Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is so off topic but Marylebone does have an underground station but it's only the bakerloo line!! Paddington has a direct train to kings cross via the circle and Hammersmith & city lines which would explain the change in service too

Reactions: 7
this is so off topic but Marylebone does have an underground station but it's only the bakerloo line!! Paddington has a direct train to kings cross via the circle and Hammersmith & city lines which would explain the change in service too
Lol, brain is not braining. But when I read "underground knowledge" I was thinking of secret, subcultural, arcane knowledge. Not public transport. 🤣 Possibly because I've just been to a seminar on the British Rock Invasion of the 1960s. Definitely time to go home and have a quiet, relaxing weekend🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I can't believe she takes herself seriously while recording that cringe 'poetic' voiceover.
It's the worst. I also think it's 2x speed because her voice sounded higher pitched through a lot of the video.

I don't understand why she didn't go to Paris at the beginning of the Easter holidays instead of choosing to go the week before Trinity Term started as everything she did felt rushed and not very carefully planned out as she didn't book her meal at the Ritz until Monday which she went to the following day, she didn't see all of the paintings that she wanted to see at the Louvre and I don't think she visited all the places that she had planned to as she spent more time in coffee shops and bookshops rather than visiting famous Paris landmarks. I don't know how she had the time to put this trip in the week before term started because if it had been me I would have focused on researching and writing my dissertation instead of going on holiday.
In her previous vlog (the carrots in porridge one) Ruby said she'd decided to stay home and rest instead of travelling during her break. She must have changed her mind. Maybe got bored or something?

Reactions: 5
In her previous vlog (the carrots in porridge one) Ruby said she'd decided to stay home and rest instead of travelling during her break. She must have changed her mind. Maybe got bored or something?
I still think the trip to Paris was hastily arranged because for someone who claims that she is organised and plans things out everything she did still felt very rushed. I mean she seemed to spend more time in coffee shops and bookshops rather than deciding to visit famous Paris landmarks and when she did visit them i.e. the Louvre she didn't get to see all the paintings that she wanted to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
That's incredibly niche knowledge! You're not a trainspotter, are you? 🤣🤣🤣
No no, just I travel from Oxford to London fairly often (was there last weekend with my bf, saw rubes on the high street while I was wandering about actually) and I know that you don't get the train to or from Marylebone if you can avoid it, because it's slow, uncomfortable, and that station has bad transport links in London.
---
Ok you beat me there! I never use the Bakerloo.
---
I still think the trip to Paris was hastily arranged because for someone who claims that she is organised and plans things out everything she did still felt very rushed. I mean she seemed to spend more time in coffee shops and bookshops rather than deciding to visit famous Paris landmarks and when she did visit them i.e. the Louvre she didn't get to see all the paintings that she wanted to.
I read an interesting article in the New Yorker recently about this sort of landmark grabbing tourism, and I question the value of it as a practice. The gist of it was that the sort of tourism for that is going to a touristy place and doing touristy things because you're a tourist isn't really any sort of grandiose personal development task. Like, if you never engage with art back home, what is the point of going to the Louvre to see art? You don't have the skillset to pick it apart and appreciate it, and it isn't going to change you in any fundamental way to see it. You're probably not going to be more interested in art when you get home. If I go to Dubai and go to a falconry centre because it was suggested to me on TripAdvisor, what is the point? It doesn't develop you, it just gives you something to brag about having done. The argument of the article was that when you travel, you should travel with purpose other than being able to say to people that you've been there and done these things. If you're an artist, seeing the art in the Louvre in person makes sense.
Going to Paris because you want to go to Parisian bookshops and cafes is a perfectly valid way to spend your time, especially if you've been before. Ruby, however much reading she actually does, clearly likes being in bookshops, so her going abroad to bookshops makes sense.

Edited Addition: it does seem like a slightly hastily organised trip though, you are right.

Last edited:
Int he last ten minutes of the vlog she changes personality, it's like she's a totally different person...this is not normal, im starting to think something is seriously wrong with her...it's kinda scary actually

Reactions: 6
she said in her last video that she decided against travelling this break, but in this one she says she has been planning this trip to Paris EIGHT months ago??

Reactions: 10
Highly doubt this trip was in the planning stages eight months ago...
I do remember her mentioning, sometime during her 2nd term or maybe even during Christmas break, that she was planning a trip to Paris, so that was something I was expecting and when she suddenly announced in a vlog that she was not going to be travelling, I was surprised. Then, in the usual Ruby telling lies fashion she suddenly posted she was there. Was she afraid to give away information before she got home? I know she was really stupid when she went to Boston and Concord. She kept posting where exactly she hung out, the interior of the room she was staying in, which is actually very well known around here. Anyone could have easily stalked her. Stupid, stupid woman. But I also feel like as she is obviously overwhelmed by the demands and workload of Oxford, she may have not taken the time to plan out a proper holiday and just "went" for the aesthetic, which is quite the norm for her. My biggest question still remains. What does she do after this? Will she attempt to continue being a student? Will she completely cave, retreat to her tiny room and twirl around fields for the rest of her pathetic life, will she grow up and actually use her degree for a job, a career? It sickens me that a spot was given to some rich white girl who went to Oxford so she could check it off her to-do list, while someone who actually deserved the spot and desired it for advancing their education and career was passed over.

This is very petty but I hated the affected way Ruby said she got some raw mushrooms because she really likes eating raw mushrooms. It's the way she dropped her voice, tilted her head and looked like a little girl explaining something. She's done similar before in other videos and it really irks me. As I say, a petty thing to be bothered about but I guess I am petty!

On a positive note, I'm glad she is continuing to solo travel, she's much better at stepping out of her comfort zone.

This is very petty but I hated the affected way Ruby said she got some raw mushrooms because she really likes eating raw mushrooms. It's the way she dropped her voice, tilted her head and looked like a little girl explaining something. She's done similar before in other videos and it really irks me. As I say, a petty thing to be bothered about but I guess I am petty!

On a positive note, I'm glad she is continuing to solo travel, she's much better at stepping out of her comfort zone.
The only people who like eating raw mushrooms are people who enjoy farting a lot. Also TW for ED talk raw mushrooms are one of the things that appear on ”negative-calorie” lists, meaning they supposedly take more calories to digest than they contain, so it makes sense for someone cosplaying an eating disorder to pretend to like them.

Reactions: 12
The only people who like eating raw mushrooms are people who enjoy farting a lot. Also TW for ED talk raw mushrooms are one of the things that appear on ”negative-calorie” lists, meaning they supposedly take more calories to digest than they contain, so it makes sense for someone cosplaying an eating disorder to pretend to like them.
Thats kind of disappointing. I really love raw mushrooms (and to date, they've not done anything in my digestive tract!) I don't eat them for ED reasons, I just think the texture of raw mushrooms is really neat.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Thats kind of disappointing. I really love raw mushrooms (and to date, they've not done anything in my digestive tract!) I don't eat them for ED reasons, I just think the texture of raw mushrooms is really neat.
lol I’ll admit I may be biased due to my trehalose intolerance 😂 along with suddenly becoming allergic to my favourite vegetable (aubergine) a few years ago, it’s one of the great food-related tragedies of my life, I really love mushrooms 🥺

you get a pass, but Roobee doesn’t 😑

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Just like a lot of her content recently, everything felt rushed, made at the last minute for a sponsor most of the time. She never truly replies to negative comments but I feel like it affects her way more than before ( despite her pretending to be more confident now), we are almost sure that she watches this forum, which means that she googled herself, and you don't do that just for fun when you're the queen of 15h study days and could work on your dissertation instead. She's noticing that more and more people are trying to call her out for various reasons. So, an innocent and poetic trip to the nearby country, a trip without one of these awful and non ecological flights, a trip where she felt the need to precise that everything she ate was vegan, pretends to be alone but said "we"... Most of her fanbase loves that. Easy content!

I think she uses the royal 'we' a lot :unsure:
I think she came across as quite happy in some parts of the video ? A relief from being away from the pressures of Oxford maybe

Reactions: 4
It's the worst. I also think it's 2x speed because her voice sounded higher pitched through a lot of the video.

It's getting to the point where I can no longer listen to her videos because of the voice.

Reactions: 3

Stay home and rest lol. Rest from what? She barely does anything.

Reactions: 9
Lol that's true @Ilaariaa. But I think her course must be quite intense, so it does make sense she'd want a break from that.

Look, this was a comment on her Paris video:

1714241916919.png

Another poster said the same thing! I wonder if Ruby contacted them to ask permission before her visit?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I've just started watching her Paris vlog. "Simone de BEVoir", really? This may sound really petty, but it really irritates me when she doesn't bother getting names of people right. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I've just started watching her Paris vlog. "Simone de BEVoir", really? This may sound really petty, but it really irritates me when she doesn't bother getting names of people right. 🤷‍♀️
once again one must ask HOW TF she got onto a masters course with such a weak intellect

Reactions: 15