Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to go and see how she pronounced Gare du Nord and discovered that apparently the Eurostar goes from King's Cross. I know the Tube considers King's Cross and St Pancras one station but if you go to King's Cross for your train to Paris, you're not going to end up in Paris.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had to go and see how she pronounced Gare du Nord and discovered that apparently the Eurostar goes from King's Cross. I know the Tube considers King's Cross and St Pancras one station but if you go to King's Cross for your train to Paris, you're not going to end up in Paris.
Am I trying to slightly replicate Georges Perec's book aptly called The Void with Ruby's idiosyncratic accent? Probably.

With small datails like that, one knows that Ruby is to parfactionnism what Dan Brown is to litarature: a fraud.
This Parisian vlog was Paris for Dummies (accordion music and Les Deux Magots, RALLY!?!), a Potamkin visit, and avan than, it was so undarparforming I've had to pause it savaral times to make sure I undarstood what she was saying. It was a parformative word salad in a foraign country, no battar than usual. No twirls in Paris though, she'd be the laughing stock of the park.

Honnastly, I'm surprised she didn't bring her barat and bought a baguatte, oh no wait, she did, januinely!
This is by far the most Tory vid about Paris I've avar seen.

Speaking of Europe, didn't she say once in a Q&A that she had a German passport or something similar? Why? Jewish lineage, family from Germany, or both? That would explain how she can pop by in a Eurostar anytime she wishes. What Braxit?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I can't agree with this perspective. This doesn't apply to the vegans I've met!

I keep hearing the idea that if your body craves a food it means you need it, but that's not really true. Very often we crave the least healthy things - I get PMS cravings for McDonald's fries and they have no nutritional value! Addicts crave drugs even when they damage their health. Refined sugar is a common craving and it's completely useless for us.

That said, it is harder for vegans to meet all their nutritional needs, and in Ruby's case, I think she's just not getting enough calories with her vegan diet.
---

It bothered me how she mispronounced Gare du Nord. Just needed to vent about that. 😅
---

Mystery solved: the coffee was almond latte so gender-swapped Martha couldn't drink it. The young ladies had to drink it instead. They drank so much that their pores stank of coffee.

Hey I'm not a writer, this is the best I've got. 🤷‍♀️
I'm confused, is that a part of her re-writting old novel or a brand new one?

She mispronounces english words in every video and you expected her to get Gare du Nord right ? That's too much expectations for her ^^

I don't really call "being happy with yourself" making fake foods to cope. Not everyone will be happy with having to eat a whole plate of nutritional supplements everyday, and that's perfectly ok. There's a reason why so many vegans give up and slowly return to vegetarians and omnivorous, or even as flexitarians. Truly happy vegans on the long term who don't feel the need to try to guilt trip people to push them to share their lifestyle aren't common at all as it's a hard time in everyday life. And Ruby is definitely not one of these happy guys as she never get rid of leather or whool stuff for example.
And there's a huge difference between listening to your body and cravings like fast foods or candies everyday which give you a brief satisfaction only.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
what in the 2002 shaky cam found footage realness is this new vlog? it's so distracting
---

• Haha
Reactions: 13
i can’t stand the way you can hear her smug smirk in the way she talks in her videos, the new Paris one specifically she sounds like she’s laughing? weird

Reactions: 12
I'm confused, is that a part of her re-writting old novel or a brand new one?

She mispronounces english words in every video and you expected her to get Gare du Nord right ? That's too much expectations for her ^^

I don't really call "being happy with yourself" making fake foods to cope. Not everyone will be happy with having to eat a whole plate of nutritional supplements everyday, and that's perfectly ok. There's a reason why so many vegans give up and slowly return to vegetarians and omnivorous, or even as flexitarians. Truly happy vegans on the long term who don't feel the need to try to guilt trip people to push them to share their lifestyle aren't common at all as it's a hard time in everyday life. And Ruby is definitely not one of these happy guys as she never get rid of leather or whool stuff for example.
And there's a huge difference between listening to your body and cravings like fast foods or candies everyday which give you a brief satisfaction only.
Can you stop? I'm not trying to be off topic, but there are happy vegans who also try and convert people because they're not doing it for health benefits, they're doing it for ethical reasons. It's like people who advocate against slapping children or mowing down pedestrians in their cars: they're not advocating because they're sad, they're doing it because it's a moral imperative to try and make the world better.

The choice to get rid of animal products is a personal one, I think. I've met vegans who decided to give away their animal products, and ones who didn't, because they decided to use them up (this is all besides the new leather and wool products Ruby seems to acquire).

