Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegossboss92

Have just caught up with the “Jade and Ruby in Oxford” vlog, Ruby’s version. Her description of purpose is certainly interesting: “it’s enjoying those pastries, the rainfall, the feel of February wind on your cheeks”. Really? That’s your life’s purpose? So why go through the trouble of an Oxford degree if your purpose is eating pastries in the rain? This girl is so deep.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

irunforfun

VIP Member
My friend useed to do that with her book blog as well! I don't see why Ruby doesn't do that as it would be a good way for her to get books and we could have a review of a book that is more than a reading of the blurb or it being described as 'cool.'
Because she’d have to actually read the book, understand the narrative and then use words with the correct meaning and in the correct order to convey an actual understanding of the book?

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Poguely

This is also the time of year to put in applications for PhDs, so she might be having interviews to prep for as well. Though there’ll be less pressure if she’s staying at Oxford. I remember this term in my MA bring a nightmare for deadlines and then after Easter it’s just solid writing.
I don't think she's going to do a PhD. The only reason she is doing a masters is to get one over on Oxford for rejecting her at undergrad. If Oxford had rejected her again, I doubt she'd be doing a masters at all. Because it was never about her wanting to do one, it was about her wanting to prestige of being an Oxford student.

Hence her applying to the easiest possible course to get accepted into despite having no known interest in the area of study over presuing the oversubscribed Victorian lit course that probably would have midly intrigued her on some weird psychological level.

Whisper2Me

I found it very interesting that she showed a picture of herself and her mother in Oxford yesterday, but today her mother is posting pictures of herself still in India with her husband. This family and their timelines. Nothing is honest with any of them. This is what I mean in an earlier post about don't rely on accurate times with any of Ruby's posts, no matter what social media she is using. It is never truthful and neither is her content.

• Wow

gossip_guy

VIP Member
She knows exactly what she's doing when it comes to the ad thumbnails - it's almost exclusively white, borderless text on light background.

In the rare event that she responds to criticism, she'll just huff, stomp her feet and say, "THE RYOOLS SAY OIY CAN OYTHA POT "AD" IN THE THOMBNAIL ORRR IN THE TOYTLE, AND OIY CHEEZE TYEU DEU THE FARRST WAN. :) x" Naturally, she'll neglect to mention or explain all the undeclared ads (I counted at least 4 in this video).

Putting up a title like "(AD) My Very Productive Routine for Tuesday Mid-Afternoons in January At Oxford University (i am an oxford student)" would make it immediately clear that it's an ad before you click. Ruby doesn't want that, especially since she'd have to do it for every piece of content she ever uploads. She knows if she declared all her ads and gifted products, every video would have 'AD' in the title and at least 75% of her videos would have on-screen ad declarations. Then her fans might start wising up that she's just putting on an embarrassingly fake persona to advertise poor-quality products to get money she doesn't need and stockpile free stuff she'll never use.

And naturally, she just has to lie about her relationship with the sponsor brand. She can't just say, "This video is sponsored by [insert brand here] which is [insert ad blurb here]." She just can't stop herself from launching into people-pleasing compulsive liar mode, insisting that the brand that she got for free, was paid to use and never uses outside the sponsored videos is HAHHR MYOST FAVORAT AVVER AND SHE YEEZES IT AVVERY SINGOL DAY, JANUINELY!

Here she's telling tall tales about how her mummy always buys this brand of expensive deodorant and Ruby always steals it to use herself, even though I don't recall her ever showing it or mentioning in a video ever before. Now she just magically and coincidentally has a sponsor deal with them. It's par for the course with her: Accept an ad deal, lie to establish a non-existent history of using the product outside paid ads, then heap praise on it in hopes that the sponsor will be happy and offer more money. Not a shred of integrity in her.

Meanwhile, the companies like Glossier and Blackwell/Waterstones who she keeps showing and advertising non-stop while desperately trying to beg a sponsorship deal out of them won't touch her with a bargepole. They're getting nothing but free advertising out of her anyway so have no reason to pay her.

Corneilya

Ok fellow french people, Ruby plans to invade us once again during Easter holidays. Hide the croissants, the study zombie invader will cross the borders soon!

