Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh goody, another ”slightly absurd” vlog. The official sponsor is Wild, but I’m about 5 minutes in and so far there have been cameos by Crosstown and Ramadee Kombyoocha.
Not to mention an extended undeclared ad/gift-begging segment for POSHKIN PRASS, who've gifted her books before.

Just 20 minutes of undeclared ads, fake affectations and ED habits. The only genuinely funny bit of "OBSAAAHRD" nonsense was completely unintentional: Her freckles magically appearing again after she slaps some face cream on.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ll never understand her choice in glasses. Just hideous!
I agree. I am sure everyone has to pick what they feel most comfortable with, but hers are so massive on her face, too heavy, and she is forever pushing them up as they are sliding down below her nose and cheekbones. She looks like a frog that just emerged from the mud with bulbous eyes staring out at the world in utter confusion. So, I guess they are fitting for her personality?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ll never understand her choice in glasses. Just hideous!
To each their own, but as a fellow wearer of glasses, I am not keen on Ruby's. She has petite features and they're very big glasses.

Her glasses make me think of Aisling from Derry Girls (who is a great character so this is not a diss!).

Aisling.jpg

Reactions: 8
In what way is it ableism?
Bouncing around and grimacing etc can mimic neurodiverse stimming, but many neurodiverse people don’t think of themselves as disabled so that statement in itself is problematic.

If the poster meant it wasn’t okay to laugh at Ruby doing that as it mimics learning disabled people, well Ruby isn’t learning disabled so it’s okay to say it looks weird 😆

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Bouncing around and grimacing etc can mimic neurodiverse stimming, but many neurodiverse people don’t think of themselves as disabled so that statement in itself is problematic.

If the poster meant it wasn’t okay to laugh at Ruby doing that as it mimics learning disabled people, well Ruby isn’t learning disabled so it’s okay to say it looks weird 😆
I would also like to add that years and years ago, Ruby, herself, said many people have asked her if she is autistic and she outright said she is not. Also, I don't remember her bouncing off the walls when she was younger and filming videos for her channel. See her early ones. A show off, yes, boaster, brat, yes. But she didn't post herself stretching her smile until her lips look like they will split. She didn't film herself spinning in fields or lying down in her yard in a nightgown as a grown woman, or literally bouncing off the walls because she was with her "favourite person". So, either she lied to us, which I don't think she did, or, as I said, she is just weird!

I have numerous friends who are autistic, various degrees on the spectrum, each one quite different. But none of them feel shame nor deny it. Those who were diagnosed early are very used to it, those who were diagnosed later on were relieved as it explained some of their feelings and behaviour that they themselves were concerned about. In fact, I have found them eager to share it with me, so I understand their boundaries, abilities, and challenges. Many of us, here on this forum, have agreed that if Ruby was on the spectrum and told people, many would be more understanding and supportive of her. It would explain a lot. But she isn't. Her own words.

I firmly believe she picked up these bizarre behaviours from other YouTubers, as most of her actions are (the claw, for example), because she seems at a loss for who she really is, what her own personality is. She is constantly mimicking others, picking up other people's behaviour, copying other people's videos for ideas, etc.. It is childish and one that stems from lack of self-identity. She has spent a lifetime focused so much on pretending and aesthetics from social media, that she hasn't the slightest idea who she is or will be. At this rate she will still be trying on "identities" until she is in her grave. Anne of Green Gables, Coraline, Matilda, A Little Princess, Emily Dickinson, and so on. But never Ruby Bones. Ruby Bones doesn't even exist in her mind. I wonder what she would be like, if she didn't have access to social media? I would imagine she would do as she did as a child. Mimic people in movies. Hermoine Granger. Ruby Granger. There you go. Perfect proof. And now at 24 years she still clings to the Granger name. So does her mother. I see where she gets it from. A pity neither of them can just be content with themselves.

Reactions: 14
She’s supposed to be doing a live study with me rn for charity but can’t get the stream to work…
edit: she started another live stream but now the charity link isn’t connected to that one 🙄 how is she so goddamn inept
How is she so bad at her job when she's been doing it for 10 years?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is this charity stream available anywhere to laugh at watch? I didn't see her post about it on YT or IG so what's the point of trying to do something for charity if there's no promotion? Hmm it's almost like she doesn't want to help at all

Reactions: 1
Two things that stood out to me from that video: when drinking from bottles or cans, Ruby doesn't purse her lips, just opens her mouth and it looks gross. And I'm pretty sure she said "100 pre cent".

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Two things that stood out to me from that video: when drinking from bottles or cans, Ruby doesn't purse her lips, just opens her mouth and it looks gross. And I'm pretty sure she said "100 pre cent".
With 'pre cent' I swear she must have mislearned that word years ago and it has stuck, like she cannot relearn the correct spelling or pronunciation. It's such a basic word too, how is she still saying it wrong? She's an Oxford Masters student...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is this charity stream available anywhere to laugh at watch? I didn't see her post about it on YT or IG so what's the point of trying to do something for charity if there's no promotion? Hmm it's almost like she doesn't want to help at all
It appeared on my recommended watch list so it's definitely out there!!

Reactions: 1
God, I was watching the rainy day blog, and after the first minute I was suprised to find myself enjoying her commentrary. She had a little sense of humor with the whole "Ruby, you love the rain so much that you even have pluviophile in your instagram bio, so why are you saying" -- cut to video ruby complaining it's not sunny. It wasn't lol funny, but it was a nice change. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

And then she started talking about cats buying umbrellas and pond donuts. And that was the end of that.

She is 100% using chatgpt to write these scripts.

Reactions: 15
To each their own, but as a fellow wearer of glasses, I am not keen on Ruby's. She has petite features and they're very big glasses.
I’ve worn glasses since I was little, and when I was younger my mum couldn’t afford the fancy glasses for me so I was always stuck with the hideous NHS glasses frames, which looked just like these. Ruby’s glasses give me flashbacks to having to wear those for years and years and years …

• Heart
Reactions: 12
bee spotting in the rain? don't worry, she's shown dead pinned ones instead...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Your comments about "pre cent" reminds me of this funny answer from Ruby a couple of years ago. She not only refuses to learn from others, she will passive aggressively use her go-to misunderstanding of Wittgenstein and sign it with a kiss haha. She really loves to learn Latin, doesn't she

Skjermbilde 2024-05-13 kl. 11.27.43.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
She complained about the rain because she got a antiperspirants AD to film that day... Sunny days give her a good introduction to the AD. Whatever, she finally chose a rainy day to film the AD hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Your comments about "pre cent" reminds me of this funny answer from Ruby a couple of years ago. She not only refuses to learn from others, she will passive aggressively use her go-to misunderstanding of Wittgenstein and sign it with a kiss haha. She really loves to learn Latin, doesn't she

View attachment 2932555
What an irritating reply! ''I've always said it the other way'' i.e. the wrong way. The 'x' at the end only makes her comment worse.

Reactions: 16

View attachment 2932555
Can't believe I've only just realised how bitchy she comes across in response to mild criticism! She reminds me of girls at school who'd treat passive-aggression as a hobby, always dealing out mean comments and acting shocked and hurt when someone politely told them it was nasty. Deep down I think she knows her knowledge is lacking, and compensates by sniping when anyone tries to call her out on it. True smart people don't do this, because there's no need to constantly prove something that's innate.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.