For a contrast to vegans converting people, take internet "carnivores". They're advocating the lifestyle for some reason. They claim it's for health, but the wide array of anecdotes of people who came away with health issues after months on the diet shows that's a lie. People coming away from veganism with health issues is an issue of good intentions/bad planning. There's no good intentions for carnivore.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Apparently French carrots are not as flavourful... 🤔🤣 Riveting content, Ruby!

Also she's clearly putting on her posh professor voice again.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you @FolderDuvet

Can we just stop with the vegan bashing? We’d get a lot of flack for making similar comments about omnivores. I have many vegan friends, many of whom have been vegan for over a decade and they cannot be described as unhappy people; they are actually some of the most accepting, funny and contented people I know and even in the face of a terminal illness, are living their life which seems more full of fun and love than most. Is everyone who is vegan happy? Of course not. But the same could be said of any population. (And vegan is different to plant based dieters - the latter of which are the group more likely to change their eating habits again, because theirs is a dietary choice rather than a lifestyle choice).
Back to Ruby - how is she not in the depth of stress and constant work to get her dissertation done? Or has she dropped out?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ruby is not vegan for ethical reasons though she's vegan to restrict calories because she has an eating disorder 🫤 which is why it's pretty sad seeing her so excited about tuna or pizza.

Reactions: 28
I can't believe she takes herself seriously while recording that cringe 'poetic' voiceover.

And how does she have time to do this? Doesn't she have an Oxford masters level dissertation to write?!

Reactions: 17
I haven't been keeping up with Ruby in the last couple of months so excuse me for repeating what I'm sure you have all absolutely rinsed her for but

CARROTS IN PORRIDGE????

Also her intonation in this April video is very different to her usual voiceovers.

Edit: Oh okay, she's cosplaying as Lewis Carroll.

• Haha
I'm grumpy today so it kind of pisses me off that she can just go to Paris and swan around the Louvre on a whim. And because she doesn't go anywhere alone she probably doesn't even have to deal with the stressful planning parts of it.

Reactions: 17
And how does she have time to do this? Doesn't she have an Oxford masters level dissertation to write?!
I don't understand why she didn't go to Paris at the beginning of the Easter holidays instead of choosing to go the week before Trinity Term started as everything she did felt rushed and not very carefully planned out as she didn't book her meal at the Ritz until Monday which she went to the following day, she didn't see all of the paintings that she wanted to see at the Louvre and I don't think she visited all the places that she had planned to as she spent more time in coffee shops and bookshops rather than visiting famous Paris landmarks. I don't know how she had the time to put this trip in the week before term started because if it had been me I would have focused on researching and writing my dissertation instead of going on holiday.

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up with Ruby in the last couple of months so excuse me for repeating what I'm sure you have all absolutely rinsed her for but

CARROTS IN PORRIDGE????

Also her intonation in this April video is very different to her usual voiceovers.

Edit: Oh okay, she's cosplaying as Lewis Carroll.
Lewis Carrot of Green Gables

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You're right, she did well to leave King's Cross and arrive in Paris, given that the eurostar leaves from St pancras.

Reactions: 5
You're right, she did well to leave King's Cross and arrive in Paris, given that the eurostar leaves from St pancras.
Seeing as she was in her University room at the beginning of the video my guess is that she caught a train from Oxford to London Marylebone, then caught an underground train from Marylebone to Kings Cross and then caught the Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris.

Reactions: 3
Seeing as she was in her University room at the beginning of the video my guess is that she caught a train from Oxford to London Marylebone, then caught an underground train from Marylebone to Kings Cross and then caught the Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris.
Actually, and god it's weird that I know this, in she shot after the one in her room at the beginning, that's not a Chiltern Railways train (the operator on the Oxford Marylebone line) it's a GWR train (Chiltern doesn't have the window blind which you can see the runners for, GWR does). So, she went into Paddington, which is what I would have expected anyway. The service into Marylebone is pants for onward connections because it's not an underground station.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Actually, and god it's weird that I know this, in she shot after the one in her room at the beginning, that's not a Chiltern Railways train (the operator on the Oxford Marylebone line) it's a GWR train (Chiltern doesn't have the window blind which you can see the runners for, GWR does). So, she went into Paddington, which is what I would have expected anyway. The service into Marylebone is pants for onward connections because it's not an underground station.
That's incredibly niche knowledge! You're not a trainspotter, are you? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha