Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
View attachment 2710622

She got sent it by the PR team at Sony Pictures UK (for some reason she's made their tag as small as possible).

As always, she's late advertising the gifted product since the movie came out over 2 weeks ago. SYO VARRY ORGANOISED.
So let me get this straight.

Ruby has been gifted a movie (+ snacks?) by Sony Pictures UK.
She said there was no obligation to advertise, but chose to advertise it on her Instagram.
Ruby claims that 'this is not an ad' when it is, in fact, an AD.
She admits to being uninterested in the movie, shares the post 2 weeks late, and tags Sony Pictures using the smallest possible font, in a white colour against a cream background so it's barely visible.

Surely this violates the ASA's rules?

Reactions: 31

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Had an old Ruby video on this morning while I was sorting stuff, she said she "loves the 8 Passengers vlogs because they're SO uplifting" 😬 that aged like milk Ruby

• Wow
  • Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
The review: ‘IYT’S BAYSICKLY ABOUT CROIYME AND …’ Ruby screws up her eyes and squints at the camera ‘PONNISHMENT’.
"Weee tand tyooo think of CROIYME as ayyy thing that happens tyoooo OTHA PEOPLE. But whan weee think about CROIYME as ayyy CON-SAPPT, we realoise that there are A VARRY MANNIE DIFFERENT TOIYPES OF CROIYME, and NOT AWLL OF THAM ARE LEGAL. Somm of tham can even be what Hawthingbornford considers, "MATTAPHORICAL CROIYMES." And, as oiy say, ponnishment can sometimes be on-fahhr. So, in conclyoooshon, oiy would JANUINELY give THE CROIY-MAN'S PONNISHINGS boiy DOSTORR YOTHSKI a FOIVE OUT OF FOIVE. HONNASTLEE THE BASST BOOK OIY'VE AVVER RAD!"

• Haha
  • Sick

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untitled856689085879898.png

"as someone who is vegan"

Y'know, apart from all the times she buys and wears wool, leather bags and leather shoes, or when she eats dairy and generally non-vegan foods all the time, or when she buy cosmetics that are openly tested on animals.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I noticed that she leaves the bathroom light on so very often, and I can't even imagine how careless and rich and stupid one needs to be to get there lol forgetting here and there is, yes, normal, and happens to all of us (look at me, channeling my inner Rumbster and talking on everyone's behalf). But this on top of her leaving the fridge open for ages? I think it's safe to say that she just don't care.
Tell me you’ve never paid a bill in your life …

• Haha
  • Heart

secretalphabets

It's okay to be a slow reader or find some books more difficult than others, she never seems to acknowledge that though. Everything is wonderful and exquisite, she's in looove with it and she just finished 6 more novels while brushing her teeth.

Rumblemumble

Rumbster says that she's gonna bring this book with her, but also says that she "probably won't read it, to be honest". It's good that she's being honest for once lol

Screenshot (907).png

why the fuck is her slipper there ugh

But then she claims to be reading this book atm
Screenshot (908).png

But you can see what she's actually reading now, see there in the corner?

Screenshot (903).png

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. yep.

• Haha
  • Wow
Is it? I would assume getting it started now, ahead of the return in early April is a good idea, no?

Never had to fill out a tax form though, so do correct me if I'm wrong.
Tax year end is April, but tax returns are due end of January, so Ruby is either 11 months early; a month late -in which case she will face financial penalties; or, far more likely in the case of the more than productive Roobster, that To Do list was created about three months ago and a couple of random things just get thrown in every so often.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untitled87694476654659769 - Copy.png

Someone's already called her out again for her invading the privacy of everyone she can in the library and beyond, just so she can get more shots of herself pretending to study for 5 minutes in various locations. In true Ruby fashion, she's chosen to respond with gaslighting lies,.

The filming of other students and other people in communal spaces has been brought up in her comments before. She's aware of it and just ignored it because doing people the basic courtesy of asking for consent or blurring them meant more work for her. Her future videos will be no different and nothing will change.

