Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cant be arsed to go back and quote a relevant post in the thread, but has anyone mentioned that Ruby and Blakeney were sharing a bed on their trip to that hotel? At 18:11, you can see that the sofa bed is clearly unused, while the regular bed has been slept in on both sides.

I don't think they are necessarily together, but I am just a bit surprised none of the sapphic speculators have mentioned it.

Also, very surprised we have seen almost no mention of the Oxford Bird and Blend store? It's a great little shop, I always visit it when I'm in the city for a cup of tea.
That's pretty normal. For class trips in school we would share a hotel room with 2 queens and it was 2 people to a bed. We got to pick roommates, but they had to be of the same gender. If you didn't have enough friends going on the trip you ended up sharing a queen with a random person of the same gender, but it wasn't a big deal because it was high school, so usually you knew the person, just not very well.
---
Obviously we are here to talk about every part of Ruby's life because she's the one editing this trash and putting it out there in search of money, but since it's so clear that Blakeney isn't trying to be in the public eye I feel like it is unfair to speculate about things that she might not want to be broadcasted to everyone.
Is it clear? Most friends of influencers don't allow themselves to be filmed or photographed and posted publicly if they don't want to be in the public eye. I feel like if Blakeney had a problem with people online knowing and talking about her we wouldn't know her name to begin with.

Reactions: 3
That's pretty normal. For class trips in school we would share a hotel room with 2 queens and it was 2 people to a bed. We got to pick roommates, but they had to be of the same gender. If you didn't have enough friends going on the trip you ended up sharing a queen with a random person of the same gender, but it wasn't a big deal because it was high school, so usually you knew the person, just not very well.
---

Is it clear? Most friends of influencers don't allow themselves to be filmed or photographed and posted publicly if they don't want to be in the public eye. I feel like if Blakeney had a problem with people online knowing and talking about her we wouldn't know her name to begin with.
But if there were two beds in a room for two people like the previous commenter said, I would think it's weird to choose to share a bed for no reason and leave the other untouched, unless there was more going on. If there is only one bed available obviously it's a different situation.

Reactions: 8
I feel like she's smiling so hard/grimacing so that we can all appreciate her dimple.

Im happy to start crowdfunding for a bleeping hair cut for this woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
In her IG story where she’s recording herself donating to charity (so she can’t be accused of not doing it 🤣) she has a tab open for an Oxford DPhil 👀. I’m not sure what the deadlines are like for PhD but surely she would know by now if she’s going…? So what do we think? Has she already got an offer from Oxford? Is she taking a gap yaahr and applying for 2025/2026? I feel like if she had a PhD offer from somewhere else she wouldn’t be looking at the Oxford one.

View attachment 2935304
I'm a bit behind so this might have been answered, but those e:vision tabs are the Oxford applicant portal!

Reactions: 3
Looking more and more unhinged
It is actually sad to see that someone whose younger self had grand plans, seemed to have some form of identity along with her "borrowed" ones, now has so little sense of self and is so behind in development that she has succumbed to an ED and this kind of behavior. I cannot begin to tell you how sick I am of her selfies, forced or otherwise, as it is all body checking and ego-inflating. I started watching her because of the term "revision" which is so different from basic studying in the US, and have pretty much left off watching her. I have no interest in watching her anymore. I never expected to see someone attend Oxford be so incredibly boring.

Reactions: 12
It is actually sad to see that someone whose younger self had grand plans, seemed to have some form of identity along with her "borrowed" ones, now has so little sense of self and is so behind in development that she has succumbed to an ED and this kind of behavior. I cannot begin to tell you how sick I am of her selfies, forced or otherwise, as it is all body checking and ego-inflating. I started watching her because of the term "revision" which is so different from basic studying in the US, and have pretty much left off watching her. I have no interest in watching her anymore. I never expected to see someone attend Oxford be so incredibly boring.
I just rewatched one of the first videos I saw when I first discovered her, shortly before the pandemic hit. She was super into exercising and had a whole disclaimer about how ”I would normally eat more than this, but I was feeling ill 🥺”. She’s been this way for a long time, she’s just gotten slightly more polished over the years, and no one’s commenting on the body checking any more, even though it’s obvious she uses an elongating filter in much of her footage to look thinner.

Reactions: 9
I just rewatched one of the first videos I saw when I first discovered her, shortly before the pandemic hit. She was super into exercising and had a whole disclaimer about how ”I would normally eat more than this, but I was feeling ill 🥺”. She’s been this way for a long time, she’s just gotten slightly more polished over the years, and no one’s commenting on the body checking any more, even though it’s obvious she uses an elongating filter in much of her footage to look thinner.
Right, but if you go way back, to when she was still an underclassman, still being Hermoine Granger and basically the start of her channel and first several years, she did not behave in any way that even hinted at an ED. Something along the way, when she started getting clothing companies sponsoring her, things changed. Also when she stopped the bangs (fringe) and grew it out. It is almost like she completely lost confidence in herself, or what little she had, and everything spiraled after that.

Some thoughts on Blakeney -

I haven't watched the video but if the only other bed was a sofa bed, maybe it was less comfy so they decided to share the nicer bed

I agree that she's not actively seeking the limelight, but feel that she grudgingly puts up with being plastered all over Ruby's social media in exchange for friendship/gifted outings

I honestly get the vibe that Blakeney is more of a mum figure to Ruby, but maybe that's just me being naive 😂

Also, Ruby if you're reading this, PLEASE get a haircut lol

1000066203.jpg

• Heart
Some thoughts on Blakeney -

I haven't watched the video but if the only other bed was a sofa bed, maybe it was less comfy so they decided to share the nicer bed

I agree that she's not actively seeking the limelight, but feel that she grudgingly puts up with being plastered all over Ruby's social media in exchange for friendship/gifted outings

I honestly get the vibe that Blakeney is more of a mum figure to Ruby, but maybe that's just me being naive 😂

Also, Ruby if you're reading this, PLEASE get a haircut lol

View attachment 2952212
Ruby honestly looks like a child in comparison to the other girls in the photo. I am not sure if it is the unfortunate pose that she is in and the state of her hair and clothes, as she looks so unkept. It looks as if she is the younger sister who has been allowed to tag along with her older sister and her friends.

