Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The livestream chat started off well, people talking about Dracula, Dickens and Children’s Novels without spouting off word salad. Majority of posts are about studying with a few confused people who were on the original link waiting for it to happen.
---
Ruby, there are a lot of people who were on the donation page just waiting for you to start even 40 minutes after 10am, there was nothing on that page to guide to here, we missed it all!

Nice one Ruby :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The messiness of scuffing up a charity livestream is unreasonably annoying to me :confused: Just a bit of organisation and effort would take her such a long way. Why does it all have to be so half-arsed? Surely it's not that difficult? We've seen her days, they're hardly jam-packed so she can take a few extra minutes to make sure people are donating properly if she really cares about the cause.

Reactions: 21
"university is simply the atomsphere, for Ruby she learns everywhere"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The messiness of scuffing up a charity livestream is unreasonably annoying to me :confused: Just a bit of organisation and effort would take her such a long way. Why does it all have to be so half-arsed? Surely it's not that difficult? We've seen her days, they're hardly jam-packed so she can take a few extra minutes to make sure people are donating properly if she really cares about the cause.
It's shameless really, but if she's not in a position to keep the money for herself, she'll put as little time and effort in as she can. She doesn’t care about any charitable causes.

No doubt her management dragged her towards doing a charity stream because there's been a big push on social media towards boycotting/deplatforming celebs and influencers who aren't openly supporting Palestine. It's a transparent tactical move to cover her ass, otherwise she wouldn't have bothered at all.

Reactions: 17
Are Best Western considered a good hotel in the UK? The hotel where she stayed with Blakney is pretty but it belongs to this chain. Here in the state they are usually pretty crappy so I was just wondering ...
Not really - they’re kind-of middling. Not as bad as Britannia but not usually brilliant. My heart sinks a bit when I get booked into one for work.

Reactions: 5
Um, I just don't know, um, what to, um, say, um, or, um, how to, um, express, um, myself, um, after, um, seeing, um, and listening, um, to this, um, video. Um...... I, um, am almost, um, as speechless, um, than Ruby. Um, I guess she, um, better, um, not go into teaching, um, or public speaking, um, or anything, um that means, um, talking, um, to others, um, in person, um, and, um, face to face. Um, because, um, she just, um, can't get, um, anything, um, or, um, herself, um, together.

Ladies and Gents. Oxford Masters Student. Give her a standing, um, ovation. Wtf was that?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh goody, another ”slightly absurd” vlog. The official sponsor is Wild, but I’m about 5 minutes in and so far there have been cameos by Crosstown and Ramadee Kombyoocha. Also she manages to have breakfast, go out for coffee (around 9:30), study at the LOIBREE, visit a bookstore, go out for donuts with a friend, go to the dining hall to discover they don’t have SYOUP that day, and come back to her room, all before 12:55. She has the attention span of a housefly.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Anyone else feel like Ruby is getting more pretentious? This latest vlog is near insufferable in how 'quirky' she's trying to be, coupled with various humblebrags about her diet.

"I have more cake forks than any other variety of fork" the manic pixie pick-me girl vibes are strong here 💀 painful reminders of trying to be twee and 'unique' as a tween in the 2010s (Tumblrcore era, iykyk)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
What's happening with the dissertation, doesn't that have to be in soon?
I would have thought it would be due in the next few weeks yet in her live stream this morning she said that she's only just submitting her first draft of her dissertation to her supervisor tomorrow which seems very late to me, yet I swear it isn't her first draft at all as I'm sure she's mentioned in a previous video that she has sent a draft to her supervisor before. I think her dissertation will be due in June considering Trinity Term finishes on the 15th of June and speaking from experience when I did my postgraduate degree my dissertation was due in June.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh goody, another ”slightly absurd” vlog. The official sponsor is Wild, but I’m about 5 minutes in and so far there have been cameos by Crosstown and Ramadee Kombyoocha. Also she manages to have breakfast, go out for coffee (around 9:30), study at the LOIBREE, visit a bookstore, go out for donuts with a friend, go to the dining hall to discover they don’t have SYOUP that day, and come back to her room, all before 12:55. She has the attention span of a housefly.
"slightly absurd" means "I want money from that sponsor but I don't know how to present their product so I'll do some nonsense and pretends it's poetic."
---
Ruby seems very childish when with Blakney and it is like she is constantly seeking her approval. I think that she was very much like this when she was with Jade as well in previous videos, and she seems very fawning over them. She is a bit like an overexcited puppy or someone who is very unpopular at school is suddenly befriended by a popular student, and she is desperate to keep the friendship or the other person liking her. I think that you would normally expect the friendship to mellow out over the years when it had become more established and solid, but Ruby still has this overexcited and fawning energy around Blakney.

She might also be this overexcited as she doesn't speak to many people in her course and she spends a lot of time on her own, and she is just so excited to see Blakney. She is very much like a flower which is suddenly exposed to sunlight when she is with Blakney. She always seems much more childish and energetic around her. She might always be like this but it is evident in comparison to Blakney who seems much more laid back and mature than Ruby.