• Haha
  • Wow

Griftwood

VIP Member
She’s been gifted a keyboard for her reMarkable (she had been ”wanting to get it for months” but god forbid she spend her own money on anything when she can just grift for it) and it’s ”like a typewriter.” So now she can use her device that feels just like writing on paper, to type like she’s on a typewriter. Let’s just reflect on the fact that she has copious amounts of paper and pens, as well as an ACTUAL typewriter, at her disposal. Not to mention she’s excited about it because she can work on a mobile device without being distracted by apps. Um, Roobee, your various iDevices all come with ”do not disturb” mode. Having made a number of videos on how to avoid distraction and how you stopped procrastinating and successfully reduced your screen time, surely you know how to use it?

Oh wait, I forgot. This is Roobee and she’s just lying for money again, the obnoxious little toad.

edit: I see she’s claiming she actually paid for this. O slash in the chat, all those who believe her.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
So they're both insufferable? Good to know. I grew up fairly near where she went to school (the towns nearby and the school she went were... very much not alike) and I knew slightly too many mums like this from when I was working.
Ruby's definitely her mother's daughter.

Both have a predictable tendency to wildly embellish or completely fabricate events for attention. With Ruby it's all her fake 72-hours-in-a-day accomplishments and pretending to be the most PRODOCKTIVE GARL HYOO AVVER LIVVED. With her mum it's the weekly occurrence of household disaster and crippling, deadly injuries that always end in no visit to the hosptial and are magically cured with a bit of rest and a cup of tea.

They're both partial to a bit of performative poverty to try to appear relatable, despite neither having to work, living in a manor home and owning several homes between them.

Neither of them appear to have any intention of getting a real job and will just exaggerate minor hobbies and busywork into full-blown, back-breaking careers (with Ruby it was her 3-hours-a-fortnight nepo job at her old school, her imaginary involvement in PONKERPOD TIBTEE, etc., with her mum it's a monthly call-in guest spot on her friend's local radio talk show).

Both are incredibly lazy and content to live in squalor, but will swear profusely that they're diligent, hard-working and obsessively clean and tidy.

Last edited:
  • Heart

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Gave myself concussion of the eye reading that so thanks
I read it an hour ago and the confusion still lingers. The balm is too cold to mould? Rice sculptures? Watermelon boredom? Has my psych medication stopped working? Do I need to call the Community Mental Health Team? Have I accidentally ingested LSD? Is it a malarial dream?

To put it in Ruby's words: my confusion was immense, palpable and irrevocable. It vanquished me thoroughly. The shimmering light of the screen was seeping into my eyeholes and I no longer perceived the content I was reading. The website's name - Tattle - became a ghostly mist. The very word 'forums' was such an apparition that I did not, at first, understand my surroundings. My concussion of the mind made it hard to form clear thoughts. Words plopped through my head like borlotti beans unable to move through a sieve.

Inconsequential concussion of the eye sounds like the B-side to Bonnie Tyler's hit :LOL:
I laughed out loud reading your comment. Good thing I'm not on public transport haha.
---
"Mum was..."
What?? I need to know 😭😂
I think ''mum was a...'' is the whole sentence. Mum was A. Her mother being the first letter of the alphabet makes no sense to normal people, but in the nonsensical context of Ruby's story it fits perfectly.

• Haha

bookworm39

Screenshot_20240214_201450_YouTube.jpg

Her comment section is so toxic, it's unbelivable. The first person very gently voiced an opinion and immdiately gets attacked by one of her rabid fans. I mean, they didn't even criticise Ruby in any way, and yet her fan made it sound as if the first person had personally attacked Ruby! It's ridiculous.

• Haha

Kcn

Chatty Member
If the mother does have her own bedroom I will say that my mom had her own bedroom in addition to the one my parents had shared together and she was definitely mentally broken up with him for years prior to when they split up so not a good sign for the bones manor
I haven’t watched the video so don’t know the context but just wanted to come on and say it doesn’t always mean trouble in a relationship!

My parents have had separate beds for years (my dad snores and kicks in the night so my mum gets a better nights’ sleep in another room) and they are totally fine! Obviously that’s not always the case but maybe Mother Granger or Daddy Granger snore and they need some respite from it!

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
even in a video where she absolves herself of any responsibility for the effects of her deceptive, dishonest, toxic content with the excuse that "other people do worse"
You could commit the most appalling crime imaginable and still technically say that "other people do worse" because you didn't orchestrate a genocide. Honestly it just makes her sound like a kid on the playground complaining that "they started it".