Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Griftwood

VIP Member
Did she honestly mention Eugenia Cooney? I mean how low can she stoop
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if there’s one thing Roobee has, it’s the audacity. She probably thinks no one is going to pay any attention to her blatant ED baiting and body checking once they’ve been made aware of the existence of EC. It’s another version of ”politicians are also trying to influence people and they’re so much worse than little old me”. Newsflash, Roobs, ”I’m not the worst one out there” is not and has never been a valid argument to let anyone off the hook.

Reactions: 27

Corneilya

Ruby‘s been gifted a copy of Napoleon and has wasted no time in announcing that the French Revolution is one of her favourite historical periods. Which of course, we all knew because she‘s talked about it so much over the years.
We need a French revolution core or a Napoléon core look now... Why not " A day in the life of a Napoléon's soldier"? Or "I ate like a Bastille prisonner for a week" ?

• Haha

Binx

VIP Member
Thank you! So it looks like it’s a relatively recently established entity basically aimed at graduate students researching some aspect related to the English country house, and this was their first conference - I imagine there wasn’t a huge amount of competition, if any, to get in.

Ruby, of course, went the ”easy” route and just took her dissertation topic, combined it with Comus which she’d read for one of her undergraduate modules, and worked in the words ”country house”. I’m sure I’m biased, but to me, all the other titles make sense and hers is just... contrived? I can’t imagine a coherent presentation emerging out of this concept.

View attachment 2796726

Watch out for the Claw!

View attachment 2796729

It looks like a small affair and a very good opportunity to get some practice in, and I’m sure she did well enough in that context.
there's that iPad, glued to her bloody hand again.

new thread title

Ruby Granger #45 Um... (the sequel)

• Haha

secretalphabets

I doubt she even understands it. More than likely we will someday get a "review" which will basically be some bizarre compilation of an Amazon review and the blurb on the back of the book, with odd little additions by her, that make absolutely no sense, whatsoever. She has proven time and time again that she needs to be spoon fed information and has no sane original thoughts of her own.
Kind of reminds me of myself reading Gone With the Wind when I was 13. It went completely over my head but I liked the idea of being the kind of person who reads ~big difficult books~. I always feel like that's what Ruby is doing.

• Heart

Whisper2Me

Another typical vlog on how many books she read. Still reading a single essay or poem and considering it an entire book to plump up those numbers. She still struggles with classics, but always raves about poorly received books or random reads that no one else has ever even heard of. My takeaway from this is the same as all the previous years. She doesn't understand a thing she is reading and if you asked her to describe something in depth, without being able to prep beforehand or refer to the book (or anything else for that matter) she would come up empty, like she did at her original Oxford interview.

Her strange obsession about books as physical objects. Did she think they were mirages before? Figments of her imagination? Then suddenly awoke to tactile material? I mean, wtf?

I expect next year she will have read 150 books....."The moist books I've evah red in a yeehar!!"

• Haha

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 13.07.45.png

Blowdrying already dry hair, hair spray until hair is wet. I'm guessing it looked like There's Something About Mary Ruby

• Haha

Griftwood

VIP Member
Is she the sort of genius that orders a chai tea?
She’s made ”lentil daal” in the past (and possibly also mentioned ”chai tea”), so I’d say it’s a distinct possibility.

oh and let’s not forget ”candlestick holder”

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Corneilya

Is that one of us..? (Also for the other comments, avishekdatta7908 already made some weird comments related to addictions on her videos.)
isthat.png

• Haha
  • Wow

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I noticed that she leaves the bathroom light on so very often, and I can't even imagine how careless and rich and stupid one needs to be to get there lol forgetting here and there is, yes, normal, and happens to all of us (look at me, channeling my inner Rumbster and talking on everyone's behalf). But this on top of her leaving the fridge open for ages? I think it's safe to say that she just don't care.

View attachment 2758775
View attachment 2758778
View attachment 2758780
One of the biggest issues I have with Ruby is the way she treats her surroundings and belongings. She's so thoughtless and disrespectful. I still can't forget that trip with Jade (admittedly it was years ago) where they left the gas on (!!) in the cottage and the owner complained that they'd also left trails of mud through the room. She left the fridge open in the shared house with Blakeney and then put those horrible paper decorations up all around the cooker. It was an absolute fire hazard. That's without mentioning all the times she's dumped presents on the floor or thrown her possessions around. I really think that Ruby takes everything for granted and hasn't had to consider other people very often.
---
and the idea of a projected readership
Dumb question: what do you mean by projected readership? Sounds interesting.