Her excuse that she only won't blur someone when most of their face is obscured is a complete lie. In this video, the previous video and countless others before, she's just not bothered blurring the majority of people around campus, in private study areas, in coffee shops and restaurants, etc. Their full faces have been on display.

In just the first TWALVE SACKONDS of this video, there's two shots of people's faces clearly visible:

56756856 - Copy.png

7969769697 - Copy.png

Later on, she films the same girl in the background from multiple angles, changing the camera position to make her the centre of the shot:

12121212 - Copy.png

Given the angle and what a completely unconvincing job Ruby does at pretending to study while awkwardly hunched to one side, it's weirdly voyeuristic and feels like Ruby was intentionally trying to film other people over her shoulder.

Other people walk by and talk to the person in the background, Ruby makes no effort to blur them, either.

36535636 - Copy.png

Ruby hops on a train back home (for JANUINELY the FARRST TOIME THIS TARRM! (SQUINT)) and films some people there, too.

365356755636 - Copy - Copy.png

She tags along on her sister's trip to the WASS ANDYIERSONN ACKZIBIT to pay lip service to her fake interest in the filmmaker and films everyone there, too, with no effort to blur anyone.

This is just one video, too.

Every Oxford vlog is full of her filming people in private university study areas and libraries where filming for commercial purposes requires university permission or isn't allowed, with no effort to obtain that permission or blur people's faces.

In this video, she blurs one person - coincidentally it's the first person shown on-screen. After that, she clearly couldn't be bothered or felt she'd met whatever imaginary quota she's made up for herself.

Ruby's often getting on her soapbox and performatively yammering about THEEEE IMPWORETANCE OF LAHHHRNING or THEEE BEEYEEEUUUUTEEEE OF AWKWFWUD UNIVARRRRSITY'S STODDY AREAS AND CAMPOSS. But in her videos she shows a constant, entitled disregard for other people who want to enjoy those spaces for their intended purpose as a safe space to study in peace.

But rather than be honest and say, "I might blur one person at random just so my fans can argue that I do it, but I generally don't really blur people because I just can't be bothered - I'm really lazy and don't really pay attention to what I'm editing and really don't want to have to, plus other people's comfort, consent and right to privacy doesn't really affect me, so I don't give a shit," she chose to gaslight and lie.

Meanwhile, she's crammed in countless undeclared ads everywhere, yet again:

Untitled85656678989086575567879898 - Copy.png

Untitled856566789890865755890887967879898 - Copy.png

She advertises (with zero disclaimers) shit from RAMMADEEEE KYOMBYOOCHAAAAA, PONKEYPOD TIFFTEA, ED-starter-kit mainstay Manilife and more.

She shoehorns in an awkwardly long shot of herself using her laptop, for no other reason than to shoehorn in an ad for that dodgy CleanMyMacX bloatware program she got paid to use recently.

To advertise the actual sponsor, she rambles about MANTLE HALTH intermittently for the entire video, but in light of all the other dodgy, dishonest ads, it comes off as especially fake. She clearly hates being at uni and is only there because of the superficial trophy appeal of being at Oxford because she thinks it proves she's an innately genius, despite all evidence to the contrary. Meanwhile she's completely out of her depth and looks on the verge of tears for most of her time at Oxford.

There's scope for her to make an honest, meaningful video about her mental health, but her talking about "carving out time for rest" and "prioritising mental health" is ultimately fake and pointless when she only does that in videos wherein she advertises some kind of paid, sponsored mental health service. She wags her finger again that WE need to normalise going home, yet she lies about herself doing it all the time. None of her mental health talk rings true and isn't helpful to her younger viewers when she's still going all in on the ED-baiting while blatantly faking the timescales of her study videos, wildly embellishing everything she does and lying about reading books and academic texts to make herself seem infinitely busier and more productive than she is.

