Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mummy Bones has graced us with another tall tale of domestic disaster and assures us that - just like Ruby - she's JANUINELY A JARMAPHYOBE, HONNASTLEE while seemingly going out of her way to jam her hands into dog tit:

I am a bit of a germophobe. Even before the pandemic, I always carried a mini bottle of hand sanitizer with me at all times. So, this week has been a bit of a reminder of why I still do...

I was walking my lovely Lola on one of our daily walks when she decided to do her morning poo. I rustled in my pocket and produced a flimsy bag to pick up the steaming deposit. The only thing was that as I was scooping up the poop, the side of my hand got smeared with the stuff. Freaking out, I wiped the debris on some nearby grass, before double bagging it and putting it in my 'warming pocket'. I had decided to dedicate my outer left pocket of my coat to storing bagged up dog poo until I could dispose of it in a bin.

Two days later and exactly the same thing happened but this time, I only had one bag with me and, luckily, some tissues. I wrapped tissue around the overflowing, undone bag and held my parcel upright during the remainder of my walk - looking like I was holding a small baby's soiled nappy. I got home, threw it in the bin and scrubbed my hands red raw clean. The next day, I invested in some heavy duty dog poo bags for future events such as these.

Later in the week, I popped into the supermarket to pick up some lunch bits en route to my friend's house but as I had time on my hands, I grabbed a takeaway coffee. I put the shopping on the passenger seat of my car, balanced the coffee cup on the central bit and gingerly shut the door before walking around to the driver's seat. I was looking forward to ten minutes sipping my coffee and reading a chapter of my book before I was on my merry way. In the time I opened the car door and sat down, I had forgotten about the coffee (brainfog alert) and managed to swipe my elbow into it and spill over the car seat covers. Argh. Luckily, it did have a lid on so not all was spilt - just a stream of hot liquid from the hole in the top. I wiped up the mess with a tissue and tried to rectify the situation but not feeling like Sarah Jessica-Parker, as I had intended, while I drank my coffee and turned the pages of my book with sticky fingers.

The next day, I attended an art class for the first time in years and I forgot how much fun it is to paint. There were about thirty women my age group and we met in a church hall with coffee shop attached, chatting, drinking and painting canvases - attempting to create pictures of bowls with lemons or hydrangeas in. It was such a colourful experience and I was on a high afterwards. We all managed to cover our hands with splotches of paint, plus the odd splodge on our cheeks.

So, my hands have been covered in a few different substances to usual but I have to say that 'clean dirt' such as paint and coffee is my ultimate preference to dog poo (you don't say). I will certainly make sure I keep a supply of hand sanitizer and tissues to hand for the forseeable.
Oh so carrying hand sanitizer means you're a germophobe? She's properly one of those people that say they are so ocd because they like to keep their desk organized.

Reactions: 18
Her diary is so fake, she clearly wrote that knowing that she was going to post it, or that others were going to see it one day. That's so incredibly stupid and sad. Can't even write a diary without faking it? What's even more sad is that even her fake, staged, written-to-impress writing is rubbish lol

Reactions: 14
Did anyone else see the weird Instagram reel where she was so DASPERATE to buy a book of psalms (that was clearly required reading for her course, not an impulse buy based on love for Mary Sidney Herbert)?
1000054787.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Do Blackwell's even do social media sponsorship? The same with Waterstones? I think that with how desperate she is for a sponsorship, she would be better getting a job with them and getting the perks. My friend used to work for Waterstones from 2018-2020, and she would get proof copies of books and she also had a 50% discount off books. I miss that discount so much! I did abuse that to no end, my friend was happy as it got her stamp card for £10 off a boo quickly.

My friend worked in the children's section in Waterstones and she has a big interest in children's books and YA like Ruby. My friend was interested in the books and read them but she had an interest in how the books developed for children even in comparison to when we were kids with things like topics covered, characters being represented etc. She also thought that she couldn't work in that section without being familiar with the books and she would buy them for her niece.
In comparison to Ruby, who seems to be interested in the books to act childish and to get her Goodreads numbers up. I don't judge people for reading children's books as, to be honest, they need to be enjoyable for an adult to want to read them to the child and buy them and I have read books I used to read as from 9 -14 for nostalgia.

I wish that Ruby would give a reason for reading children's books other than liking the illustrations etc. I find it very jarring as she boasts about reading classics and then going to children's books is very jarring for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Do Blackwell's even do social media sponsorship? The same with Waterstones? I think that with how desperate she is for a sponsorship, she would be better getting a job with them and getting the perks. My friend used to work for Waterstones from 2018-2020, and she would get proof copies of books and she also had a 50% discount off books. I miss that discount so much! I did abuse that to no end, my friend was happy as it got her stamp card for £10 off a boo quickly.

My friend worked in the children's section in Waterstones and she has a big interest in children's books and YA like Ruby. My friend was interested in the books and read them but she had an interest in how the books developed for children even in comparison to when we were kids with things like topics covered, characters being represented etc. She also thought that she couldn't work in that section without being familiar with the books and she would buy them for her niece.
In comparison to Ruby, who seems to be interested in the books to act childish and to get her Goodreads numbers up. I don't judge people for reading children's books as, to be honest, they need to be enjoyable for an adult to want to read them to the child and buy them and I have read books I used to read as from 9 -14 for nostalgia.