I think that Ruby might be a bit tiring to be friends with. I had to remind myself that she was 24 this year and she still comes off as so young for her age, due to her personality and her clothing, especially the chunky shoes. I think that her immaturity and her constant need to show off her intelligence would be annoying in person and I do think that getting freebies do help people such as Blakney stay friends with her or want to spend time with her. I think that most people would be inclined to spend a bit of time with Ruby to get a free entry into a film premier or a book launch etc

I do wonder how she would cope if her and Blakney had an argument or stopped being friends, considering that Blakney is her most favourite person. Or what would happen in Blakney had changed her interests etc, especially as Ruby likes friends who are just like her.
She'd do like she always did: find a new person to "befriend"/stalk.
Remember a certain Ruby, who was her best friend back in her first videos? She even made gifts, trips with her, and a video to defend her against bullies. Then one day, she deleted all these videos and we never heard back from this Ruby. I tried to find her on Insta just to see and surprisingly, her profile was very HP but not a single post about Ruby or photo with her ( at least the ones I checked, I didn't watched the whole, but it was the period of the videos so...).
Then it was a blonde from her city I think who was her "best friend", she even came back from Exeter for her bday or something like that.
Two girls from Exeter vanished for various reasons.
Now it's Blakeley.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else feel that Ruby's dislike of Jane Austen is rooted in internalised misogyny? She is the mother of romance novels. She literally created the romance novelist blueprint and many of the tropes we romance readers love. Look, I get it, we're all entitled to our opinions of authors and I'd even go so far as to say I think Sense and Sensibility is Austen's weakest book due to the lack of conversational breaks in the narrative but honestly I'd never ever see her as anything less than a genius who was able to give so much with very little waffle or unnecessary expostulation. There is SO much depth in her books too that often gets ignored and Austen lays out the awful choices women had at the time and actually how miraculous that her female characters get to be people with agency, choices and a goddamn happy ending that very few people actually got to have. I can't help but feel that for Ruby, she sees this as weakness. Austen isn't seen as important by men. Men who run institutions and like important books about no man being an island or navel gazing while feeling like shuffling off the mortal coil. Love is weakness. Female desire is weakness. Happy endings are weakness. As long as there are lots of words and a man's need to dominate the academic space is preserved then all is well. I'm just reeling from Ruby's rejection of Austen to be honest. I don't understand why the story of a bookish, waspish, observant and very private genius who wrote the original "we don't fix men, they fix themselves or they can swivel" plot line has completely passed her by. I'm just...........incredulous....

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Ruby's constant need to express joy by grimacing and bouncing around makes me want to sit her in a corner and force her to take a time out. I think she has always been like this.
Long time lurker here, but I’ve had to break the habit to say this is so extremely ableist?? I’m shocked no one else has clocked it; can’t just be me being overly sensitive???

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else feel that Ruby's dislike of Jane Austen is rooted in internalised misogyny? She is the mother of romance novels. She literally created the romance novelist blueprint and many of the tropes we romance readers love. Look, I get it, we're all entitled to our opinions of authors and I'd even go so far as to say I think Sense and Sensibility is Austen's weakest book due to the lack of conversational breaks in the narrative but honestly I'd never ever see her as anything less than a genius who was able to give so much with very little waffle or unnecessary expostulation. There is SO much depth in her books too that often gets ignored and Austen lays out the awful choices women had at the time and actually how miraculous that her female characters get to be people with agency, choices and a goddamn happy ending that very few people actually got to have. I can't help but feel that for Ruby, she sees this as weakness. Austen isn't seen as important by men. Men who run institutions and like important books about no man being an island or navel gazing while feeling like shuffling off the mortal coil. Love is weakness. Female desire is weakness. Happy endings are weakness. As long as there are lots of words and a man's need to dominate the academic space is preserved then all is well. I'm just reeling from Ruby's rejection of Austen to be honest. I don't understand why the story of a bookish, waspish, observant and very private genius who wrote the original "we don't fix men, they fix themselves or they can swivel" plot line has completely passed her by. I'm just...........incredulous....
Ruby doesn't have discernible sense of humour, much less an appreciation of irony - without those she will never appreciate Austen. JA is also a wonderfully precise writer, who conveys meaning in economic prose; Ruby is a waffler and her literary tastes follow.

Reactions: 17
Her debate at the Oxford Union was also like this, full of "um-word-um-word-um-um-word"...how eloquent!

Reactions: 6
Long time lurker here, but I’ve had to break the habit to say this is so extremely ableist?? I’m shocked no one else has clocked it; can’t just be me being overly sensitive???
In what way is it ableism?

Reactions: 8
"HALLO, MOIY NYAME IS RYOOBEE AND OIY JANUINELY LOFF STODDYING MWOAR THAN ANNIETHING. IT NAVVER FEELS LOIYKE WAHHRK BECOSS OIY'M AWWHLWHEYS ENJOYING IT, HONNASTLEEEEE!"

Ruby while studying:

Untitled65756756 - Copy.png

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.