Speaking of fake:

Untitled856566789890865755890867879898 - Copy - Copy.png

Ruby jumps in to say she finds it AVVER SYO INTRASSTING, rather than just say, "YASS, OIY DYOO MODEL MOIY ACCENT ON MOIY MYOST FAVOURAT CHOYLDHYUD OIDOL AMMA WATSYON, BOHT NOW OIY'VE MADE SHORE TYOO PRETAND TYOOO BEEEE AMMA WATSYON AS AN ADOLT AT AWKSFUD, AND THAT IS WHOIY MOIY VOICE IS SOMMTOIMES DEEPAH AND WHOIY OY AWHLWHEYS START MOIY SANTANCES WITH RANDOM LIP-SMACKING AND CLUCKING, JOSST LOIKE AMMA WATSYON DOZZ!"

It is interesting that people are still fooled by her embarrassingly fake AMMA WATSYON accent, even as it changes wildly and vanishes completely throughout just this video.

• Haha
  • Heart

Griftwood

VIP Member
Can we just collectively spare a moment to reflect on the sheer pretentiousness of Rootabaga wanting to visit Paris over Easter because ”I have a list of paintings I would like to see and so many of them are in Paris.” I mean granted, a lot of paintings are really impressive seen in person, but let’s be honest. She’s going because she’s filthy rich and thinks she’s intellectual, and above all wants to look like an Oxford student who’s just so on fire for Culture that she needs to go twirl around Paree, pose for the camera in front of paintings, and eat half of a veeegan ✨💫quasson💫✨

edit: I can feel @Corneilya coming at me for the spelling. I regret nothing!

• Haha

aquinas

Maybe she's just lacking a sponsor...can't be putting content out just for views income alone!

• Haha

londongirl92

Saying Crime and Punishment is going to be in her “top 5 favourite books” after only being 5% through it… she is infuriating.

• Haha

Griftwood

VIP Member
Quote from the book I’m reading: ”…people took their common-place books to the theatre and to church, to ’preserve the best lines’, and writers started to self-consciously create quotable texts with common-placing readers in mind - seventeenth-century soundbites. In course, any such truism became known as a ’commonplace’, and the word quickly came to mean ’ordinary’ or ’unremarkable’.”

So essentially, since its very inception, the practice of common-placing has been common among self-important but unoriginal people… people just like Roobee 😂

• Haha

Griftwood

VIP Member
I don't understand this phrase 'bad mental health day', but I'm not a native speaker. Do people really use that? Why can't she just say that she's sad, or in a bad mood? There is nothing wrong with your mental health just because you experience negative emotions. On the contrary, it would be unhealthy to be happy all the time.
People do say that a lot and I think a lot of people mean well - they're trying to destigmatise mental health problems by talking about not being 100 % happy all the time. Unfortunately I think it's doing a disservice - "having a bad mental health day" is starting to sound like "having a bad hair day" and thus trivialising real mental health problems. If you're having a bad mental health day, you can just make it go away with some self-care - and in the meantime, there are so many people who can't just snap out of having depression or debilitating anxiety or an eating disorder. Suggesting a bit of meditation and a trip home to mummy and daddy is all you need is an insult when considered in that context.

also 100 % with you on there being nothing wrong with experiencing negative emotions! I realise it would be nice to feel happy and comfortable and confident all the time, but it would take a lot of lying to yourself to actually get there.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Ruby doing a VARRY DRAMATICKOL PRUFFWORMANCE and reading an excerpt about "the miserable lady with moist eyes" while she frumps about looking depressed because she has to change her bedding for the first time since October because of Jade's visit might be my new favourite 'beyond parody' Ruby moment.

Ruby Granger #45 - The Miserable Lady with Moist Eyes.

• Haha
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. R'S INFLUENCER DEBATE CLIP IS ON OXFORD UNION'S YT!
---
"Inherent value of influencer culture".

Good Lord.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
0=9678756759 - Copy.png

"She doesn't pretend to be anything she is not and there's a rare innocence and kindness there..."

The irony of this being a sincere comment about Ruby in a debate about the negative influence of social media influencers, where part of her defence is "people are smart enough to decide for themselves if an influencer is lying or being fake".

This is her fanbase and they're just helping unravel her only flimsy argument. They're clearly not old enough or smart enough to see through her glaringly fake persona and content, even in a video where she absolves herself of any responsibility for the effects of her deceptive, dishonest, toxic content with the excuse that "other people do worse".