Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boring new vlog. With all her pathetic attempts at being poetic instead of just speaking her mind (I know, she hasn't got one) she continually finds a way to make even a trip to Paris dull. She went by herself, which I could say kudos to her for, except that it would have been so much more fun to have a friend to go with and she couldn't even conjure up Blakeney for that! Sponsored, of course, and immediately hits all the English bookstores instead of embracing another language, another culture. She is drooling over her little room. That is a very basic room, hardly the presidential suite, and the view is very typical. You can't even see the Eiffel Tower from it, so not much of an upgrade. Anything bigger than her childish bedroom is considered grand to her. And not a word about Oxford, her Masters, or anything about her future. Seriously messed up woman.
You have nailed it perfectly even this vlog is boring as she makes Paris look like a really dull place to visit when it's not and I agree with you about the room as it is very small, basic and looks very claustrophobic as she hardly had any space to move around yet she was drooling over it by saying what a lovely room it was when IMO I didn't think it was up to much at all. It looked like she has been downgraded rather than upgraded as it was very small. Even in Paris she didn't do anything that was remotely interesting and exciting which makes me think that she booked this trip at the last minute hence the fact that at the beginning of the video she was in her University room with her suitcase getting ready to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I thought this vlog was at least more interesting than her Oxford ones 🤭

Reactions: 4
I thought this vlog was at least more interesting than her Oxford ones 🤭
You surely can’t be bored by lift selfies, exterior shots of the Bod’, endless switching from one library to the next, for absolutely no reason, all of which is interspersed with trips to coffee shops?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love how she starts the vlog with 'a solo trip to Paris', mentions that she wanted to be alone, but then she constantly says "we" and ofc, Mother Granger can be spotted in a museum.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I love how she starts the vlog with 'a solo trip to Paris', mentions that she wanted to be alone, but then she constantly says "we" and ofc, Mother Granger can be spotted in a museum.
Are you talking about the woman circa 13:14? I didn't think that was her.

Reactions: 1
It'll never not be hilarious when Ruby snootily brags that she got the VEEEEEEEEGAN option of whatever while wearing leather shoes, clutching her leather bag.

Yet another dull trip that she chose to waste for herself by basing it around her fake interest in books to try to impress strangers online. Her worsening habit of inserting the most forced AVVER-SYO-LYRICAL purple prose narration only shines a light on how fake she is.

Ruby's decision to immediately deface a rare first edition book that she'll never read while some poor, bewildered French bookseller tries desperately to talk her out of it is both jaw-dropping and yet totally unsurprising.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ruby's decision to immediately deface a rare first edition book that she'll never read while some poor, bewildered French bookseller tries desperately to talk her out of it is both jaw-dropping and yet totally unsurprising.
I could never deface a rare first edition book or any book that I have on my bookshelf as I would feel ashamed that I have destroyed something that clearly meant something to me and if I had any thoughts on a book that I was reading I would either hand write these on a piece of paper or write them down on my computer. The fact that she got the book and then defaced it straight away shows how little she cares about books and that she only buys them to write notes in them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I find it so jarring how Ruby swaps between casual narration and her ‘poetic narration’ in videos
---
Also can anyone confirm whether non English carrots have less flavour, because she always ragrats buying them and as I don’t live in England I’m wondering if it’s worth buying carrots at all

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Made me sad how excited she was when she ate that "tuna" vegan salad and then craving pizza (cheese). She said before that cheese was her absolute favorite food before being vegan. She craves animal food, she should listen to her body and eat them...

• Angry
Reactions: 15
”Impressionism is my FYAYVOURITE kind of art, the Impressionists are the true experts at romanticising your life”

Complains about the fact that there were other tourists at the Louvre 🙄

It’s sad and comical at the same time how Roobee is incapable of summoning up a single interesting or original thought, it’s sheer inanity from beginning to end. Also I absolutely despised being shown a 0.2 second flash of a painting and then a closeup of Rootabaga’s face as she read aloud from the info card for half a minute.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is what I came to say!! I wondered why she didn’t blur the face, then I realised it’s her mum. (I’m not great with faces)

also at 19:26 (I paraphrase) ‘we didn’t come last time we were in Paris because we weren’t anywhere near notre dame, but we’re here now’…..who is ‘we’? Kind of feel like a detective when the suspect says ‘was’ instead of ‘is’

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
New debut novel in the making? ”Stanhope Hall dripped with sweat” 😂 what an opening, future generations will look back in awe 🙃

IMG_2847.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I could never deface a rare first edition book or any book that I have on my bookshelf as I would feel ashamed that I have destroyed something that clearly meant something to me and if I had any thoughts on a book that I was reading I would either hand write these on a piece of paper or write them down on my computer. The fact that she got the book and then defaced it straight away shows how little she cares about books and that she only buys them to write notes in them.
Yup, there was nothing stopping her from asking them to stamp a postcard or book plate or something to keep with the book to avoid defacing it.

It's not like it's a book that holds any special meaning for her, either, since she said she's never read it. So she dropped at least £200 on a rare book, immediately defaced it and no doubt will never read it and will just skim through a summary online instead. Meanwhile she complains constantly that £20 books that she claims to want desperately are just too expensive.

She seems to have heard about this 'books as objects' idea in a lecture that she was half paying attention to and thought it validated her purely superficial interest in books as props for her fake bookworm persona. She doesn't explain why she couldn't just buy a used mass-market paperback in case she doesn't like the book (or her "FRAND" doesn't like it and she agrees, having not read it herself).

It screams "I buy rare books, that proves I love books (despite never reading them)", or "I'm supposed to read this book alongside someone I know, and since I won't read it and can't form ideas and opinions myself about books to outpace her in conversation, I'll just buy a rare copy to try to beat her at being a BOCKWAHHRM". Then she sullies the thing seconds after buying it.

Hopefully Oxford keep her far away from their manuscript archives so she doesn't go scribbling her name in them or slapping POCKERPODTIFTEEEA stickers all over them to "add herself to the book's story" or whatever.

New debut novel in the making? ”Stanhope Hall dripped with sweat” 😂 what an opening, future generations will look back in awe 🙃

View attachment 2895945
"The room was cold with sweat."

Someone get this sweaty school some anti-perspirant already!

Untitle7687987987g - Copy.png

Wonderful, another self-insert novel. Young girl at AWKSFWUD. Fancy private school/boarding school. Shrill, shrieking mother. Gender-swapped Martha. Father that Ruby forgot to include again. It's Erimentha Parker in Ye Olden Toiymes again and coffee is outlawed for ladies!

Naturally, this will never get published, so I suppose we'll never find out if Erimentha snitches on any school bullies running any coffee-smuggling rings, if anyone solves the mystery of the school's B.O. problem or what her mother's "way" of squealing is.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jesus christ she tried to invade us again... Leave us alone ruby, we have enough crazy people coming here everyday, we don't need your case in addition.
---
Made me sad how excited she was when she ate that "tuna" vegan salad and then craving pizza (cheese). She said before that cheese was her absolute favorite food before being vegan. She craves animal food, she should listen to her body and eat them...
Yes. People who want to challenge our nature and really are happy as vegans are rare, most of them are unhappy and frustrated, and end taking their frustration on others. We should listen to our bodies more often. Especially when it's about cheese

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Perhaps I'm nitpicking but in her Paris vlog, but when talking about the Impressionism exhibition, Ruby says many of the great Impressionist artists were first shown in this Salon show, and given acclaim for that style of art, but if you really know anything about the history of Impressionism from an academic sense, you'd know that these artists were famously rejected by the salon. The exhibition wasn't a salon show, it was a rebellion against it organised by the artists, and was famously mocked by critics like Louis Leroy. Of course it's great that people go to exhibitions and enjoy the art, but go for that reason - to enjoy it, not speak on it with the authority of an art history scholar when you've not even read the Wikipedia page about the movement 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes. People who want to challenge our nature and really are happy as vegans are rare, most of them are unhappy and frustrated, and end taking their frustration on others. We should listen to our bodies more often. Especially when it's about cheese
I can't agree with this perspective. This doesn't apply to the vegans I've met!

I keep hearing the idea that if your body craves a food it means you need it, but that's not really true. Very often we crave the least healthy things - I get PMS cravings for McDonald's fries and they have no nutritional value! Addicts crave drugs even when they damage their health. Refined sugar is a common craving and it's completely useless for us.

That said, it is harder for vegans to meet all their nutritional needs, and in Ruby's case, I think she's just not getting enough calories with her vegan diet.
---
”Impressionism is my FYAYVOURITE kind of art, the Impressionists are the true experts at romanticising your life”

Complains about the fact that there were other tourists at the Louvre 🙄

It’s sad and comical at the same time how Roobee is incapable of summoning up a single interesting or original thought, it’s sheer inanity from beginning to end. Also I absolutely despised being shown a 0.2 second flash of a painting and then a closeup of Rootabaga’s face as she read aloud from the info card for half a minute.
It bothered me how she mispronounced Gare du Nord. Just needed to vent about that. 😅
---
Naturally, this will never get published, so I suppose we'll never find out if Erimentha snitches on any school bullies running any coffee-smuggling rings, if anyone solves the mystery of the school's B.O. problem or what her mother's "way" of squealing is.
Mystery solved: the coffee was almond latte so gender-swapped Martha couldn't drink it. The young ladies had to drink it instead. They drank so much that their pores stank of coffee.

Hey I'm not a writer, this is the best I've got. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Are you talking about the woman circa 13:14? I didn't think that was her.
It's a bit hard to make out, but I think I might've spotted her in the background...

76868787y678 - Copy.png

For real though, I think she did go solo considering she did her Boston holiday thing of fleeing to her hotel as soon as the afternoon hit and spending most of the trip in her room. I think her "we're finally here" is just her being pretentious and using the royal "we".

• Haha
Reactions: 28