Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She refused to talk about it and her posts about it used all the same "This is not an AD! But..." dishonest language and contradictions that her undeclared ads usually do.

All signs pointed to her contacting someone at the museum and offering to do some guest posts on their social media and advertising the museum on her channel in exchange for getting some free tours and gifted experiences.

Everything she did there were things that any guest could do if they paid a fee (a writing session in AMMILY'S BADRYOOM, guided tours of the rooms and grounds, etc.) but Ruby refused to tell people that while advertising the place because it would've made her seem less special and made it abundantly clear that she was gifted something with a cash value in exchange for advertising the place.

Instead, she did her usual transparent tactic of wildly embellishing the whole endeavour and claimed she was JANUINELY WAAHRKING at the museum as a volunteer and helping them with their social media. Usually volunteers at the museum have to do gardening or help set up for guests, but Ruby did none of that.

She did a couple of lazy posts on their Instagram (full of errors and typos) and a couple of TikTok videos amounting to a few minutes of content which focused more on herself getting attention with VARRY DRAMMATICKOL REEDINGS than talking about the museum. It was yet another shoddy, undeclared ad campaign that she begged her way into.
I aslo have a feeling that she did it because it would look good on her Oxford application

Reactions: 19
Buzzing in the night,
Whispers of electric delight,
Sensations take flight.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I don't think I could cope with erotic literature from our Ruby. The word salad would kill the mood

• Haha
Reactions: 20
There’s all kinds of Harry Potter/Hermione jokes I could make here but they’re too obvious to be funny 😄 🧙‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Haha I'd forgotten all about that moment. Now I feel worse. Thank u. 😝

Seriously though. That Boston trip was the most miserable-looking holiday I've seen. Ruby did nothing to sell the place!
The problem is (from someone who lives here) is that she came at the worst time of the year. It's cold, windy, and it gets dark at 4 PM in the fall. She came around the end of the witch tourist crowd and it doesn't help that many of the museums here that she wanted to go to were far out (Concord and Amherst). Amherst especially sucks. It's a uni town way far out in the boondocks that has UMass, but even the UMass students hate it out there because there's no train to get back to Boston. Ruby went in thinking that she could take the train everywhere (which is true for GREATER Boston) but she didn't take into account she was going in the literal boondocks. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Mummy Bones has graced us with another tall tale of domestic disaster and assures us that - just like Ruby - she's JANUINELY A JARMAPHYOBE, HONNASTLEE while seemingly going out of her way to jam her hands into dog tit:

I am a bit of a germophobe. Even before the pandemic, I always carried a mini bottle of hand sanitizer with me at all times. So, this week has been a bit of a reminder of why I still do...

I was walking my lovely Lola on one of our daily walks when she decided to do her morning poo. I rustled in my pocket and produced a flimsy bag to pick up the steaming deposit. The only thing was that as I was scooping up the poop, the side of my hand got smeared with the stuff. Freaking out, I wiped the debris on some nearby grass, before double bagging it and putting it in my 'warming pocket'. I had decided to dedicate my outer left pocket of my coat to storing bagged up dog poo until I could dispose of it in a bin.

Two days later and exactly the same thing happened but this time, I only had one bag with me and, luckily, some tissues. I wrapped tissue around the overflowing, undone bag and held my parcel upright during the remainder of my walk - looking like I was holding a small baby's soiled nappy. I got home, threw it in the bin and scrubbed my hands red raw clean. The next day, I invested in some heavy duty dog poo bags for future events such as these.

Later in the week, I popped into the supermarket to pick up some lunch bits en route to my friend's house but as I had time on my hands, I grabbed a takeaway coffee. I put the shopping on the passenger seat of my car, balanced the coffee cup on the central bit and gingerly shut the door before walking around to the driver's seat. I was looking forward to ten minutes sipping my coffee and reading a chapter of my book before I was on my merry way. In the time I opened the car door and sat down, I had forgotten about the coffee (brainfog alert) and managed to swipe my elbow into it and spill over the car seat covers. Argh. Luckily, it did have a lid on so not all was spilt - just a stream of hot liquid from the hole in the top. I wiped up the mess with a tissue and tried to rectify the situation but not feeling like Sarah Jessica-Parker, as I had intended, while I drank my coffee and turned the pages of my book with sticky fingers.

The next day, I attended an art class for the first time in years and I forgot how much fun it is to paint. There were about thirty women my age group and we met in a church hall with coffee shop attached, chatting, drinking and painting canvases - attempting to create pictures of bowls with lemons or hydrangeas in. It was such a colourful experience and I was on a high afterwards. We all managed to cover our hands with splotches of paint, plus the odd splodge on our cheeks.

So, my hands have been covered in a few different substances to usual but I have to say that 'clean dirt' such as paint and coffee is my ultimate preference to dog poo (you don't say). I will certainly make sure I keep a supply of hand sanitizer and tissues to hand for the forseeable.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Mummy Bones has graced us with another tall tale of domestic disaster and assures us that - just like Ruby - she's JANUINELY A JARMAPHYOBE, HONNASTLEE while seemingly going out of her way to jam her hands into dog tit:

I am a bit of a germophobe. Even before the pandemic, I always carried a mini bottle of hand sanitizer with me at all times. So, this week has been a bit of a reminder of why I still do...

I was walking my lovely Lola on one of our daily walks when she decided to do her morning poo. I rustled in my pocket and produced a flimsy bag to pick up the steaming deposit. The only thing was that as I was scooping up the poop, the side of my hand got smeared with the stuff. Freaking out, I wiped the debris on some nearby grass, before double bagging it and putting it in my 'warming pocket'. I had decided to dedicate my outer left pocket of my coat to storing bagged up dog poo until I could dispose of it in a bin.

Two days later and exactly the same thing happened but this time, I only had one bag with me and, luckily, some tissues. I wrapped tissue around the overflowing, undone bag and held my parcel upright during the remainder of my walk - looking like I was holding a small baby's soiled nappy. I got home, threw it in the bin and scrubbed my hands red raw clean. The next day, I invested in some heavy duty dog poo bags for future events such as these.

Later in the week, I popped into the supermarket to pick up some lunch bits en route to my friend's house but as I had time on my hands, I grabbed a takeaway coffee. I put the shopping on the passenger seat of my car, balanced the coffee cup on the central bit and gingerly shut the door before walking around to the driver's seat. I was looking forward to ten minutes sipping my coffee and reading a chapter of my book before I was on my merry way. In the time I opened the car door and sat down, I had forgotten about the coffee (brainfog alert) and managed to swipe my elbow into it and spill over the car seat covers. Argh. Luckily, it did have a lid on so not all was spilt - just a stream of hot liquid from the hole in the top. I wiped up the mess with a tissue and tried to rectify the situation but not feeling like Sarah Jessica-Parker, as I had intended, while I drank my coffee and turned the pages of my book with sticky fingers.

The next day, I attended an art class for the first time in years and I forgot how much fun it is to paint. There were about thirty women my age group and we met in a church hall with coffee shop attached, chatting, drinking and painting canvases - attempting to create pictures of bowls with lemons or hydrangeas in. It was such a colourful experience and I was on a high afterwards. We all managed to cover our hands with splotches of paint, plus the odd splodge on our cheeks.

So, my hands have been covered in a few different substances to usual but I have to say that 'clean dirt' such as paint and coffee is my ultimate preference to dog poo (you don't say). I will certainly make sure I keep a supply of hand sanitizer and tissues to hand for the forseeable.
So they're both insufferable? Good to know. I grew up fairly near where she went to school (the towns nearby and the school she went were... very much not alike) and I knew slightly too many mums like this from when I was working.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.