I get the vibe that Ruby is obsessed with Blakney is because she is effective, a 'cooler' version of herself with how they have similar interests but Blakney has accomplished more and is less sheltered. I get the vibe of the trope of a nerdy or unpopular person getting befriended by a popular person when it comes to Ruby's behavior towards Blakney. I do wonder in a way, Ruby has been inspired by this from her children's and young adult books that she reads.It wouldn't surprise me if Ruby would reenact bits from books into her own friendships as she does the identities of characters.

I can imagine that Blakney 'looks after' Ruby socially as well. I don't know if this is me projecting but I do get the vibe based on my friendships as a ND person. I had a few friends, usually one main friend, who would be the main person I interacted with even in a friend group and helped me navigate the social interactions.
Ruby does have other friends that come up in content, but she does make it clear that Blakney is her favourite person in comparison and that she values her friendship than others. It must be strange for her other friends hearing Ruby gush about one friend and then not say anything or barely mention you. I feel as if I would be upset by that, but that's just me.

Reactions: 13
I'm guessing Ruby's really long unkempt hair is to make her head and body look small in comparison? It's revolting, never looks clean and needs a good cut.

Reactions: 1
I'm guessing Ruby's really long unkempt hair is to make her head and body look small in comparison? It's revolting, never looks clean and needs a good cut.
I always thought to keep a more childlike appearance with the unkempt hair, like her hair is messy as if she has been playing all day etc., or is it a bit of another 'I'm not like other girls,' thing by not being interested in her appearance and instead focuses on her studies instead. I think that it might be Ruby's attempt to look unusual and it goes along with her quirky fashion sense.

Most likely, I think that Ruby thinks that if she wears her hair down, that is enough when it comes to styling it and looking presentable. She might be too lazy to get it cut and look after it. Long hair can be lovely but you need to look after it and get the ends trimmed. If she got the odd haircut, her hair would look less bristley and scruffy.

Why is everyone replying to me equating sharing a bed when the room is at reasonable sleeping capacity with sleeping in the same bed in a room with the capacity for at least 4 people? This is very odd indeed. Very peculiar. Very very absurd, almost.

Can everyone planning to quote me on this take 5 seconds to think "is the scenario I am describing from my life actually relevant, or am I again talking about an instance where the room is at capacity and bed sharing is necessitated?"

Sharing a bed in a room where you have the capacity to not do so is very intimate and close. Not necessarily sexually, but I think it is good evidence that Ruby and Blakeney are actually very close friends. People here accuse Blakeney of only showing up when it's a gifted thing, but unless you are accusing Ruby of being actually physically coercive, so Blakeney has been forced to share a bed with her, then its clear they are actually friends.

Reactions: 15
please Ruby, even just 1/3 off would look so much healthier!! I don't know, when I cut my hair after I graduated high school it was liberating in a way. I used to always have long hair but never again, plus I find it actually takes less upkeep!! But she definitely looks younger there, appearance-wise still very much the age of the other people but by her style and stance, very juvenile and unfortunately, I can attest to her behaviours still resembling ED patterns, especially the way she films food. It's not unlike my own behaviours when I'm going through a bad patch with mty own ED

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So what do we think of her new morning routine? I mean, its the same as always, tbh. Lots of ads, too.
Even though I was slightly shocked, that the chose to listen to music while brushing her teeth.
Also, I thought from her last video, she really starts her day with writing. However, now its work for Youtube? I'm confused.
Besides from all that, I am quite curious about her thesis, considering she needs a book about psychoanalysis.

Reactions: 6
So what do we think of her new morning routine? I mean, its the same as always, tbh. Lots of ads, too.
Even though I was slightly shocked, that the chose to listen to music while brushing her teeth.
Also, I thought from her last video, she really starts her day with writing. However, now its work for Youtube? I'm confused.
Besides from all that, I am quite curious about her thesis, considering she needs a book about psychoanalysis.
It’s definitely telling that she won’t talk about her thesis, in spite of multiple people asking her in the comments of every video lately.

Also she filmed this video four weeks ago (on at least two different days, which for once she acknowledges instead of just pretending to have randomly changed her outfit), and was packing to go home… on a Monday? A mere week into the new tahrrm?

IMG_2890.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Hello, I'm back. Rumbster posted a new video to mark the day, and she immediately fucked up lol

She says she usually wakes up at 6, sometimes earlier if she has lots of things to do. So here she is, out of bed, ready to wash her face.

It's 07:53

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 20.00.18.png

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Also she filmed this video four weeks ago (on at least two different days, which for once she acknowledges instead of just pretending to have randomly changed her outfit), and was packing to go home… on a Monday? A mere week into the new tahrrm?
I've noticed she filmed several videos weeks ago but is only just beginning to upload them to YouTube. It's like she doesn't have a schedule of what videos she needs to upload at the right time as she shouldn't be uploading this video a month late and the fact she went back home a mere week into the new term is confirmation that she isn't enjoying herself at Oxford because if she was she would not been needing to go home 1 week into Trinity Term.

Reactions: 7