I wish that Ruby would give a reason for reading children's books other than liking the illustrations etc. I find it very jarring as she boasts about reading classics and then going to children's books is very jarring for me.
Back in my blogging days I used to get free books in exchange for reviews and tbh that was my favourite method of payment

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My friend useed to do that with her book blog as well! I don't see why Ruby doesn't do that as it would be a good way for her to get books and we could have a review of a book that is more than a reading of the blurb or it being described as 'cool.'
Back in my blogging days I used to get free books in exchange for reviews and tbh that was my favourite method of payment

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My friend useed to do that with her book blog as well! I don't see why Ruby doesn't do that as it would be a good way for her to get books and we could have a review of a book that is more than a reading of the blurb or it being described as 'cool.'
Because she’d have to actually read the book, understand the narrative and then use words with the correct meaning and in the correct order to convey an actual understanding of the book?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think the main reason why Ruby doesn't ask for proofs in exchange for a review is because it would be even more blatantly obvious that she hadn't read them - she wouldn't be able to plagiarise other people's ideas or online book summaries, because there wouldn't be much material online.

Reactions: 20
Ruby's struggling so much at her Masters that Pearson have taken pity on her and sent out some GCSE workbooks that will hopefully be more her level. How generous!

In all seriousness, A) why is Ruby advertising GCSE resources when she's turning 24 this year - is she that desperate to go back in time? B) what an absolute waste on the company's part to ship them to someone who obviously will not use them. Fair enough sponsor her to talk about them or point out online resources, but why send physical copies?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ruby's struggling so much at her Masters that Pearson have taken pity on her and sent out some GCSE workbooks that will hopefully be more her level. How generous!

In all seriousness, A) why is Ruby advertising GCSE resources when she's turning 24 this year - is she that desperate to go back in time? B) what an absolute waste on the company's part to ship them to someone who obviously will not use them. Fair enough sponsor her to talk about them or point out online resources, but why send physical copies?
Yeah I know this is the game of marketing etc etc but when there are so many disadvantaged young people who don't have the resources they need to succeed at GCSE, it makes me so angry that people like Ruby get this stuff for free when they won't even use it. If she was decent she'd donate them to one of the state schools in Oxford serving disadvantaged communities.

Reactions: 15
Her latest vlog is so boring, especially when she tries to be philosophical over basic knowledge.

Whispering. Can't even hear what she is saying, but it is usually stupid, so skipped over it.
An AD. Not interested. Skipped over it.
Walking around Oxford. Seen it. Skipped over it.
Reading out loud. I dislike her fake accent, so skipped over it.
Whispering again and trying to justify that it is okay to spend time with friends and be "productive" in a different way. They must feel so much better knowing she didn't feel like she wasted her time with them. omg. I can't believe she framed it that way. They also looked like they were completely ignoring her and her "in your face" filming by turning away from her completely.
Fake smiles and very possibly an entire montage of a fake meeting. Basically we watch a speedup of her talking and gesturing to a PC screen. Riveting!
Biggest dimwit ever.

Reactions: 12
How many hours of her playing with her bag's zipper while wearing what appears to be a maternity dress/coat are we supposed to tolerate before our brain turns to mush too?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She may be hungry from stress/trying to control and carb loading :( She never normally eats a load of bread at Bones Manor
She mostly eats carbs all the time even at home - pasta, porridge, pastries, bread. The Cafe Nero vegan croissant is in reference to the claim made by a horrible, uninformed individual (me) earlier in this thread that she’d had a non-vegan croissant at said cafe, because they don’t offer a vegan version of their regular croissant (only a raspberry one), so she’s now made a point of mentioning the vegan croissant at Cafe Nero in two consecutive videos. I never really thought she read here, but after this, I’m convinced she does.

Reactions: 23
I have to admit I'm getting bored of her Oxford vlogs now as she doesn't change her routine and does the same things every single day. I mean even when she studies it feels like she doesn't spend that much time doing it as she takes her time unzipping her bag and getting her stuff out of it, then after she gets her stuff out she walks around for a few seconds before going back to the chair to take off her scarf and unbutton her coat when she could have done as soon as she arrived at her study spot, then she sits down and moves her stuff around before plugging in her charger whilst looking around very nervously and after doing all that she finally got round to studying. After that she put her laptop in her bag and started to read from her book and make notes on her Remarkable tablet yet her footage is inconsistent because in the next clip her she is working on her laptop again.

Reactions: 16
Screenshot_20240214_201450_YouTube.jpg

Her comment section is so toxic, it's unbelivable. The first person very gently voiced an opinion and immdiately gets attacked by one of her rabid fans. I mean, they didn't even criticise Ruby in any way, and yet her fan made it sound as if the first person had personally attacked Ruby! It's ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I also noticed that in the last few videos she has gone back to the "I was so tired" excuse.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.