Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would also like to add that years and years ago, Ruby, herself, said many people have asked her if she is autistic and she outright said she is not. Also, I don't remember her bouncing off the walls when she was younger and filming videos for her channel. See her early ones. A show off, yes, boaster, brat, yes. But she didn't post herself stretching her smile until her lips look like they will split. She didn't film herself spinning in fields or lying down in her yard in a nightgown as a grown woman, or literally bouncing off the walls because she was with her "favourite person". So, either she lied to us, which I don't think she did, or, as I said, she is just weird!

I have numerous friends who are autistic, various degrees on the spectrum, each one quite different. But none of them feel shame nor deny it. Those who were diagnosed early are very used to it, those who were diagnosed later on were relieved as it explained some of their feelings and behaviour that they themselves were concerned about. In fact, I have found them eager to share it with me, so I understand their boundaries, abilities, and challenges. Many of us, here on this forum, have agreed that if Ruby was on the spectrum and told people, many would be more understanding and supportive of her. It would explain a lot. But she isn't. Her own words.

I firmly believe she picked up these bizarre behaviours from other YouTubers, as most of her actions are (the claw, for example), because she seems at a loss for who she really is, what her own personality is. She is constantly mimicking others, picking up other people's behaviour, copying other people's videos for ideas, etc.. It is childish and one that stems from lack of self-identity. She has spent a lifetime focused so much on pretending and aesthetics from social media, that she hasn't the slightest idea who she is or will be. At this rate she will still be trying on "identities" until she is in her grave. Anne of Green Gables, Coraline, Matilda, A Little Princess, Emily Dickinson, and so on. But never Ruby Bones. Ruby Bones doesn't even exist in her mind. I wonder what she would be like, if she didn't have access to social media? I would imagine she would do as she did as a child. Mimic people in movies. Hermoine Granger. Ruby Granger. There you go. Perfect proof. And now at 24 years she still clings to the Granger name. So does her mother. I see where she gets it from. A pity neither of them can just be content with themselves.
That.

She was just as cringe as every teenager ever, just like we all were and it was normal. In a different way, but when she was copying Hermione or Lisa, some of us were trying to imitate celebrities or other fictional characters so in a certain way, she was just having her own models.

Reactions: 3
I had to leave the video after she talked about the various "flavours" of deodorant. You don't eat deodorant. You wear it. It has various "scents" or "fragrances." How on earth did she ever get into Oxford when she can't even use basic terminology? I mean, this is so obvious and so embarrassing for the company to find her describing their product incorrectly. When companies keep sending dimwits like this products to review, I can only think less of the company and not want to buy from them, rather than order from them.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She has to commit more to the absurdism, or it doesn't work. If I can't tell if it's just classic scatter brained Ruby when she went off to look for bees in the rain (an act I assume she crafted for the absurdism) then that's a bit of a problem.

Reactions: 7
I think what is the most jarring to me about those "poetic" voiceovers she does in every. single. video. is how she doesn't fully seem to commit to it. I'm not sure if it's her cadence or if it's something else, but her voice when she speaks in that softer, almost child-like way, doesn't really seem to work with what she's trying to portray. If she'd embody what saying, no twirling in the grass or cut-off words because she's speaking so softly it barely comes out as a whisper, but maybe some more cinematic shots of things with better videography and more pronounced tone, it might come across better. Something about the way she's approaching it seems rather juvenile at best.

Also, her Oxford videos seem to really follow the same formula; Waterstones, Radcliffe Camera, another bookstore, eating a tiny portion of something either very bland or very sweet, another library to show how much she studies and back isolating in her room. It's a shame to see she really hasn't seemed to grasp Oxford by its horns as it's been her dream for a good while. She could have so many opportunities to meet people or to make connections but she seems to just run back home at every opportunity that she gets.

And yes, I've definitely noticed her replies to criticism have that passive-aggressive energy that really doesn't seem to align with the "very sweet and articulate girl" she tries to portray herself as, especially when a lot of the mistakes are ones you wouldn't expect a student such as herself to be making.