• Wow

pinkmug

VIP Member
View attachment 2714117
i mean, nothing against this.

but what about the people you are filming in the restaurant sitting at the next table? it's not copyright, but another form of right and I don't know why people on the internet do this? why can't they just blur faces or maybe ... not film everything? or try a different angle so that you don't show other people? maybe?!
I also wonder if she has the permission of the professor for the last part of her video.
I find this awful too. Basic privacy aside, you don't know who will see these videos. There are a bunch of reasons why people wouldn't want to be filmed for hundreds of thousands of people to see. Maybe they lied & called in sick to work, maybe they are trying to cut contact with people they don't want to see, maybe they are hiding from abusive ex-partners, maybe they are in witness protection. Unlikely but not impossible. Influencers act like the world is their background and everyone else is just an NPC in their content. I long for the day where these money hungry "content creators" get their comeuppance.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Mummy Bones has graced us with another tall tale of domestic disaster and assures us that - just like Ruby - she's JANUINELY A JARMAPHYOBE, HONNASTLEE while seemingly going out of her way to jam her hands into dog shit:

I am a bit of a germophobe. Even before the pandemic, I always carried a mini bottle of hand sanitizer with me at all times. So, this week has been a bit of a reminder of why I still do...

I was walking my lovely Lola on one of our daily walks when she decided to do her morning poo. I rustled in my pocket and produced a flimsy bag to pick up the steaming deposit. The only thing was that as I was scooping up the poop, the side of my hand got smeared with the stuff. Freaking out, I wiped the debris on some nearby grass, before double bagging it and putting it in my 'warming pocket'. I had decided to dedicate my outer left pocket of my coat to storing bagged up dog poo until I could dispose of it in a bin.

Two days later and exactly the same thing happened but this time, I only had one bag with me and, luckily, some tissues. I wrapped tissue around the overflowing, undone bag and held my parcel upright during the remainder of my walk - looking like I was holding a small baby's soiled nappy. I got home, threw it in the bin and scrubbed my hands red raw clean. The next day, I invested in some heavy duty dog poo bags for future events such as these.

Later in the week, I popped into the supermarket to pick up some lunch bits en route to my friend's house but as I had time on my hands, I grabbed a takeaway coffee. I put the shopping on the passenger seat of my car, balanced the coffee cup on the central bit and gingerly shut the door before walking around to the driver's seat. I was looking forward to ten minutes sipping my coffee and reading a chapter of my book before I was on my merry way. In the time I opened the car door and sat down, I had forgotten about the coffee (brainfog alert) and managed to swipe my elbow into it and spill over the car seat covers. Argh. Luckily, it did have a lid on so not all was spilt - just a stream of hot liquid from the hole in the top. I wiped up the mess with a tissue and tried to rectify the situation but not feeling like Sarah Jessica-Parker, as I had intended, while I drank my coffee and turned the pages of my book with sticky fingers.

The next day, I attended an art class for the first time in years and I forgot how much fun it is to paint. There were about thirty women my age group and we met in a church hall with coffee shop attached, chatting, drinking and painting canvases - attempting to create pictures of bowls with lemons or hydrangeas in. It was such a colourful experience and I was on a high afterwards. We all managed to cover our hands with splotches of paint, plus the odd splodge on our cheeks.

So, my hands have been covered in a few different substances to usual but I have to say that 'clean dirt' such as paint and coffee is my ultimate preference to dog poo (you don't say). I will certainly make sure I keep a supply of hand sanitizer and tissues to hand for the forseeable.

• Sick
  • Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I don’t know what the Oxford Bibliographic Society was up to last week, but the Oxford BibliographicAL society had this on:

View attachment 2706093

Roobee makes it sound like she gave a speech on social media use (”I was talking with them about social media use” is a very odd way of expressing that you had a casual conversation) so, idk, maybe she saw they were meeting at Jesus, saw the opportunity and hijacked it? 😂 Or is she perhaps just trying to make herself sound important again? 🤔
I'd wager it's the latter considering how much she loves to embellish ordinary tasks and plans into hugely important feats of productivity when she's feeling inadequate.

1e6bcb0ea4fd43019c159056e6c03806~tplv-photomode-image.jpeg

She even shows the workshop on her agenda for the day, so it was definitely that she went to and not some pre-arranged meeting/guest lecture like she makes out.

1e6bcb0ea4fd43019c18678mode-image - Copy - Copy.png

She no doubt thought it was more impressive to make shit up and turn herself into an expert advisor at a time when her ego's taking a beating.

View attachment 2706171
Perfectionist English student, everyone 🤦‍♀️
'Crime and Punishment and The Mysterious Apostrophe' by Dostor Yothski.

• Haha

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Ruby is claiming to have already read 27 books this year (on Storygraph).
I'm sorry but I just don't believe that Ruby has read 27 books so far this year. It is more likely that she has skim-read half of them and is pretending that she has read them fully to get her reading numbers up as this year I bet she will say that she has read 150+ books.

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
I don't think she's quick witted enough to be good at debate- she needs a lot of preparation and even then, this is apparently the result

slamvs27

VIP Member
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.09.56 PM.png

She takes it as a compliment? Tell me you enjoy being a victim without telling me you enjoy being a victim..

• Haha
  • Sick
How sad that they gift you a ton of donuts and you eat them alone and friendless in your own room... I'm sure they had in mind that she would post a little video or pic of her enjoying them with friends. Right now the message is: Eat our donuts so that you will be alone and sad. *nailed it