actually a good way to describe it. I hope she gets all the way up to Rilla of Ingleside, that’s my actual favorite of the books.

Reactions: 3
okay was not even 25% in Erimentha Parker's to do list and i am sad that (it seems) Erimentha (Ruby) thinks that girls who loves girly things aka make up and glitter are not intellectual or bookworms. I just find it sad. Because honestly you can do both.

Also, can i just like say that i HATED how Erimentha poses herself as not like other girls just because of the reason that she loves books, doesn't do makeup and doesn't like glitter, doesn't like to listen to pop songs and etc.? I mean just the basic description which i have said sounds to be like a person with a sad lonely life.

okay was not even 25% in Erimentha Parker's to do list and i am sad that (it seems) Erimentha (Ruby) thinks that girls who loves girly things aka make up and glitter are not intellectual or bookworms. I just find it sad. Because honestly you can do both.

Also, can i just like say that i HATED how Erimentha poses herself as not like other girls just because of the reason that she loves books, doesn't do makeup and doesn't like glitter, doesn't like to listen to pop songs and etc.? I mean just the basic description which i have said sounds to be like a person with a sad lonely life.

also i'm sorry if this sounds wonky. my first language is not english hoho

Reactions: 17
to the people who asked for an update on my assignment,
i just got it back and i had a 58. (this is my first ever academic essay i am a first year student) and there was no mention of my high turnitin score lol.

with how ruby dresses, most of her outfits do not look comfy to sit in and study in. kinda like costumes.
it really makes me wonder if her whole aesthetic is an act for the camera, even down to dressing up. as someone mentioned on here, in the outro she was wearing a 'everyday normal/basic' outfit.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
i just got it back and i had a 58. (this is my first ever academic essay i am a first year student) and there was no mention of my high turnitin score lol.

with how ruby dresses, most of her outfits do not look comfy to sit in and study in. kinda like costumes.
it really makes me wonder if her whole aesthetic is an act for the camera, even down to dressing up. as someone mentioned on here, in the outro she was wearing a 'everyday normal/basic' outfit.
My first academic essay after a 12 year break was 56 - well done! Take the feedback and apply it to your next work. You will only improve from here :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To reassure you- we do look at the turnitin scores, so it's down to our judgement if there's something to be worried about and in this case your marker said "no I'm happy with what I see".

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’d love it if A Song of Ice and Fire (GOT) popped up on her goodreads someday! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.