Reactions: 15
"HALLO, MOIY NYAME IS RYOOBEE AND OIY JANUINELY LOFF STODDYING MWOAR THAN ANNIETHING. IT NAVVER FEELS LOIYKE WAHHRK BECOSS OIY'M AWWHLWHEYS ENJOYING IT, HONNASTLEEEEE!"

Ruby while studying:

View attachment 2931800
There's psycho and there's the ultimate psycho face. Ruby is something further down the line, on her merry way to Arkham.

Reactions: 1
I usually don't hear her weird accent as much as you guys do on here (maybe bc english is not my first language) but that part when she was speaking about editing her thesis... I thought if she says TAXT one more time I'll stick a pencil in my eye. Idk why but that was the moment I could fully hear how fake and forced her pronunciation is for some words 😭😭

Also, the Lewis Carroll persona is so far my least favourite one. I think I even preferred the Victorian housemaid over this

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I usually don't hear her weird accent as much as you guys do on here (maybe bc english is not my first language) but that part when she was speaking about editing her thesis... I thought if she says TAXT one more time I'll stick a pencil in my eye. Idk why but that was the moment I could fully hear how fake and forced her pronunciation is for some words 😭😭

Also, the Lewis Carroll persona is so far my least favourite one. I think I even preferred the Victorian housemaid over this
Yeah at least the Victorian housemaid didn't creep me out with their quirky sleep paralysis demon attitude

• Haha
Reactions: 8
In her IG story where she’s recording herself donating to charity (so she can’t be accused of not doing it 🤣) she has a tab open for an Oxford DPhil 👀. I’m not sure what the deadlines are like for PhD but surely she would know by now if she’s going…? So what do we think? Has she already got an offer from Oxford? Is she taking a gap yaahr and applying for 2025/2026? I feel like if she had a PhD offer from somewhere else she wouldn’t be looking at the Oxford one.

IMG_1849.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I feel like if she had a PhD offer from somewhere else she wouldn’t be looking at the Oxford one.
The aesthetic of academia appeals to Ruby more than being an academic, so I think Ruby wouldn't accept a PhD offer from anywhere other than a top university.

Reactions: 21
We should all sign up and mess up the stats … (I’m joking, obvs)
I mean there’s a reason we watch these videos. I don’t like to admit it, but the truth is, if I was just watching Roobee for the sole purpose of hating on her… I wouldn’t. Clearly I’m getting something out of it, so in that sense, I’d definitely qualify for the survey.

Reactions: 9
Just caught up on the thread and her latest videos and good lord she is so boring now, bring back the how to be like Hermione on an airplane videos

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In her IG story where she’s recording herself donating to charity (so she can’t be accused of not doing it 🤣) she has a tab open for an Oxford DPhil 👀. I’m not sure what the deadlines are like for PhD but surely she would know by now if she’s going…? So what do we think? Has she already got an offer from Oxford? Is she taking a gap yaahr and applying for 2025/2026? I feel like if she had a PhD offer from somewhere else she wouldn’t be looking at the Oxford one.

View attachment 2935304
e-vision is the application portal so she is applying! If she is self funding, applications may still be open...

Reactions: 14
But she seems miserable in Oxford... Is she really signing up for more? 😱
I was miserable at uni too and I signed up to do a masters....

Anything to avoid getting a real job 😉

But also I think ruby wants or needs to appear academic and intelligent and doing a PhD would feel into that.

Reactions: 29
The English PhD option at Oxford expects a Distinction for her Masters, which ain't happening.

Realistically, given how uncharacteristically quiet she's been about her grades, how much she's vague-posted about bad mental health days around grading time and how much she's struggled to even come up with coherent, acceptable essay thesis questions on her own, I'd be shocked if she graduated with anything above a pass.

And if by some miracle she got in, she'd have to be an unfathomably dumb glutton for punishment to blow another £30-50,000+ on a degree she doesn't need and won't use, for something she has no genuine interest in. Her Masters has been an ego-crushing experience for her and she's been too out of her depth and miserable to exploit the superficial appeal of it for content, which was the only real reason she wanted to go. A PhD would be tougher for longer.

At least if she got a real job, they'd pay her to be hopelessly miserable doing something she dislikes while having to spend time away from her mummy.

Reactions: 24