Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looked really pretty in the bun though! I think shorter hair and put up would suit her a lot better, but obviously that's her choice how she chooses to style it
I think it really suited her - a high bun would look lovey, she does have pretty, thick, hair. Also way more practical for studying! I can't work with my hair down- even if I start with it down i stick it up for one report writing.

Reactions: 8
Also, can i just like say that i HATED how Erimentha poses herself as not like other girls just because of the reason that she loves books, doesn't do makeup and doesn't like glitter, doesn't like to listen to pop songs and etc.? I mean just the basic description which i have said sounds to be like a person with a sad lonely life.
^^^ Late to the thread as usual, but honestly so many young girls (myself included) were like this growing up, because people love to hate on anything girls/women/femmes do and pit them against each other. Most of us grow out of it though, and if we write entire books about it, we eventually realize how misogynistic our characters are and take the book off of Amazon ;)

Side note: I just remembered I used to LOVE the Glitter Girls books in primary school and was deathly afraid of my classmates finding out, precisely because people like Erimentha would judge me and destroy my "tomboy" street cred lmao

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not been here for ages, work has been busy/life has been busy (believe it or not, it being bloody lockdown!), but I just came here to vent about Ruby's latest vlog - firstly, making such a big deal about feeling ill and saying she's really tired and just needs a rest, then in the next breath, "as luck would have it..." there's more work to do. How is this lucky if you're feeling poorly? It shows that unhealthy obsession with being "productive" again. I know she maintains that she enjoys studying but even the most productive of people need to have an occasional break and study, however much you enjoy it, and busywork just to look productive, isn't self care in any form. Whether she was poorly or just overtired or upset by the Holocaust memorial ad kickback we'll never know, but being "productive" isn't the answer. And being "slightly late" (i.e. a minute early) is not the end of the world. Does anyone else deliberately join zooms/teams/google meet etc calls a few minutes late (unless I am running them of course) so they don't have to make small talk through a screen with random people or is that just me?!

Reactions: 24
Does anyone else deliberately join zooms/teams/google meet etc calls a few minutes late (unless I am running them of course) so they don't have to make small talk through a screen with random people or is that just me?!
Ha ha yes!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not been here for ages, work has been busy/life has been busy (believe it or not, it being bloody lockdown!), but I just came here to vent about Ruby's latest vlog - firstly, making such a big deal about feeling ill and saying she's really tired and just needs a rest, then in the next breath, "as luck would have it..." there's more work to do. How is this lucky if you're feeling poorly? It shows that unhealthy obsession with being "productive" again. I know she maintains that she enjoys studying but even the most productive of people need to have an occasional break and study, however much you enjoy it, and busywork just to look productive, isn't self care in any form. Whether she was poorly or just overtired or upset by the Holocaust memorial ad kickback we'll never know, but being "productive" isn't the answer. And being "slightly late" (i.e. a minute early) is not the end of the world. Does anyone else deliberately join zooms/teams/google meet etc calls a few minutes late (unless I am running them of course) so they don't have to make small talk through a screen with random people or is that just me?!
Yup I check how many people are in and if it's just 1-2 or no one I wait a bit more lol (unless it's a small meeting).
She loves to show off how tired she is and her eyebags which is very detrimental for her viewers. I guess she's fishing for compliments on her productivity. Honestly I bet most people here have 10x more work than her in a day and don't have a need to show off how productive they are to the whole world.

Reactions: 10
Yup I check how many people are in and if it's just 1-2 or no one I wait a bit more lol (unless it's a small meeting).
She loves to show off how tired she is and her eyebags which is very detrimental for her viewers. I guess she's fishing for compliments on her productivity. Honestly I bet most people here have 10x more work than her in a day and don't have a need to show off how productive they are to the whole world.
THIS! Last week (week before perhaps, they're all merging into one at the moment!) we were down to three members of staff from our usual 8 in our year groups thanks to covid, so all doing at least double the work. I am QUITE sure we had eyebags Ruby would be proud of. BUT, we wouldn't be wearing them as a badge of honour. We'd just get on with it because that is what we needed to do. Nobody said how amazingly productive we were. We didn't even say how amazingly productive we were, but we had to be and must have been because the kids all understood their learning and we still got everything done! She just doesn't "get" what life is really like does she?

EDIT: not fishing for compliments on my own productivity! Just making a point...

• Heart
Reactions: 4
”As luck would have it” is an idiom that actually means the opposite of lucky. ”I was going to wash my hair today... as luck would have it, we had no hot water.”

of course, any sensible, non-productivity-obsessed person would still have taken a freaking break.

Reactions: 12
”As luck would have it” is an idiom that actually means the opposite of lucky. ”I was going to wash my hair today... as luck would have it, we had no hot water.”
Apparently (according to the interwebs) it can mean either fortunately or unfortunately? Who knows what Ruby meant though.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else deliberately join zooms/teams/google meet etc calls a few minutes late (unless I am running them of course) so they don't have to make small talk through a screen with random people or is that just me?!
Oh wow I'm so glad this isn't me 😂 I always join class when I can see a few other people are already in the meeting so I don't have to make awkward small talk with my tutor haha

Apparently (according to the interwebs) it can mean either fortunately or unfortunately? Who knows what Ruby meant though.
Yeah I've never thought of it as having an ironic meaning unless somebody specifically said it sarcastically. I can't really see Ruby saying it (or anything) sarcastically or ironically, so I'd guess she really meant it

Reactions: 4
Yeah I've never thought of it as having an ironic meaning unless somebody specifically said it sarcastically. I can't really see Ruby saying it (or anything) sarcastically or ironically, so I'd guess she really meant it
I’ve never heard it used unironically, and much as we like to mock Ruby for her foibles, I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume she’s capable of mild irony like most of humankind is 😂

Reactions: 6

of course, any sensible, non-productivity-obsessed person would still have taken a freaking break.
I’ve heard it used both ways, usually sarcastically tbf but I’ve defo heard it used when talking about good luck as well

Reactions: 5
I came across a video where she was going to the library and she does so many unnecessary things. Making whole lists before going to do her work, why make yourself do so much.

Reactions: 3
Omg so glad to have stumbled across this thread... there‘s always been something uneasy about ruby, she comes across so fake, so so pretentious and weirdly cutesy, and people seem to lap it up :sick:

Reactions: 11
To actually mention something I enjoy seeing her doing (what is language, sorry, it's late :D), I actually am impressed with her gymnastic skills and would like to see more of that. Not in the kind of productivity-fetish ways she showed in previous videos, obsessing about the absurd amount of time, but talking how she came to do it and show stuff she learned or show how she takles new things. It's a cool hobby, I think.

(I mean, still Ruby being Ruby she doesn't do it in a club at university, but in her spacious privat garden - but still. It's something else than writing to do lists or rereading children's book.)

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.